Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Marriott | Marriott Bonvoy
Reload this Page >

Element Times Square West, New York City [Master Thread]

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Element Times Square West, New York City [Master Thread]

Search this Thread

Old Dec 7, 2010, 12:25 pm

Programs: Bonvoy Lifetime Plat (earned as Starwood), Canadian Amex Plat & resulting statuses, WestJet Silver
Originally Posted by bubb1
Agreed, and if a service is offered it should uphold some basic standards, e.g. keeping bums out of the breakfast! Your review is pretty horrifying and I appreciate you trying to get Starwood on the case.

However, for those reading this thread that just want a decent room in midtown (to sleep in), will ignore all the amenities offered, and can stand a 10-15 minute delay for elevators during a few peak periods, this place can be a good fit (for the right price).
Thanks, bubb.

Speaking of the price, they were running at Best Available Rate of around $330 this weekend (which I admit is relatively cheap compared to the Parker, which was $900!). New York was a zoo last weekend. It was wall-to-wall people within a one block radius of Rockefeller Plaza.
Old Dec 7, 2010, 12:27 pm
Suspended

Programs: Delta - Gold; Starwood - Platinum; HHonors - Diamond & Avis Preferred
Originally Posted by tjk1976
If it's "still under construction" then why is it open to the public? Revenue at the expense of the customer experience?

Filth is filth. For me, "leaking toilets" are not a prerequisite to use of the word. The Element is a filthy property. The devil's in the details. A good portion of the issues could easily be addressed by training staff to take ownership and pick up trash, grab a rag and wipe off the fingerprints in the elevators, clean the bathrooms regularly through the day, and so on. This is mostly "dumb dumb" stuff that is a consequence of weak or overwhelmed management.
Ask the management! How many times have we had soft openings and people complain? I can think of several.

I personally wouldn't have stayed there. I bet you'll use this as a lesson learned, wont you?!

Old Dec 7, 2010, 12:56 pm

Programs: Bonvoy Lifetime Plat (earned as Starwood), Canadian Amex Plat & resulting statuses, WestJet Silver
Originally Posted by Cheap Elite
I personally wouldn't have stayed there. I bet you'll use this as a lesson learned, wont you?!
Agreed. Sad but true.
Old Dec 7, 2010, 1:01 pm
Suspended

Agreed. Sad but true.
LMAO! In the future wait for me to review a property before you stay there!

Old Dec 7, 2010, 1:21 pm

LMAO! In the future wait for me to review a property before you stay there!

It's a shame that it comes to that, isn't it? Shouldn't the presence of any Starwood branding be enough to guarantee certain minimum standards?
Old Dec 7, 2010, 1:52 pm
Suspended

It's a shame that it comes to that, isn't it? Shouldn't the presence of any Starwood branding be enough to guarantee certain minimum standards?

No. It must pass my and BW's white glove test! LOL
Old Dec 7, 2010, 3:17 pm

Programs: UA 1.5K MM/SPG Plat/Various Random Golds lol
I'm staying here right now actually. I don't think its as bad in my experience so far as some posts indicate. It is Element "spartan" but my room is clean, and it seems quite a few people are around cleaning all the time. I think really they just opened about 2 weeks too early. It's like they are finishing up the setup/final clean through jobs as people are staying here. Staff friendly and apologetic. Yes, needs to improve. complete disaster? nah. I also got a preopen/early soft rate of $169 a night. Pretty tough to beat even if they are still steam cleaning some carpets etc.
Old Dec 7, 2010, 4:06 pm

A few photos are here.
Old Dec 7, 2010, 4:42 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Wouldn't you like to know?!
No. It must pass my and BW's white glove test! LOL
I havn't done one of those in a while...
Old Dec 7, 2010, 4:50 pm
Suspended

Question

A few photos are here.

Please tell me that is not what you were claiming was so filthy?!
Old Dec 7, 2010, 4:51 pm

Please tell me that is not what you were claiming was so filthy?!
Are you kidding? Read my original post.
Old Dec 7, 2010, 5:01 pm
Suspended

Are you kidding? Read my original post.
Fingerprints in an elevator is normal.

We'll have to agree to disagree, but based on those pictures, I feel like you were being over dramatic.

The coffee on the steps I would say is gross and unsafe, but the rest of the items show are not "major" issues.

And what was up with the picture of the lady sitting there? Or is that the homeless person you referred to.
Old Dec 7, 2010, 5:16 pm

Fingerprints in an elevator is normal.

We'll have to agree to disagree, but based on those pictures, I feel like you were being over dramatic.

The coffee on the steps I would say is gross and unsafe, but the rest of the items show are not "major" issues.

And what was up with the picture of the lady sitting there? Or is that the homeless person you referred to.
Ok, CheapElite, I agree to agree to disagree and, since you weren't there and numerous other people echoed my comments, I'm pretty comfortable in the knowledge that I'm not completely nuts. And we're not just talking about a couple of fingerprints, we're talking about FILTHY elevators, urine on floors, garbage in the lobby and in hallways, homeless people devouring the buffet, and so on.

Also, for what it's worth, a business colleague, who is also SPG Plat felt the same way and also chose not to spend even the first night there. Anyway, I've said my 2 cents and more so I’ll shut up.
Old Dec 7, 2010, 5:40 pm

Programs: Via Preference Privilege, AC*A, Fairmont Plat, SPG Gold
Thanks, bubb.

Speaking of the price, they were running at Best Available Rate of around $330 this weekend (which I admit is relatively cheap compared to the Parker, which was $900!). New York was a zoo last weekend. It was wall-to-wall people within a one block radius of Rockefeller Plaza.
The property is a cat 4, making it a good deal for C+P. Booked a Saturday in October with C+P, I figure the issues should be worked out by than. Would certainly struggle to find anything better for the price, even on Priceline or Hotwire.
Old Dec 7, 2010, 6:02 pm
Suspended

Ok, CheapElite, I agree to agree to disagree and, since you weren't there and numerous other people echoed my comments, I'm pretty comfortable in the knowledge that I'm not completely nuts. And we're not just talking about a couple of fingerprints, we're talking about FILTHY elevators, urine on floors, garbage in the lobby and in hallways, homeless people devouring the buffet, and so on.

Also, for what it's worth, a business colleague, who is also SPG Plat felt the same way and also chose not to spend even the first night there. Anyway, I've said my 2 cents and more so I’ll shut up.

Homeless people devouring the buffet?? Why didn't you take a picture of that? When I do a review I get actual pictures of the issue. All I see is normal wear and tear.

Again, I bet you'll think twice before checking into a new constructed hotel!

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.