Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Marriott | Marriott Bonvoy
Reload this Page >

Singapore Marriott Tang Plaza Hotel (Orchard Road) [Master Thread]

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Jan 28, 2020, 1:52 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: margarita girl
Hotel email: [email protected]
Print Wikipost

Singapore Marriott Tang Plaza Hotel (Orchard Road) [Master Thread]

Search this Thread

Old Mar 20, 2005, 6:56 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Delta DM-3MM United Gold-MM Marriott Lifetime Titanium Hertz President's Circle
I had an 8-day award stay about 3 months ago and was upgraded to a very nice room. You just had bad luck this one time. I don't believe it's a pattern with that hotel, where I've stayed several times and never had a problem.

Bruce
Old Mar 20, 2005, 8:23 am
Suspended

Originally Posted by bdschobel
I had an 8-day award stay about 3 months ago and was upgraded to a very nice room. You just had bad luck this one time. I don't believe it's a pattern with that hotel, where I've stayed several times and never had a problem.

Bruce
Now I am starting to wonder why I am treated differently
Old Mar 20, 2005, 9:43 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: MR/SPG LT Titanium, AA LT PLT, UA SLV, Avis PreferredPlus
I just tried booking a room there for any of the next 3 nights and it came up completely sold out. Upgrades are based on availability at check-in. When you check in, we'll upgrade your room whenever we can at no additional charge.

Sometimes, despite conspiracy theories to the contrary, there really is no better room available and you get what you reserved.

Originally Posted by Mama
Now I am starting to wonder why I am treated differently
You're not.

Did I mention conspiracy theories......
Old Mar 20, 2005, 6:12 pm
Suspended

ok...good to know
Thanks.
Old May 17, 2005, 5:36 am

Programs: UA Member/Marriott Silver/SPG Gold/Hilton Honors Gold
Any Promos for Marriott in Singapore

I notice most of the promos listed are for Marriott brands in the US, Canada, Mexico, etc. Are there any that can be used in Singapore that involve free stays, bonus bucks, etc.? I have 2 stays coming up in June and July and am having a tough time finding info on promos. Thanks in advance to the brain trust
Old May 17, 2005, 8:45 pm

The Singapore Marriott is listing a MR Bonus for 1,000 Points (see link on hotel's page for more info).
Old May 18, 2005, 11:39 am

Thank you. I finally did find that one, but it's tied to a specific rate. The corporate rate I am getting is far less than the rate per night using that promo. It's not worth 1000 points for another $90 Sing a night :-)
Old May 18, 2005, 3:38 pm
Suspended

Now you know Singapore is the most expensive place to visit/stay in southeast asia.
Old May 19, 2005, 9:24 pm

Been there 57 nights on three trips since Jan. 1. Very nice folks. Last stay they Upgraded me to one of there 17 executive suites for the entire 3 week stay. I was also pay a corp rate of 210S / nite but still got the upgrade and the 1,000 bonus. Order the Satay room service......... very good.
Old May 20, 2005, 5:42 am

Thanks

Thanks for the info andbaynard. I'll defintely try the Satay room service! I haven't been to Singapore in 3 years, so I'm looking forward to going back. I remember seeing the Marriott on Orchard my last stay and it looked nice, but then I was staying at the Sheraton Towers (also a very nice hotel).
Old May 2, 2006, 1:28 am

Programs: MUCCI; BAEC Lifetime Gold; Marriott Bonvoy Emeritus Titanium; Hertz#1, Avis President’s Club
Singapore Marriott

Any comments on this property? I am Platinum and thinking of staying there next March.

Regards

John
Old May 2, 2006, 10:00 am
Moderator: Hawaii-based airlines & Hawai'i forums

Programs: NEXUS/Global Entry, Delta, United, Hyatt, IHG, Marriott, and Hertz
Originally Posted by johnaalex
Any comments on this property? I am Platinum and thinking of staying there next March.

Regards

John
You mean, other than the 40 previous posts?

I stayed here last January with a few other FTers attending SIN Run '06. As others have posted, it's got a great location for shopping and catching mass transit. I had no complaints on the rooms or service.

You can also take a look at www.tripadvisor.com for additional reviews.
Old May 2, 2006, 2:44 pm

Programs: UAL, Marriott, Skymiles, AAdvantage, trueBlue, Starwood Preferred Guest, Hyatt,Leaders Club, Alaska
I spend many a day at this hotel in my 7 year stay in Singapore.

It is a good, not excellent hotel, with an excellent location in the very heart of orchard road, a very nice gym and pool on top, and pretty good restaurants.

If you are looking to be in the heart of Singapore, this is the place to stay. If you want something else, like history or elegance, try the Raffles or the Ritz Carlton..or the Four Seasons (just 10 minutes walking distance).
Old May 3, 2006, 8:17 am

Programs: Delta Platinum;Delta 2MM;Marriott Lifetime Platinum Elite;Hertz 5*
Originally Posted by SpuddBrother
Rooms: B- (small, refurb many times -- note that this isn't a JW)
Elevators: D (Old, old, old)
Shopping: A+
Restaurants: A+
Transportation: A (perched above a subway stop)
Service: A-
Minibar: D- (the highest prices of any MC I've ever seen)
Stayed there many times. Ditto SpudBrother's analysis.

Last edited by bdschobel; May 3, 2006 at 11:07 am Reason: added quote
Old May 15, 2006, 6:47 pm

Programs: UA 1K, US LT Silver, AA Plat, Marriott LT Plat, Hilton Gold, Hyatt Platinum, Starwood Gold
Marriott or Hilton in Singapore?

Which hotel would you choose for vacation?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.