Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Marriott | Marriott Bonvoy
Reload this Page >

Marriott hotels email addresses (Discussion Thread)

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Aug 26, 2019, 7:23 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: Zorak
NOTE: no longer working (as reported Jan 2022 in post 195)

(Adapted from post # 165 from Fizzer)

1. Find the hotel's MARSHA code:

Go to or Google the hotel's web site, e.g. for the Clearwater Beach Marriott Suites on Sand Key: https://www.marriott.com/hotels/trav...s-on-sand-key/

The MARSHA code in this case is the 5-letter string in the URL before the property name: tpams

(FT shortens links for display; click on the link to see the full link in your browser's URL field)

2. Click on the following link, then change the MARSHA code for the property you want in place of tpams:

(or right click -> Copy Link -> Paste and substitute the code before pressing Enter)

https://www.marriott.com/hotels/hote...rshaCode=tpams

3. Open the "Essentials" tab to find concierge and property email address.
Print Wikipost

Marriott hotels email addresses (Discussion Thread)

Search this Thread

Old Sep 24, 2018, 11:59 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Programs: UA 1K, AC MM E75, Marriott LT Ti, IHG Dia Amb, Hyatt Glob
Thumbs down Marriott hotels email addresses (Discussion Thread)

Starwood openly shared email addresses to contact their hotels. Marriott is trying to put us back in the dark ages by giving us phone and fax numbers. Yes folks, FAX NUMBERS!

This caused me some consternation as I have a stay coming up at the Gritti Palace in 3 days and the hotel had not contacted me for the usual pre-arrival email. (I assume that is due to integration issues, or maybe I've been downgraded to silver. ) It took me 2 days, but I did find the email address.

Can I suggest that we start collecting email addresses of the hotels and posting them in a wiki in the Master thread for each hotel? If you aren't comfortable posting in a wiki (or are not allowed to), feel free to post here, and hopefully someone will add to the proper thread.

For those not familiar with creating a wiki, just click on THREAD TOOLS and CREATE A WIKIPOST.

I will start by adding the Gritti email to the hotel master thread.

Last edited by margarita girl; Sep 24, 2018 at 12:04 pm
Old Sep 24, 2018, 12:46 pm
soy

Programs: various
Indeed, this has been a longstanding gripe at Marriott.
Have they actively started removing email details from SPG hotels also?
Old Sep 24, 2018, 12:58 pm

Programs: AS MVP/AC75K/AM Gold/UA*S/SPG-Marriott Lifetime Titanium/Accor-FPC Gold/HHDiamond/Hyatt Exp
Marriott is far from an industry leader in anything.

Of course, one can always hunt on TripAdvisor for the contact emails, which is a very efficient use of ones time.
remymartin likes this.
Old Sep 24, 2018, 1:02 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by PointWeasel

Of course, one can always hunt on TripAdvisor for the contact emails, which is a very efficient use of ones time.
I assume your comment of "efficient us of one's time" is a sarcasm.

That is what I have to do but the problem is, not every property would post the email contact info even in its feedback to some very problematic stays. Some just leave the phone numbers to ask the poster to call, though some would tell the poster to please contact xxxx at xxxxxx email address.

It is a very time consuming method with lots of hit and miss.
Old Sep 24, 2018, 1:06 pm

Programs: Bonvoy :Ambassador , ALL :Diamond, Skywards :Silver, Krisflyer :Silver
Maybe Marriott fear that their hotels mailbox will be full as well ... just like their own Customer Service email
Old Sep 24, 2018, 1:12 pm
Suspended
Marriott 25+ BadgeAman Contributor Badge

Programs: Marriott Ambassador and LTT, UA Plat/LT Gold, AA Gold
^^^

Completely agree. It's ridiculous that Marriott doesn't have general reservations, info, concierge, and other email addresses listed for each property as appropriate.

FWIW, I mentioned this failing to my Ambassador today and asked her to notify her Marriott superiors of this glaring miss on the property websites.
barracuda93 and kaizen7 like this.

Last edited by bhrubin; Sep 24, 2018 at 5:05 pm
Old Sep 24, 2018, 1:12 pm

Programs: Marriott Ambassador; AA EXP 3MM; AS MVP, Hilton Gold, CH-47/UH-60/C-23/C-130 VET
It would be nice if there was an effective way of keeping track of which properties follow the rules and which ones don't
hockeyinsider likes this.
Old Sep 24, 2018, 1:52 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Programs: UA 1K, AC MM E75, Marriott LT Ti, IHG Dia Amb, Hyatt Glob
Originally Posted by soy
Yes. The website for the Gritti now only lists phone and fax. Very progressive of Marriott.
xzh445 likes this.
Old Sep 24, 2018, 2:02 pm

Very frustrating indeed .Especially when dealing with international properties. Email is extremely efficient for arranging transportation, spa appointments , sightseeing booking , restaurant reservations , and special needs. It’s as if they don’t want us to bother the properties and actually arrange to spend money at the hotel .
Old Sep 24, 2018, 4:50 pm

Programs: SkyPesos -> MVP Gold 100K
Originally Posted by PointWeasel

Ding ding ding. Sadly, one has to hunt on TripAdvisor for the emails. I don't remember if the folios use to show emails, but the recent ones I've gotten certainly do not. Of course, the sender email address for the folio is not monitored. Ultimately ended up going on TripAdvisor.

I remember they use to list them on the SPG site, but all gone now.
Old Sep 24, 2018, 4:58 pm
Used to be 'flymanbeast'

Programs: Delta silver/marriot platinum
This was really annoying I had to have my credit card concierge call and ask for the email
Old Sep 24, 2018, 6:06 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: AS 75K; UA 1MM; Hyatt Globalist; Marriott LTP; Hilton Diamond (Aspire)
Originally Posted by soy
lol Marriott scrubbed them all on day 1 of the integration.
Old Sep 24, 2018, 6:19 pm
Suspended
Aman Contributor BadgeMarriott 25+ Badge

Programs: Marriott Ambassador and LTT, UA Plat/LT Gold, AA Gold
I’ve been pretty impressed with how Marriott has handled the side-by-side loyalty programs as well as the new loyalty program.

I’ve been very disappointed with how Marriott IT has bungled the systems merger. But system IT merges can be tricky, so I can cut them a little slack.

I’m pretty shocked that Marriott was so stupid as to remove or just lack email contact info for every property website. Marriott is showing pitiful customer service chops here. Marriott also is showing how ridiculously backward its senior management team obviously can be. Talk about tone deaf and needless frustration. This isn’t 2001. This is 2018. E-mail ahould be an easily and obviously accessed means of communication with hotel teams.

My Ambassador can get me an email address I need, of course. But it’s pretty stupid that I’d need to bother my Ambassador for every hotel request I want to make via email.

MARRIOTT: get your act together and add email contact info for every property. Otherwise, I suggest we start piling on.

Old Sep 24, 2018, 6:25 pm

The chat feature on the app is really useful and seems to work just fine. You can use it to reach a property two days out from your arrival.
Old Sep 24, 2018, 6:55 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AC SE 2MM; UA MP Premier Silver; Marriott Bonvoy LT Titanium Elite; Radisson; Avis PC
I didn't realize this was something Marriott didn't do (give out property emails).

I always received emails of the property and staff at any Starwood property when requested. And no questions asked when I asked.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.