Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Marriott | Marriott Bonvoy
Reload this Page >

[LEAVING Marriott] W Paris Opéra, France [Master Thread]

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

[LEAVING Marriott] W Paris Opéra, France [Master Thread]

Search this Thread

Old Aug 24, 2019, 2:04 pm

Location: ATL - DL DM/3MM - HH Lifetime Diamond - Marriott Lifetime Plat
Any recent stays here? I made a reservation a month ago and it now has this notation -
  • Please note – This hotel is preparing for a new style. Renovation works have started and will continue through December 2019. Kindly note that our spectacular Opera Garnier view is restricted.
bhrubin likes this.
Old Aug 24, 2019, 2:12 pm
Suspended
Marriott 25+ BadgeAman Contributor Badge

Programs: Marriott Ambassador and LTT, UA Plat/LT Gold, AA Gold
Perhaps I’ll check this property out after its expansion and renovation. Very cool.
Old Aug 24, 2019, 3:32 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1K1.75MM, Hyatt Globalist, abandoned Marriott LTT (RIP SPG), Hertz PC
I enjoyed my suite on my last stay a couple years ago, but base rooms are tiny, breakfast is mediocre, the gym is tiny if that's a need...I love Ws but this one isn't/wasn't the best expression of the brand. Hope some of these renovations help.
Old Aug 24, 2019, 3:34 pm

Programs: Marriott AMB, Skywards Gold
Originally Posted by Tomphot
Any recent stays here? I made a reservation a month ago and it now has this notation -
  • Please note – This hotel is preparing for a new style. Renovation works have started and will continue through December 2019. Kindly note that our spectacular Opera Garnier view is restricted.
Was in Paris a few days ago and noticed that a whole lot of construction was going on the exterior part of the W.
Old Aug 24, 2019, 3:43 pm

Originally Posted by UA-NYC
I enjoyed my suite on my last stay a couple years ago, but base rooms are tiny, breakfast is mediocre, the gym is tiny if that's a need...I love Ws but this one isn't/wasn't the best expression of the brand. Hope some of these renovations help.
On my last stay a few years ago, I had a Marvelous Room for 1 night then upgraded to Suite for the final 4 nights. I have another 5 night stay booked early Dec. on points for a regular room. I'm hoping they still do upgrades for lowly Plats.
Old Aug 24, 2019, 6:59 pm

Stayed there last week. Nice upgrade for a lowly Gold to a Wow Suite. Scaffolding was up on the side of the building that directly faces to the Opera Garnier and that houses the Apple store. The side we were in, with the hotel entrance and the restaurant and that offers a more oblique view of the Opera, didn't have any scaffolding. For how long I don't know. Great staff and we really enjoyed our stay. BTW the Intercontinental that sits the other side of the Opera house is absolutely plastered with scaffolding so there is a lot going on in the area.
bhrubin likes this.
Old Oct 24, 2019, 1:46 pm

Programs: DL Kryptonium & Diamond & 2MM, SPG Lifetime Platinum
Elite Benefits

Has anyone had any recent experience with Elite Benefits here? The hotel looks nice, but curious if they have a lounge or breakfast for a titanium.
Thanks!
Old Oct 24, 2019, 1:52 pm

Originally Posted by BadgerFlyer91
Has anyone had any recent experience with Elite Benefits here? The hotel looks nice, but curious if they have a lounge or breakfast for a titanium.
Thanks!
Or for us lowly Platinums. It’s been a few years since I’ve stayed here, back then was given a nice suite and free breakfast. Have a stay coming up in December.
Old Oct 24, 2019, 3:41 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1K1.75MM, Hyatt Globalist, abandoned Marriott LTT (RIP SPG), Hertz PC
Why wouldn’t they have a breakfast? It’s a guaranteed benefit.
Old Oct 25, 2019, 8:50 am

Originally Posted by UA-NYC
Why wouldn’t they have a breakfast? It’s a guaranteed benefit.
Guaranteed for whom?
Old Oct 25, 2019, 9:22 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: AS 75K; UA 1MM; Hyatt Globalist; Marriott LTP; Hilton Diamond (Aspire)
Originally Posted by Fly Me To The Moon
Guaranteed for whom?
The OP is Titanium. So choice of breakfast or1000 points is a guaranteed arrival benefit at W.
Old Oct 25, 2019, 9:30 am

Programs: DL PM MM SC; GE; Bonvoy Titanium; IHG Diamond
Originally Posted by Tomphot
Have a stay coming up in December.
Same here, I'll be there Christmas week. I'm pretty sure they don't have a lounge but I expect breakfast as a titanium benefit.
Old Oct 25, 2019, 6:53 pm

Originally Posted by Kacee
The OP is Titanium. So choice of breakfast or1000 points is a guaranteed arrival benefit at W.
So, breakfast is not really a guaranteed standard benefit for all Titaniums. It is only available if you choose it as the "Welcome Amenity" instead of the points.
Old Oct 25, 2019, 6:57 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Unless one is staying on OPM and/or has a per diem, a breakfast for every day of the stay (for up to 2 people) is generally seen as the superior benefit relative to a one time point bonus worth about $6
Old Oct 25, 2019, 11:15 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: AS 75K; UA 1MM; Hyatt Globalist; Marriott LTP; Hilton Diamond (Aspire)
Originally Posted by Fly Me To The Moon
So, breakfast is not really a guaranteed standard benefit for all Titaniums. It is only available if you choose it as the "Welcome Amenity" instead of the points.

It's guaranteed if you want breakfast. If you'd rather have points, then points are guaranteed.
UA-NYC likes this.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.