Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Marriott | Marriott Bonvoy
Reload this Page >

St. Regis Bangkok, Thailand [Master Thread]

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Jan 12, 2019, 10:50 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: margarita girl
Hotel email address: [email protected]
Concierge: [email protected]
Print Wikipost

St. Regis Bangkok, Thailand [Master Thread]

Search this Thread

Old Oct 10, 2018, 6:41 am

Originally Posted by EKorSQ
Apologies if this has been asked before... How did you contact the hotel to arrange airport transfers? I can't find a contact e-mail on their website, and am not keen to call them from the other side of the world (well, almost ). Thanks!
For future reference, with most good hotels the confirmation email can simply be replied to for any follow up communications. Otherwise, the confirmation email should certainly contain the email address to which you can forward your confirmation email along with your request. This saves you effort because your stay details are already included in the email.
Old Oct 10, 2018, 8:52 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: AS 75K; UA 1MM; Hyatt Globalist; Marriott LTP; Hilton Diamond (Aspire)
Originally Posted by MikeFromTokyo
Otherwise, the confirmation email should certainly contain the email address to which you can forward your confirmation email along with your request.
Unfortunately, Marriott makes this impossible. Confirmation emails state: "This is a post only e-mail. Please do not reply to this message."

I just checked a number of recent confirms from SPG brand properties (SGS, St. Regis NYC, W Singapore, and Prince de Galles) and none contain a property email address.

Post 8/18, I believe FT has now become the go to resource for emails, since it is affirmative Marriott policy not to provide them.
Old Oct 10, 2018, 9:08 am

Originally Posted by Kacee
Unfortunately, Marriott makes this impossible. Confirmation emails state: "This is a post only e-mail. Please do not reply to this message."

I just checked a number of recent confirms from SPG brand properties (SGS, St. Regis NYC, W Singapore, and Prince de Galles) and none contain a property email address.

Post 8/18, I believe FT has now become the go to resource for emails, since it is affirmative Marriott policy not to provide them.
That’s definitely not acceptable for any hotel at the level of the properties you mention. Hotels should make it easier for guests to contact them without searching around for email addresses.

I recently was not given a GM’s email address despite specifically asking for it. This disappointed me even at a four star Crowne Plaza property.
GalaxyChris likes this.
Old Oct 10, 2018, 9:19 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: AS 75K; UA 1MM; Hyatt Globalist; Marriott LTP; Hilton Diamond (Aspire)
Originally Posted by MikeFromTokyo
That’s definitely not acceptable for any hotel at the level of the properties you mention. Hotels should make it easier for guests to contact them without searching around for email addresses.
I completely agree but it is Marriott policy. https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/marr...addresses.html
MikeFromTokyo likes this.
Old Oct 10, 2018, 9:27 am

I completely agree but it is Marriott policy. https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/marr...addresses.html
I will solve for this by calling and asking for the relevant email address. But it is astounding that even Ritz-Carlton, St. Regis, Luxury Collection, Edition, W, JW Marriott etc.. properties expect their guests to jump through hoops to simply contact them. I can sort of understand it at a limited service property like a Courtyard, but not at something like the $1,000/night St. Regis New York.
EuropeanPete likes this.
Old Oct 10, 2018, 10:48 am

Programs: SQ Krisflyer, QR Privilege Club, MB LT Plt (1K+ nights thx MB)
As a suggestion to the moderators of the Marriott forum is that when the dust settles to create a hotel master list of the MAR hotels with corresponding emails to reservation, concierge and front desk or any other relevant email addresses .
Old Oct 10, 2018, 2:45 pm

Programs: Marriott Lifetime Titanium, Hyatt Globalist
Originally Posted by X-ON
As a suggestion to the moderators of the Marriott forum is that when the dust settles to create a hotel master list of the MAR hotels with corresponding emails to reservation, concierge and front desk or any other relevant email addresses .
Yes, because we have to do what Marriott should be doing in first place...
Old Oct 10, 2018, 3:09 pm

Programs: AA EXP, HH GLD, MR PLT
Originally Posted by kkl
last stay in Jan, off the menu items seem to have dropped in quality.
Originally Posted by Dave510
The F&B isn't as good as it used to be though, especially the breakfast.
Stayed in April. Breakfast was disappointing considering the quality of food at so many other BKK hotels. Food stations seemed chaotic/unorganized. Tried most of the items off the menu - food came out slowly and even cold (had to tell the mgr about that one). Maybe it was just a busy weekend or they were short staffed but I was surprised to experience that at STR in BKK
Old Oct 10, 2018, 5:38 pm

Programs: Ex-Bonvoyed, Hyatt, Hilton, BR, AC, AA
Originally Posted by WantToTravelMore
Stayed in April. Breakfast was disappointing considering the quality of food at so many other BKK hotels. Food stations seemed chaotic/unorganized. Tried most of the items off the menu - food came out slowly and even cold (had to tell the mgr about that one). Maybe it was just a busy weekend or they were short staffed but I was surprised to experience that at STR in BKK
The quality definitely dropped after Oct last year. My guess is partially due to GM change.
Old Oct 10, 2018, 5:43 pm

Breakfast is excellent! Exceptional even. All stations worked superbly and I had tremendous service from everyone in the staff, even allowing me in after 10:30 and still serving anything I wanted.
Old Oct 10, 2018, 5:50 pm
Hyatt 10+ BadgeFour Seasons 5+ Badge

Programs: QF WP (OWE), VA PLAT, EY GLD, SPG PLAT, Hyatt DIA, Hilton DIA, Hertz PC
In the many years I have stayed at this property, breakfast has always been a Zoo. While it may be a StR it is a big corporate hotel with convention guests.
Old Oct 11, 2018, 4:53 am
Hilton 25+ BadgeMarriot 100+ Badge

Programs: Hyatt Glob; Hilton Dia; Marriott AMB; Accor Dia; IHG Dia Amb; GHA Tit
The quality definitely dropped after Oct last year. My guess is partially due to GM change.
Originally Posted by m0hamed
In the many years I have stayed at this property, breakfast has always been a Zoo. While it may be a StR it is a big corporate hotel with convention guests.
Originally Posted by kkl
last stay in Jan, off the menu items seem to have dropped in quality.
Originally Posted by geminidreams
I considered the StR breakfast as ranking behind the SGS, W and Athenee and it tends to be overcrowded and not relaxing.
Originally Posted by l380
Had a stay there in early August shortly before the IT merge.... the breakfast was just alright. I don't think its worth the extra premium paid.
The F&B isn't as good as it used to be though, especially the breakfast.
I have a short stay next month with a couple of free night certificates. Given that I am using free night certs, price will not be an issue and I can just go to whatever hotel I want. Should I reconsider? All these comments are not exactly positive. In addition to disappointing breakfast, sounds like this property is also not the most generous with upgrades and happy hour.

If I am hesitant about using free night certs there, given that it's the most expensive Marriott/Starwood property in Bangkok I don't think I will pay cash to stay there any time soon and would rather save money and stay somewhere else.
Old Oct 11, 2018, 5:20 am
kkl

IMO - hard product is definitely the best in the portfolio. service would be up there too.

I have had stays from 2 nights to 7 nights. shorter the stays, better the upgrades

im not a drinker so happy hour doesnt really affect me, but the 1 free JW gold label (per guest per night) drink goes down well, can use cumulatively.

i had a back to back stay at the Athene in a suite (refurb) but still preferred STR.

Still my goto place in bKK
bhrubin likes this.
Old Oct 12, 2018, 6:02 pm

Originally Posted by escape4
I have a short stay next month with a couple of free night certificates. Given that I am using free night certs, price will not be an issue and I can just go to whatever hotel I want. Should I reconsider? All these comments are not exactly positive. In addition to disappointing breakfast, sounds like this property is also not the most generous with upgrades and happy hour.

If I am hesitant about using free night certs there, given that it's the most expensive Marriott/Starwood property in Bangkok I don't think I will pay cash to stay there any time soon and would rather save money and stay somewhere else.
It will be your loss
Old Oct 22, 2018, 6:00 am

Programs: Amex Plat, Marriott PP, HH G, GC Jade
One is a Toyota van, the other is a car service, likely a Mercedes S Class. So you're not comparing the same product. Booking a similar product with AOT (BMW 7 Series) will cost over 2000 THB.
So, now I have all the prices:
-St. Regis Toyota VAN 2.750 THB ++
-St. Regis Mercedes VAN 4.000 THB ++

I've booked anyway the St. Regis VAN hoping for a better "overall experience" (ex: early check-in, ...).

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.