Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Marriott | Marriott Bonvoy
Reload this Page >

Element Times Square West, New York City [Master Thread]

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Element Times Square West, New York City [Master Thread]

Search this Thread

Old Feb 7, 2011, 9:52 pm

Programs: Marriott AMB, Skywards Gold
Originally Posted by MacnCheez
Can someone help decipher the room descriptions? What is the difference between these four options?

(1) STANDARD NON-SMOKING , HEAVENLY BED, RAIN FOREST SHOWER HEAD , FULL KITCHEN , CANNOT ADD EXTRA BED
(2) STANDARD VIEW , HEAVENLY BED, RAIN FOREST SHOWER HEAD , FULL KITCHEN , CANNOT ADD EXTRA BED
(3) STUDIO NON-SMOKING , HEAVENLY BED, RAIN FOREST SHOWER HEAD , FULL KITCHEN , CANNOT ADD EXTRA BED
(4) HEAVENLY BED, RAIN FOREST SHOWER HEAD , FULL KITCHEN , CANNOT ADD EXTRA BED

All the rooms in the hotel are non-smoking.... so what's the difference between each? If you know, please include the room sizes and any other amenity difference.
It seems that no. 1 and 2 are the same exept that the 2nd has a view, here's the description from their website.

(No.1) 303 Sq Ft Of Moder, Flowing Space W/full Kitchenette, Entertainment Center W 32 Inch Flat Panel Tv

(No.2) 303 Qt Ft Of Modern, Flowing Space W Full Kitchenette, Entertainment Cntr W 32 Inch Flat Panel Tv. Room Has A View.

Same thing goes for 3 and 4, both are studios with one having a view and the other not having one.

(No.3) 385 Sq Ft Of Modern, Flowing Space W/full Kitchenette, Entertainment Center W 32 Inch Flat Panel Tv

(No.4) 385 Sq Ft Of Modern, Flowing Space W Full Kitchenette, Entertainment Cntr W 32 Inc Flat Panel Tv. Room Has A View.
Old Feb 8, 2011, 4:38 pm

Originally Posted by LovetoTravel83
It seems that no. 1 and 2 are the same exept that the 2nd has a view, here's the description from their website.

(No.1) 303 Sq Ft Of Moder, Flowing Space W/full Kitchenette, Entertainment Center W 32 Inch Flat Panel Tv

(No.2) 303 Qt Ft Of Modern, Flowing Space W Full Kitchenette, Entertainment Cntr W 32 Inch Flat Panel Tv. Room Has A View.

Same thing goes for 3 and 4, both are studios with one having a view and the other not having one.

(No.3) 385 Sq Ft Of Modern, Flowing Space W/full Kitchenette, Entertainment Center W 32 Inch Flat Panel Tv

(No.4) 385 Sq Ft Of Modern, Flowing Space W Full Kitchenette, Entertainment Cntr W 32 Inc Flat Panel Tv. Room Has A View.

Thanks! I couldn't find the descriptions on the site.
Old Feb 11, 2011, 9:37 pm

Programs: Marriott Platinum, United Gold, Virgin Silver
did a stay this week

$119 a night. I liked the room and slept like a baby. Clean, decent view of times square, a little too close to the elevator.

Didn't eat the free breakfast, was basically in and out. I'd stay here again.
Old Feb 12, 2011, 4:54 am

Programs: BA Gold, Amex Platinum, BA Amex PP, SPG Gold
So what do you think here guys, $166 for a studio at the Element or 306 at the W times square.

I've been at the W before and the room was kinda small. (was gold back then).

166 looks pretty low for a studio, anybody been in a studio and how was it?
Where are you seeing the $166 rate for a studio and what dates?

I'm looking to book 13 nights from 7th March
Old Feb 12, 2011, 7:02 am

Programs: BA Gold, Amex Platinum, BA Amex PP, SPG Gold
I'm an SPG gold and wanted to confirm that I would earn 3 points per $

Will I also be eligible for the Great Weeks promo? 6 per $ + 500 a night at weekends?

Thanks in advance
Old Feb 12, 2011, 7:11 am

Programs: spg gold, CO Platinum, MR Gold
Originally Posted by chrishow
I'm an SPG gold and wanted to confirm that I would earn 3 points per $

Will I also be eligible for the Great Weeks promo? 6 per $ + 500 a night at weekends?

Thanks in advance
This has already been asked and answered (several times as kennected would say ) but the answer is yes to both..however for the promo you need to register for it.
Old Feb 12, 2011, 11:07 am

Originally Posted by chrishow
Where are you seeing the $166 rate for a studio and what dates?

I'm looking to book 13 nights from 7th March
I booked it using the z6h code, it was $996 in total for 6 nights but I just tried it now and the code is invalid, it was working a week ago. Good thing I booked it.
Old Feb 14, 2011, 2:41 pm

Programs: Marriott Titanium & Lifetime Platinum, United Platinum, Delta Silver
Good stay, nice hotel with a few issues

I enjoyed my stay at this hotel. The room was fairly large for NY and very functional, with a two-burner stove, dishwasher, refrigerator, and full supply of plates, silverware, and pots/pans. The room was clean. Many of the earlier problems identified earlier in this thread seemed to be fixed. The staff was friendly. The room had an excellent view up 8th Ave and I checked out the roofdeck, thanks to the tips in this thread. Breakfast was crowded, but pretty good, with a wide variety of choices and plenty of seating in the back. I would stay here again, especially for a leisure stay.

A few service/physical plant issues:

1. There was no power outlet near the bed, meaning you could not use laptop in bed (once it ran out of battery)
2. Noise from elevator was very loud inside room
3. There was no bar soap at bathroom sink. I called to request some; it never arrived
4. We requested a 4 pm late check-out; yet housekeeping came by at 1 pm and at 2 pm
5. We asked for a copy of our bill when we checked out and front desk said we could not get one because their printer was out of toner
6. It took at least 10 mins to get an elevator on Sunday morning
Old Feb 14, 2011, 4:32 pm

Programs: spg gold, CO Platinum, MR Gold
Originally Posted by DCFlyer0306
I enjoyed my stay at this hotel. The room was fairly large for NY and very functional, with a two-burner stove, dishwasher, refrigerator, and full supply of plates, silverware, and pots/pans. The room was clean. Many of the earlier problems identified earlier in this thread seemed to be fixed. The staff was friendly. The room had an excellent view up 8th Ave and I checked out the roofdeck, thanks to the tips in this thread. Breakfast was crowded, but pretty good, with a wide variety of choices and plenty of seating in the back. I would stay here again, especially for a leisure stay.

A few service/physical plant issues:

1. There was no power outlet near the bed, meaning you could not use laptop in bed (once it ran out of battery)
2. Noise from elevator was very loud inside room
3. There was no bar soap at bathroom sink. I called to request some; it never arrived
4. We requested a 4 pm late check-out; yet housekeeping came by at 1 pm and at 2 pm
5. We asked for a copy of our bill when we checked out and front desk said we could not get one because their printer was out of toner
6. It took at least 10 mins to get an elevator on Sunday morning
did they ask for your email? Im sure they could have emailed the folio to you
Old Feb 16, 2011, 5:14 am

Programs: Free agent, UA 1K, Bonvoy Gold
Alright, I just booked 4 nights using Z4H for a studio this upcoming weekend, fingers crossed that they've worked out the kinks. This is my first year as Gold...what kind of an upgrade can I expect?
Old Feb 16, 2011, 5:31 am

Programs: A few
Originally Posted by bioyuki
Alright, I just booked 4 nights using Z4H for a studio this upcoming weekend, fingers crossed that they've worked out the kinks. This is my first year as Gold...what kind of an upgrade can I expect?
I've stayed here four times now as a platinum and never had a single upgrade, so I think you can expect nothing
Old Feb 16, 2011, 5:35 am

Originally Posted by bioyuki
Element Hotels don't give upgrades to plats or golds.

This is Starwood's policy regarding upgrades for plats:

Subject to availability at check-in for the length of the stay, provided the room was not booked through a pre-paid third-party channel. Specialty Suites such as, but not limited to, premium view, Presidential, Honeymoon, and multiple bedroom suites are excluded. This benefit does not apply to all-suite hotels. Best rooms are identified by each property and may not include upgraded Towers level accommodations unless Towers level accommodations are booked originally. The upgrade benefit is available for one room for the personal use of the Member only, regardless of the number of additional rooms purchased by the Member. This benefit is not offered at Aloft and Element properties.
Old Feb 22, 2011, 6:42 am
GB

Programs: AA EXP, SPG PLT, Hyatt DIA, Hilton GLD
Just stayed here. A real disappointment. Most of the prior reviews were correct. Upon arrival, a very loud crowd in the lobby with a trainee working the front desk. Room is OK, but the floor is dirty and the internet keeps on crashing every hour or so and requesting re-registration.
Went down to look at the breakfast and it was a free for all. I walked to Starbucks. The lobby is consistently overly crowded, loud and disorganized.
I frequently stay at the 4 points Times Square which is smaller, signficantly quieter and has a much better vibe. This is like a "fake W" hotel with none of the advantages.
This will be my first and last visit here.
Old Feb 26, 2011, 5:25 pm

Programs: LH Miles&More Senator, KLM Flying Blue Platinum, BAEC Bronze
Originally Posted by GB
Just stayed here. A real disappointment. Most of the prior reviews were correct. Upon arrival, a very loud crowd in the lobby with a trainee working the front desk. Room is OK, but the floor is dirty and the internet keeps on crashing every hour or so and requesting re-registration.
Went down to look at the breakfast and it was a free for all. I walked to Starbucks. The lobby is consistently overly crowded, loud and disorganized.
I frequently stay at the 4 points Times Square which is smaller, signficantly quieter and has a much better vibe. This is like a "fake W" hotel with none of the advantages.
This will be my first and last visit here.
Most of the prior reviews of this place were horrible.

You read them, and stayed there anyway.

It was horrible.

I'm not sure what your point is?

As I said in December, avoid this place like the proverbial plague.
Old Feb 26, 2011, 10:34 pm

Element Hotels don't give upgrades to plats or golds.

This is Starwood's policy regarding upgrades for plats:

Subject to availability at check-in for the length of the stay, provided the room was not booked through a pre-paid third-party channel. Specialty Suites such as, but not limited to, premium view, Presidential, Honeymoon, and multiple bedroom suites are excluded. This benefit does not apply to all-suite hotels. Best rooms are identified by each property and may not include upgraded Towers level accommodations unless Towers level accommodations are booked originally. The upgrade benefit is available for one room for the personal use of the Member only, regardless of the number of additional rooms purchased by the Member. This benefit is not offered at Aloft and Element properties.
They don't have to, but if their suites are open you can always ask. I've been upgraded at Elements after asking if any suites were available.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.