Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Marriott | Marriott Bonvoy
Reload this Page >

Platinum arrival gift [Merged threads]

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Platinum arrival gift [Merged threads]

Search this Thread

Old Aug 30, 2017, 2:52 pm
Original Member

Programs: AA 2MM, Bonvoy LTT, Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by jrhmdtraum
Even with the mobile check in they are supposed to give ou the option.
The mobile check-in thread and app itself seem to indicate you've "made the choice" when you mobile check-in.
Old Aug 30, 2017, 3:37 pm

Programs: LTP, PP
Originally Posted by Points Scrounger
With the current promotion and all those brand stays required, I've never run across this situation anywhere yet. Just out of curiosity, at what point is this guarantee invoked to receive the fistful of banknotes?
Some wait until the morning of checkout, others run to the room after check-in & start complaining.

IDK, the entire thing seems silly to me right now since they did away with the F&B option. THAT was a 50-50 chance whether you actually received it or not hence the necessity for guarantee.

You know what's coming to you, the insulting # of points or the equally almost useless $10 coupon or bottle of water. I can't see making a fuss about the fact that you weren't "asked" your choice.
Old Aug 30, 2017, 3:37 pm

[QUOTE=Points Scrounger;28755987]With the current promotion and all those brand stays required, I've never run across this situation anywhere yet. Just out of curiosity, at what point is this guarantee invoked to receive the fistful of banknotes?[/QUOTE

It happened to me once years ago when you actually had a variety of choices. I waited after I checked in engaged him in conversation and nothing. I gave them plenty of opportunities. I asked about any upgrade possible due to Platinum status. I went back to desk to inquire about breakfast vouchers again nothing.

So right before I checked out, I informed them that I wasn't asked about PAG and I was owed $100. They looked at me like what was I talking about. Had to get 2 other co workers before they knew what to do but I did walk out with $100 bill and me joking with them that now at least they know how to do it.

You just have to do it BEFORE checking out.
RogerD408 likes this.
Old Aug 30, 2017, 3:42 pm

I do agree with the above though, if they don't come though on the other fronts and have a 'tude about it, then stick it to them, before checkout.
Old Aug 30, 2017, 5:00 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
IHG Contributor BadgeMarriott Contributor Badge

Programs: Delta - Silver; UA - Silver; HHonors - Diamond; IHG - Spire Ambassador; Marriott Bonvoy - Titanium
I've been given F&B choices recently at different brands.
Old Aug 30, 2017, 5:28 pm

I've been given F&B choices recently at different brands.
At US, FS or higher? Not just picking out of the pantry? That's unusual but good news.
Old Aug 30, 2017, 9:37 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Delta - Silver; UA - Silver; HHonors - Diamond; IHG - Spire Ambassador; Marriott Bonvoy - Titanium
Originally Posted by joshua362
At US, FS or higher? Not just picking out of the pantry? That's unusual but good news.
Yes, definitely given the points vs. F&B credit choice at a FS Marriott; I don't recall exactly whether Renaissance offered the specific choice. AC offered the choice last winter for sure.
Old Aug 31, 2017, 7:35 am

Yes, definitely given the points vs. F&B credit choice at a FS Marriott; I don't recall exactly whether Renaissance offered the specific choice. AC offered the choice last winter for sure.
Sorry, I think we are talking about 2 different things. Points or a F&B credit (FS or higher) is the new standard.

About 5 years ago they stopped the option where they would deliver a beverage (bottle of wine) and food platter to your room if that was your choice. Some properties produced a masterpiece (SJ FS) others a sleeve of crackers and a tin of cheese. Both were worth more then the points or F&B coupon IME and was a nice personal PLT welcoming touch.
Old Aug 31, 2017, 9:50 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: UALifetimePremierGold, Marriott LifetimeTitanium
Originally Posted by joshua362
Sorry, I think we are talking about 2 different things. Points or a F&B credit (FS or higher) is the new standard.
The new standard for US/Canada. Rest of world it's 500 pts or food/drink amenity.

Cheers.
Old Aug 31, 2017, 10:32 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

The only times I can recall FS "welcome gifts" like that were both @ IHG properties: in Texas a giant chocolate cowboy boot (Crowne Plaza), and in Madrid a generous plate each of ham and cheese (Indigo).
Old Sep 26, 2017, 11:47 am
alc

mobile check-in for the first time with the new app and it now state:

Arrival Gift

Enjoy 500 points on us. Prefer the food and beverage amenity? Just let us know when you arrive.
So, as others had mentioned, mobile check-in does automatically get points.
Old Sep 26, 2017, 12:09 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: UALifetimePremierGold, Marriott LifetimeTitanium
Originally Posted by alc
mobile check-in for the first time with the new app and it now state:

So, as others had mentioned, mobile check-in does automatically get points.
Thanks for the update. But at least they now have a 1-liner reminder saying if you want the food/beverage to let them know at check-in. IIRC that wasn't there before?

Cheers.
Old Sep 27, 2017, 1:56 pm

Programs: UA 4.3MM LT-GS; AA1MM; Amtrak SE; MAR LT TITAN; PC Plat; HIL DIA; HYA GLOB
I recently had an award stay at the SF Marquis. I used the mobile app to check-in, and confirmed I wanted the 500 arrival points. The agent asked me again when I picked up my key.

Lo and behold (!) the stay posted without the 500 points. I called MR, and they gave me the 500 points plus a 500 point bonus for the error. I'm OK with this
Old Sep 27, 2017, 2:23 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

2AM arrival @ LAX, so checked in via app to avoid chance of being walked. Agent confirmed the points as my amenity, which posted with the stay.
Old Sep 28, 2017, 5:29 pm

How can I tell if I'm getting the points I should be getting. I can't ever tell if they give me points for declining housekeeping. Here's an example:
+5,905 Points
(2,270 Base + 1,135 Elite + 2,500 Extra)
I think the extra is 500 welcome amenity plat + 2000 promotion (that just ended)Can someone direct me to a good explanation (not marriot's website)

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.