Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Marriott | Marriott Bonvoy
Reload this Page >

Platinum arrival gift [Merged threads]

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Platinum arrival gift [Merged threads]

Search this Thread

Old Jan 8, 2018, 8:29 am

Programs: BA, Marriott, Hertz, Dennis The Menace Fan Club
There is definitely such a system as my previous employers were responsible for its installation and ongoing maintenance. It was and possibly still is, based on Siebel CRM, although they may have migrated to another system in the past couple of years.
Old Feb 11, 2018, 12:29 am

Planetarium Arrival Gift

I just went back and looked at my stays year to date since Jan 1. I have noticed that they did not post my Platinum Arrival gift of points for 3 separate stays.. I always take the points and never take the breakfast as I can comp breakfast with my company.

Of course on the website it says "If guarantee is not met, guest compensation applies." Has anyone ever actually gotten money for this? I would just assume by calling them they would add the points to my account and they would consider that as meeting the guest compensation. Or use an excuse as there was a computer glitch.

I read the fine print in the terms but there is no definition of what they mean by if guest compensation is not met!

Just wanted to get thoughts and experiences
Old Feb 11, 2018, 1:20 am

Programs: DL:MM, Marriott:LTT
MODS: Can you please move this into an existing thread, like this one: https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/marr...d-threads.html.

This has been dealt with so many times on so many threads...

To receive compensation you need to ask for it before you leave the hotel. You did not. Yes, you do not know you did not receive the points until after the stay, but as has been discussed over and over again, those are the breaks. Most of us just call Marriott to ask for the points without asking for the money because it is a settled issue. The agent can quickly and easily add the bonus points. This happens often. Yes, it's a pain to have to call but it is a simple call. I usually call once a quarter and the agent adds the extra points to all reservations missing the points.

Last edited by CJKatl; Feb 11, 2018 at 1:30 am
Old Feb 11, 2018, 1:30 am
Suspended

Programs: UA 1K
Was Saturn really as pretty as I imagine it to be?
Old Feb 16, 2018, 4:51 pm

Recent experience with a NYC hotel. Was not offered the Plat gift choice at check in. Raised issue next morning with Marriott directly. Heard from hotel management via email, saying they offered points or gift through app.

I pointed out that the terms specified that the offer had to be made on arrival, not any sort of online check in. Also pointed out the guarantee is not optional but part of the Marriott service offering.

Went back and forth (including discussion of less than satisfactory check in experience) but they eventually agreed to send me a $100 check. After a week or so, I hadn't received check.

Contacted them again and they offered me 45,000 MR points in lieu of $100. I took the points as a better offer. Points posted immediately.

Must be easier/cheaper to issue the points than to get their team to issue a $100 check.

Hotel not named as they gave me reasonable compensation. However, it should be much easier to get them to give the $100 guarantee immediately rather than having to pry compensation out of them.
Old Feb 16, 2018, 7:07 pm
Marriott Contributor Badge

Programs: AA EXP 2MM; Marriott Titanium; Hilton Diamond; Hyatt Explorist; Vistana 5* Elite; Nat'l Exec Elite
Originally Posted by jbarm
Recent experience with a NYC hotel. Was not offered the Plat gift choice at check in. Raised issue next morning with Marriott directly. Heard from hotel management via email, saying they offered points or gift through app.

I pointed out that the terms specified that the offer had to be made on arrival, not any sort of online check in. Also pointed out the guarantee is not optional but part of the Marriott service offering.

Went back and forth (including discussion of less than satisfactory check in experience) but they eventually agreed to send me a $100 check. After a week or so, I hadn't received check.

Contacted them again and they offered me 45,000 MR points in lieu of $100. I took the points as a better offer. Points posted immediately.

Must be easier/cheaper to issue the points than to get their team to issue a $100 check.

Hotel not named as they gave me reasonable compensation. However, it should be much easier to get them to give the $100 guarantee immediately rather than having to pry compensation out of them.
Since the Marriott earnings call indicated they would be decreasing the cost of the loyalty program to their hotel owners, I predict the combined loyalty program will end the compensated Marriott service offerings.
Old Feb 17, 2018, 2:15 am

Programs: A3(*G), Marriott Platinum, Hilton Diamond, IHG Diamond Ambassador
Originally Posted by controller1
Since the Marriott earnings call indicated they would be decreasing the cost of the loyalty program to their hotel owners, I predict the combined loyalty program will end the compensated Marriott service offerings.
It's also possible that it isn't just the PAG guarantee that goes but the PAG itself.
Old Feb 17, 2018, 6:22 am
Suspended

Programs: DeltaPrivateJet, Ritz PP, Delta 4 million miler - Flying Colonel; AA Exec Plat (3 million + USAir)
Originally Posted by jbarm

I pointed out that the terms specified that the offer had to be made on arrival, not any sort of online check in. Also pointed out the guarantee is not optional but part of the Marriott service offering..
They are being nice to you. If you did "early check-in", it is check in and the ap clearly says you get points unless you ask for the gift. You should be ashamed of yourself. It is people like you who kill it for the rest of us. Hope you are proud of yourself
Old Feb 17, 2018, 8:57 am

Programs: LTP, PP
Originally Posted by yurtripper
It's also possible that it isn't just the PAG guarantee that goes but the PAG itself.
I can't see anyone getting too upset about giving away a piddly 500 points per stay.

The $100 guarantee is a relic stupidly heldover from the days when you would order a cheese platter and it would never show up (which was frequent).

Why they continue to let the he said-she said $100 battle rage on over a mouse click of points is great Marriott mystery. That has to be the first thing axed.
Old Feb 17, 2018, 9:04 am

Programs: LTP, PP
Originally Posted by controller1
I predict far worse... As in higher point redemptions and restrictions on use.

Owner's cost of a loyalty program has 3 significant components, purchasing of points to give away, servicing those who redeem points and running a complimentary lounge. Can't really get away from the first so likely the other 2 are going to suffer. Brace self.
Old Apr 21, 2018, 11:13 pm

Sporadic Platinum Arrival Gift -Points

This is really getting frustrating! This is the 4th time this month that I have not received my Platinum arrival gift! I always take the points since my company will pay for my breakfast or I will eat in the lounge!

Has anyone else been having issues? There are at least asking me for the option but they are not posting!

I know it is as small as 500 points but that adds up to 2,000
Old Apr 21, 2018, 11:35 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by Marriott15
This is really getting frustrating! This is the 4th time this month that I have not received my Platinum arrival gift! I always take the points since my company will pay for my breakfast or I will eat in the lounge!

Has anyone else been having issues? There are at least asking me for the option but they are not posting!

I know it is as small as 500 points but that adds up to 2,000
It happens for me from time to time. If you write in to Marriott, they'll add it for you.
Old Apr 21, 2018, 11:55 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: AS 75K; UA 1MM; Hyatt Globalist; Marriott LTP; Hilton Diamond (Aspire)
Originally Posted by Marriott15
If you point it out while on property, they owe you $100.
Old Apr 22, 2018, 12:01 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by Kacee
If you point it out while on property, they owe you $100.
Well, if they ask, and you elect points when then don't get deposited, there's not much you can do. You wouldn't know that they failed to do it properly until a couple of days after your stay.
Old Apr 22, 2018, 12:07 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: AS 75K; UA 1MM; Hyatt Globalist; Marriott LTP; Hilton Diamond (Aspire)
Originally Posted by jsloan
Well, if they ask, and you elect points when then don't get deposited, there's not much you can do. You wouldn't know that they failed to do it properly until a couple of days after your stay.
Yes, I read too quickly, didn't get OP's comment that "There [sic] are at least asking me for the option but they are not posting!"

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.