Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Marriott | Marriott Bonvoy
Reload this Page >

Element Times Square West, New York City [Master Thread]

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Element Times Square West, New York City [Master Thread]

Search this Thread

Old Feb 27, 2011, 10:48 am
GB

Programs: AA EXP, SPG PLT, Hyatt DIA, Hilton GLD
Originally Posted by Kiltboys
Most of the prior reviews of this place were horrible.

You read them, and stayed there anyway.

It was horrible.

I'm not sure what your point is?

As I said in December, avoid this place like the proverbial plague.
Thank you for your astute analysis of my post. I had actually bought two nights at $159 per night back in November and my stay was last week. But thanks again for your constructive post.
Old Feb 27, 2011, 6:47 pm

Location: Washington D.C. via Sao Paulo via Houston via Washington D.C. via Boston via New York
We just stayed there...booked 3 rooms last night 1 at cash and points and 2 at a refundable rate, rooms were good for NYC, location wasn't that good, but it didn't really matter. The internet was hit or miss, we had a room right across from the elevator, and I didn't hear the noise. We were also in the city for my bachelor party, so the hotel wasn't really a big thing, but for the price, it was a nice hotel
Old Mar 1, 2011, 6:30 pm

Programs: AA Plat, DL Gold, UAL Premier, SPG Plat, HH Gold
Stayed here for two nights two weeks ago
Pros:
- cheap rate
- relatively new hotel so not beat up
- I was given a room on the 28th floor that overlooked the Port Authority (which is only 3 stories tall), so pretty good view
- lots of restaurants on 9th Ave
Cons:
- long waits for elevators
- the first day the lobby breakfast was a zoo (it was the week of Toy Fair so I think the hotel was full)
- no outlet at the desk. It really amazes me when hotels haven't yet figured out this basic amenity
- far away from just about everything other than restaurants

Also there is a room (prbably mentioned in previous posts) in between the two elevators - I'd have to imagine it's pretty noisy
Old Mar 9, 2011, 12:49 pm

Programs: UA 1K, AA EXP, WN A+, Marriott LT
Originally Posted by TimMeineke
- no outlet at the desk. It really amazes me when hotels haven't yet figured out this basic amenity
^
Old Mar 9, 2011, 4:03 pm

Programs: B6 Mosaic, Bonvoy LT Titanium (x SPG LT), IHG Spire, UA Silver
Anybody having problems getting nights/stays posted from this property? We had several employees stay there last week. All the points posted fine but no nights/stay credit was posted. Never saw that happen before.
Old Mar 9, 2011, 4:17 pm
Company Representative - Starwood

Programs: Marriott Employee Level
Originally Posted by sfozrhfco
Anybody having problems getting nights/stays posted from this property? We had several employees stay there last week. All the points posted fine but no nights/stay credit was posted. Never saw that happen before.
It sounds as if the property did not credit the nightly room rental revenue for some reason. Sending a copy of the folio to [email protected] would be the best (easiest) way to follow up.

Best regards,

William R. Sanders
Online Guest Feedback Coordinator
Starwood Hotels & Resorts Worldwide

[email protected]
Old Mar 9, 2011, 9:13 pm

Programs: B6 Mosaic, Bonvoy LT Titanium (x SPG LT), IHG Spire, UA Silver
Thanks William.
Old Mar 12, 2011, 4:47 pm

Location: Washington D.C. via Sao Paulo via Houston via Washington D.C. via Boston via New York
...after the stay we're having a bit of an issue, we booked three rooms, one was CP and the other two were pre-paid. My brother-in-law checked in first, and he checked into all three rooms we had. Then the Mrs. came down and switched the cards so her SPG Amex would get charged the room rate for the nights. As it turns out, they were both charged for the CP night, and the Mrs. was charged correctly for the other two nights. Reviewing the points, the points for the CP reservation was only taken out once I contacted the Plat. desk, who referred me to the hotel "accounting" department, they never called back. I called the Plat. desk again, they gave me another phone number to contact, they also contacted the hotel directly, and we still haven't had this issue resolved...this was all done last week early, gave them the benefit to resolve it...I would be more upset if the money was more than what it is. But still, I don't know what to do at this point.
Old Mar 12, 2011, 5:05 pm

Programs: spg gold, CO Platinum, MR Gold
Originally Posted by macdonaldj2
...after the stay we're having a bit of an issue, we booked three rooms, one was CP and the other two were pre-paid. My brother-in-law checked in first, and he checked into all three rooms we had. Then the Mrs. came down and switched the cards so her SPG Amex would get charged the room rate for the nights. As it turns out, they were both charged for the CP night, and the Mrs. was charged correctly for the other two nights. Reviewing the points, the points for the CP reservation was only taken out once I contacted the Plat. desk, who referred me to the hotel "accounting" department, they never called back. I called the Plat. desk again, they gave me another phone number to contact, they also contacted the hotel directly, and we still haven't had this issue resolved...this was all done last week early, gave them the benefit to resolve it...I would be more upset if the money was more than what it is. But still, I don't know what to do at this point.
I'm not sure I follow. Are you saying that the Mrs. CC was charged for the cash portion on the CP room along with the brother in law's cc? As for the points being taken out once, I don't understand. In any event, if you need to escalate the issue, you can always contact corporate customer service and open up a complaint.
Old Mar 12, 2011, 5:40 pm

Originally Posted by justspg
I'm not sure I follow. Are you saying that the Mrs. CC was charged for the cash portion on the CP room along with the brother in law's cc? As for the points being taken out once, I don't understand. In any event, if you need to escalate the issue, you can always contact corporate customer service and open up a complaint.
Wife and Brothers CC were charged for the CP stay, and the points were taken out once, I did open up a compliant with SPG last week...
Old Mar 12, 2011, 6:15 pm

macdonaldj2,

Contact CCS, contact info in this thread - http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/starw...-entities.html

If you got double charged for something, you might also consider contacting your credit card companies and disputing one or both of the charges and let the credit card companies sort it out with the hotel. If you dispute both, I would tell them that too.

-David
Old Mar 16, 2011, 9:55 pm

Good stay

So I was on business in NYC this week and had my trip extended one evening. Was staying at Sheraton NY Towers, but they were full and refused to grant me one additional night even though I've stayed there 7 weeks straight and dropped more than $12k with them.

Anyway, called around and found this was the only SPG property with an available room on my company's approved list. So far, I've been extremely pleased.

Pros:

1. Friendly staff, great attitudes
2. Great view
3. New, nice, clean aesthetic room (as long as you like a modern, lofty feel)
4. Free breakfast; free early evening happy hour
5. Free wifi
6. Comfy bed
7. Nice, pay snack options in lieu of a restaurant (granted I dropped my corporate card and have no idea if its wildly overpriced. Thanks company X)

Cons:
1. No man's land location; likely not a good location later in the evening for single women

Definitely would prefer this property over a tired and generally sour Sheraton experience. Although the midtown location for Sheraton is much more favorable for my business travels, I'll take the short cab ride any day for this place over the Sheraton.

Purely as an aside, the tree-hugger in me really thought the half/full flush option on the toliet was a brilliant idea (not to get TMI on you guys).

Last edited by peteke; Mar 16, 2011 at 10:16 pm
Old Mar 17, 2011, 7:27 am
Original Poster

Programs: UA Plat MM, AA Gold, Hyatt Explorist, Hilton Gold, IHG Plat, Marriott Titanium Elite
Originally Posted by peteke
So I was on business in NYC this week and had my trip extended one evening. Was staying at Sheraton NY Towers, but they were full and refused to grant me one additional night even though I've stayed there 7 weeks straight and dropped more than $12k with them.

Anyway, called around and found this was the only SPG property with an available room on my company's approved list. So far, I've been extremely pleased.

Pros:

1. Friendly staff, great attitudes
2. Great view
3. New, nice, clean aesthetic room (as long as you like a modern, lofty feel)
4. Free breakfast; free early evening happy hour
5. Free wifi
6. Comfy bed
7. Nice, pay snack options in lieu of a restaurant (granted I dropped my corporate card and have no idea if its wildly overpriced. Thanks company X)

Cons:
1. No man's land location; likely not a good location later in the evening for single women

Definitely would prefer this property over a tired and generally sour Sheraton experience. Although the midtown location for Sheraton is much more favorable for my business travels, I'll take the short cab ride any day for this place over the Sheraton.

Purely as an aside, the tree-hugger in me really thought the half/full flush option on the toliet was a brilliant idea (not to get TMI on you guys).
Agree with you on the pros (except the snack options ARE wildly overpriced - you should have walked a block or so to the Duane Reade at 40th & 8th Avenue to buy your food).

Totally disagree with you on the con; NYC is the safest large city in the US and the area around the Element is exceedingly safe day & night. I have had three multi-night stays there (most recent was 3/11-14) and have walked around the area several times between 1:00 am and 4:00 am. No issues whatsoever. In addition, the area is very busy around the clock with a popular night club (Escuelita) open til 4 am just a few yards away - hardly what I would call "no man's land."
Old Mar 17, 2011, 7:37 am

Programs: Marriott AMB, Skywards Gold
Originally Posted by peteke
I understand your frustrated, but they might be actually full, Would you like it if someone took a room that you booked?
Old Mar 21, 2011, 8:33 am

We still haven't been refunded, we've called the 800 number, and they say they will call back, we've called the hotel directly, and no one is in their "accounting" department, and messages are not returned. I don't know what to do at this point.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.