Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Marriott | Marriott Bonvoy
Reload this Page >

Singapore Marriott Tang Plaza Hotel (Orchard Road) [Master Thread]

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Jan 28, 2020, 1:52 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: margarita girl
Hotel email: [email protected]
Print Wikipost

Singapore Marriott Tang Plaza Hotel (Orchard Road) [Master Thread]

Search this Thread

Old Dec 2, 2010, 8:58 am

As a Gold I have been to the Marriott Singapore on award stay not on a priceline stay and I have stayed at several Marriott properties booked via priceline. My experiences are:

- Marriott in Singapore is great: Nice rooms, well equiped Exec Lounge (decent food in the evening and good drink selection) and huge breakfast buffet in the morning (we had the choice to take breakfast in the lounge or in the restaurant)

- Marriott values your Gold card on priceline stays. I always received free breakfast, lounge access (where available) and a nice room (even suite upgrades)

Enjoy your stay!
Old Sep 18, 2011, 3:28 pm

Location: Port St Lucie, FL, UA1K since 1994 and 3mm, Delta 1mm
Programs: Marriott Titanium Life, Hilton Gold
Singapore Marriott Construction

Has anyone been there yet and seen what they are doing and how disruptive it is -- only have this from the hotel --

"Dear Sir/Mdm,

Thank you for your support of the Singapore Marriott Hotel.

At the Singapore Marriott Hotel, our goal is to consistently exceed expectations from the point of choosing to stay until the time of departure; through the combination of exceptional service, luxurious guest rooms to rest and rejuvenate, award winning restaurants with sumptuous offerings and functional and welcoming facilities.

The entire project will span from 1 September 2011 to 31 March 2012. Following its completion, our guest rooms will be refreshed to accord more space and comfort for our guests. By 1 November 2011, the remodeled lobby will provide a more functional and welcoming ambiance while in December, the Marriott Cafe and Crossroads Cafe will offer an extraordinary dining experience with a modern twist.

The refurbishment works of the remaining guestrooms will be scheduled from 9.00am to 5.00pm on Mondays to Fridays and 11.00am to 5.00pm on Saturdays and Sundays to minimize any inconvenience caused. All refurbishment works will be isolated to ensure the well-being of the guests. "
Old Sep 18, 2011, 8:54 pm

Programs: Amex-gold, Hainan-gold, Mrt-LT Titanium
?

Umm, good ?, i am to be there the end of December, and wondering the same.
Old Sep 19, 2011, 6:08 am

Programs: Marriott Plat, BAEC Silver, Thai Silver, Bangkok Air, Krisflyer Blue
Originally Posted by PaulMCO
Has anyone been there yet and seen what they are doing and how disruptive it is -- only have this from the hotel --

"Dear Sir/Mdm,

Thank you for your support of the Singapore Marriott Hotel.

At the Singapore Marriott Hotel, our goal is to consistently exceed expectations from the point of choosing to stay until the time of departure; through the combination of exceptional service, luxurious guest rooms to rest and rejuvenate, award winning restaurants with sumptuous offerings and functional and welcoming facilities.

The entire project will span from 1 September 2011 to 31 March 2012. Following its completion, our guest rooms will be refreshed to accord more space and comfort for our guests. By 1 November 2011, the remodeled lobby will provide a more functional and welcoming ambiance while in December, the Marriott Cafe and Crossroads Cafe will offer an extraordinary dining experience with a modern twist.

The refurbishment works of the remaining guestrooms will be scheduled from 9.00am to 5.00pm on Mondays to Fridays and 11.00am to 5.00pm on Saturdays and Sundays to minimize any inconvenience caused. All refurbishment works will be isolated to ensure the well-being of the guests. "
Received the same email. We will be there in Jan for 5 nights so I am wondering what the impact might be.
Old Sep 19, 2011, 7:24 am

Programs: MR LTT, BA Gold, AA LTP, UA Silver
Ditto for mid-November.
Old Sep 19, 2011, 4:26 pm

Programs: Something lifetime here and there
Hmmm....I am going to SIN next month and usually stay at the Marriott. I may stay around the Marina area to avoid this. Anyone got a condo to rent out at the ION across the street.
Old Sep 19, 2011, 8:06 pm

Originally Posted by goingbananas
Hmmm....I am going to SIN next month and usually stay at the Marriott. I may stay around the Marina area to avoid this. Anyone got a condo to rent out at the ION across the street.
In the past I've stayed at the SIN Marriott when they were doing room renovations on the pool level floor (we were in a Pool side villa). There was no problem with the work and also at the time there was demolition work going on next door and the ION was under construction across Orchard so it was a busy time - we were out most of the day, so no daytime work issues. Had access to the Exec Lounge with my play card so we had a great time.
Old Sep 20, 2011, 2:29 pm

Location: Port St Lucie, FL, UA1K since 1994 and 3mm, Delta 1mm
Programs: Marriott Titanium Life, Hilton Gold
Originally Posted by qwest01
In the past I've stayed at the SIN Marriott when they were doing room renovations on the pool level floor (we were in a Pool side villa). There was no problem with the work and also at the time there was demolition work going on next door and the ION was under construction across Orchard so it was a busy time - we were out most of the day, so no daytime work issues. Had access to the Exec Lounge with my play card so we had a great time.
The only issue is that the first part of the renovations is the Lobby and Restaurant/Cafe. For me that would be a "move to another hotel" issue. My stay is not til Dec and hopefully the lobby and restaurants are done by then.
Old Sep 21, 2011, 1:19 am

Programs: BA Gold/Marriott Titanium Lifetime/UA/JetBlue
Renovations>

I too received the e mail about renovations when I made a reservation for November.

I have written to the sender of the e mail to ask for a more detailed review of what is happening when. The rate they are charging is the highest I ever paid for Singapore and the St. Regis is available for the same price on line and it is just along the same road. I would prefer the Marriott but if it is a building site there is no way I am paying SGD450 a night (over 200 pounds).

Having just stayed at the Brussels Marriott during renovations at full price I have been taught a lesson already. (Characterless conference rooms with no aircon used as breakfast rooms and Concierge lounge is not acceptable when you are paying the standard room rate).

I await a reply
Old Sep 21, 2011, 9:32 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: UALifetimePremierGold, Marriott LifetimeTitanium
For those who might be staying there in the next few months, can you report back whether the exec lounge is open on the weekend, if not, if they provide brekkie coupons, if not, if it's key accessible for soft drinks; if there's free wifi or i-net terminals?

Given it's Asia I'm assuming it's open, but a recent report would be helpful re: the above. I also realize, depending on how renovation is going, it might have a temporary location.

But still, a report would be helpful to fellow FTers & I'll update the exec lounge sticky.

Cheers.
Old Sep 21, 2011, 12:54 pm

Will do.

When I was there April of last year lounge was open 7 days a week. Beautiful lounge with 4 hot dishes, cheese and fruit table, salad, bread, cold meat platters, about a half dozen desserts, and other stuff I just don't remember. The nicest lounge spread at a Marriott I have experienced. Breakfast was also well above adequate.

I will be there in a little less than 2 months (over a weekend) and will let you know, but I anticipate the level of service will be up to their usual standards.
Old Sep 21, 2011, 1:08 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: UALifetimePremierGold, Marriott LifetimeTitanium
Originally Posted by aaupgrade
Will do.

When I was there April of last year lounge was open 7 days a week. Beautiful lounge with 4 hot dishes, cheese and fruit table, salad, bread, cold meat platters, about a half dozen desserts, and other stuff I just don't remember. The nicest lounge spread at a Marriott I have experienced. Breakfast was also well above adequate.

I will be there in a little less than 2 months (over a weekend) and will let you know, but I anticipate the level of service will be up to their usual standards.
That was my guess. Do you remember if they had free wifi in the lounge or if there were i-net terminals?

Cheers.
Old Sep 21, 2011, 1:44 pm

Programs: AC MM 50K, Marriott LTT
Free wifi in lounge as Plat.

Also, free breakfast in restaurant offered to Plats in lieu of CL if one has time to linger under the fans on the outdoor patio ... one of the best hotel breakfasts in my travels. The made to order fruit/veggie smoothies were a real treat. Service was top notch in both venues.

Last edited by Melville; Sep 21, 2011 at 1:57 pm
Old Sep 21, 2011, 9:13 pm

Originally Posted by SkiAdcock
That was my guess. Do you remember if they had free wifi in the lounge or if there were i-net terminals?

Cheers.
IMHO this is the No. 2 lounge in Marriotts across the world with Sydney Circular Quay being number 1. As others have said it is open 7 days and free wifi and all the other benefits. An excellent lounge with great staff only marginally bettered by Sydney where the booze flows like water.

Thgis is Singapore not Brussels so you can expect top notch service levels - I'm hoping for a pool villa room when we stay in Jan.
Old Sep 21, 2011, 11:17 pm

Originally Posted by SkiAdcock
Do you remember if they had free wifi in the lounge or if there were i-net terminals?
Yes, there was free WiFi, but it is a moot point as WiFi is now free for all MR members at all Asia and Australia Marriott properties.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.