Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Marriott | Marriott Bonvoy
Reload this Page >

Platinum arrival gift [Merged threads]

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Platinum arrival gift [Merged threads]

Search this Thread

Old Sep 29, 2017, 11:17 am

Programs: DL GM 1MM, MR LT Titanium
The only way to find out the breakdown of the "Extra" points is to call Marriott. They can see exactly how it's broken down. I do wish they'd put that on the website.
Old Sep 29, 2017, 12:49 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: UALifetimePremierGold, Marriott LifetimeTitanium
Originally Posted by LoganFlyer
The only way to find out the breakdown of the "Extra" points is to call Marriott. They can see exactly how it's broken down. I do wish they'd put that on the website.
They used to have it on the website, so it was easy to see. It disappeared 2-3 years ago when they 'enhanced' the website. PITA, because now you have to contact them to figure it out.

Cheers.
Old Oct 23, 2017, 10:12 am

Platinum Welcome Gift - No Mention at Check-in

I've just checked in at a Marriott hotel about an hour ago and at check-in there was no mention of me being Platinum.

As I left the reception desk I did say to the lady 'Can I just check that my rewards number is against my booking please?'. She checked and responded, 'yes'.

I assume I am therefore entitled to the $100 equivalent if no gift turns up shortly.

I'm here for a few nights, so should I mention this in the morning or wait until checkout ?

Thanks in advance,
Daniel
Old Oct 23, 2017, 10:30 am
Suspended

Programs: HH-D; MR-P/LTP; SPG-P
Must be claimed before checkout

And there’s an extensive thread on PAG already.

Originally Posted by djblamire
I've just checked in at a Marriott hotel about an hour ago and at check-in there was no mention of me being Platinum.

As I left the reception desk I did say to the lady 'Can I just check that my rewards number is against my booking please?'. She checked and responded, 'yes'.

I assume I am therefore entitled to the $100 equivalent if no gift turns up shortly.

I'm here for a few nights, so should I mention this in the morning or wait until checkout ?

Thanks in advance,
Daniel
Old Oct 23, 2017, 10:34 am

Thank you for letting me know - I'll be sure to mention before check out.

Thanks
Old Oct 24, 2017, 8:04 pm

Programs: AA EXPLT, Marriott Titanium (LT PLT), HHonors Gold, AMEX PLT, UA Silver, National EXC
I'm on a Platinum challenge and need 1 more stay to complete it - currently gold - have 3 stays coming up, 3 nights back to back.

I imagine it will take a 1-3 days for the first stay to post and mark me Platinum.

Will I automatically get the PAG Points posted to my account for stays 2 and 3? I don't expect them to know I am PLT at that point when checking in because my account wouldn't show it, but as the stays post - my new status should be active then? (To be clear I don't plan to ask for no arrival gift compensation - I just want the PAG points and larger bonus points, etc)

I don't think calling MR will do anything to post the status any faster after I check out of the first stay - any thoughts on this? Imagine they'll say they can't do anything until it posts, etc..
Old Oct 24, 2017, 11:18 pm

Programs: DL:MM, Marriott:LTT
Originally Posted by fotoflyer88

Will I automatically get the PAGPoints posted to my account for stays 2 and 3?
If the points are not offered or don't post, just call MR after your profile notes Plat and they'll make the adjustment. These do not post correctly to my account several times a year. It's never been a problem for them to adjust the account when I call.
fotoflyer88 likes this.
Old Oct 25, 2017, 8:36 am

Originally Posted by CJKatl
If the points are not offered or don't post, just call MR after your profile notes Plat and they'll make the adjustment. These do not post correctly to my account several times a year. It's never been a problem for them to adjust the account when I call.
Yes agree. Very easy phone call.

And if they are feeling very generous, they might throw in some extra courtesy points.
fotoflyer88 and CJKatl like this.
Old Nov 3, 2017, 8:44 am

Programs: AA EXPLT, Marriott Titanium (LT PLT), HHonors Gold, AMEX PLT, UA Silver, National EXC
CSR wouldn't credit the 200pts for PAG because technically I wasn't PLT when I had the actual stay - even said I shouldn't have received the 50% bonus that did credit but would let me keep those. (I tried explaining that I had completed the two stays and then the third I would have been platinum but the status hadn't updated yet)

All this because of their shoddy IT delaying the posting the nights to my account, of course.

Whatever. Only 200pts!
Old Nov 13, 2017, 7:10 pm

Programs: UA 1MM; Marriott LT Titanium
Wife was staying at a Marriott Marquis as part of a conference (did not pay for stay). I added my name to the reservation as well as my platinum rewards number. Upon check-in, I was offered the platinum welcome gift and chose points. I was also informed that since the lounge was closed for the weekend, I would receive 1000 points per day. Points never posted, and upon calling Marriott Rewards, I'm told I am not eligible for any points because my wife nor I are paying. Is this correct?
Old Nov 13, 2017, 7:50 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: AS 75K; UA 1MM; Hyatt Globalist; Marriott LTP; Hilton Diamond (Aspire)
Originally Posted by awu25
Points never posted, and upon calling Marriott Rewards, I'm told I am not eligible for any points because my wife nor I are paying. Is this correct?
Correct. Arrival gift is only due on a qualifying stay, and it's not a qualifying stay if a third-party pays.
Old Nov 13, 2017, 8:52 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
IHG Contributor BadgeMarriott Contributor Badge

Programs: Delta - Silver; UA - Silver; HHonors - Diamond; IHG - Spire Ambassador; Marriott Bonvoy - Titanium
Residence Inn recently was given both points and a pantry item.
Old Nov 21, 2017, 6:10 am
Suspended

Programs: Delta Diamond, Marriott Ambassador & Lifetime Titanium, Hertz President's Circle, United Silver
I received $100 cash last week after the Detroit Airport Marriott never offered me a choice of 500 arrival points or a welcome amenity. I also received 5,000 points for the inconvenience.
CJKatl and samosa like this.
Old Nov 21, 2017, 8:17 am

Programs: DL:MM, Marriott:LTT
Originally Posted by fotoflyer88
CSR wouldn't credit the 200pts for PAG because technically I wasn't PLT when I had the actual stay - even said I shouldn't have received the 50% bonus that did credit but would let me keep those. (I tried explaining that I had completed the two stays and then the third I would have been platinum but the status hadn't updated yet)

All this because of their shoddy IT delaying the posting the nights to my account, of course.

Whatever. Only 200pts!
Yes, it's only 200 points, but it works the other way, too. The CSR should credited the measly 200 points without issue. And the CSR is wrong. The rules state you are plat when you hit 75 stays, or, in your case. complete your challenge. The rules say you get the extra points when you are Plat, not when the system finally updates what it shows. IMO, you could call back, but as you state, it's only 200 points.
Old Dec 8, 2017, 6:50 pm

Points as arrival gift

I always tell the front desk I would like the points as the arrival gift, but more often than not the points don't appear in my account. I then call Marriott's central 800 number and they give me the arrival gift points for every stay where I didn't already get them (between 200 and 1000 points depending on brand/ country).
CJKatl likes this.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.