Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Marriott | Marriott Bonvoy
Reload this Page >

Four Points Sukhumvit 15 Bangkok, Thailand [Master Thread]

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Jan 12, 2019, 12:35 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: margarita girl
Hotel email address: [email protected]
Print Wikipost

Four Points Sukhumvit 15 Bangkok, Thailand [Master Thread]

Search this Thread

Old Dec 17, 2010, 8:03 pm
formerly known as 2lovelife

Location: ORF : UA_Premier_Gold4Life, Bonvoy_titanium, Accor_Plat
Good to see that the suites are opening up as planned. I've seen the junior suites, executive suites, terrace suites, and presidential (home suite home) suite. They are all awesome.

I've also seen at least three sizes of their standard rooms, and although basic, they are all quite fine. Even the super small room was cozy enough, although I agree that Platinum guests should not be assigned that category room, as per SPG standards.
Old Dec 18, 2010, 1:04 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Bonvoy Lifetime Titanium, IHG Plat, HH Gold, Trident Plat, DL Diamond, AI Maharajah
Originally Posted by VWE
i was there next week
are we time traveling now????
Old Dec 18, 2010, 1:05 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Bonvoy Lifetime Titanium, IHG Plat, HH Gold, Trident Plat, DL Diamond, AI Maharajah
Originally Posted by seanthepilot
Good to see that the suites are opening up as planned. I've seen the junior suites, executive suites, terrace suites, and presidential (home suite home) suite. They are all awesome.

I've also seen at least three sizes of their standard rooms, and although basic, they are all quite fine. Even the super small room was cozy enough, although I agree that Platinum guests should not be assigned that category room, as per SPG standards.
hey sean, do you have pictures of the suites????
Old Dec 19, 2010, 6:11 pm

Programs: AA Platinum, PC Plat, Hertz 5*
Should I get the 4 feel good reasons deal for a stay of 3 nights ?

Regular rate for 1 king, 2 people = 6,708.90 total
4 Feel Good Reasons. Incl Breakfast for 2, 4 Best Brews per stay, double SPG pointsand 4pm checkout subj to avail.. = 8,827.50 total

Do you think the roughly 2000 B price is worth it ? Roughly USD $66 doesn't look too bad ?

Thanks!
Old Dec 19, 2010, 11:11 pm
Moderator, El Al and Marriott Bonvoy, FlyerTalk Evangelist
Hyatt Contributor BadgeMarriott Contributor Badge

Programs: SQ*G, Mar LTT, Hyatt Glb, AA LTG, LY, HH, IC, BA, DL, UA SLV
Originally Posted by aterug
Regular rate for 1 king, 2 people = 6,708.90 total
4 Feel Good Reasons. Incl Breakfast for 2, 4 Best Brews per stay, double SPG pointsand 4pm checkout subj to avail.. = 8,827.50 total

Do you think the roughly 2000 B price is worth it ? Roughly USD $66 doesn't look too bad ?

Thanks!
The breakfast saves you 3600 roughly. Beers another 400? Add double Starponts. Seems a good deal.
Old Dec 20, 2010, 4:30 am
Suspended

Originally Posted by yosithezet
The breakfast saves you 3600 roughly.
Would you actually spend BHT3,600 for breakfast in the same venue over 3 consecutive days in Bangkok ?
Old Dec 20, 2010, 4:34 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by mario33
Would you actually spend BHT3,600 for breakfast in the same venue over 3 consecutive days in Bangkok ?
some people would....i have a senior partner at my firm who doesn't have time to eat anywhere else when he is traveling....last time i was in bangkok with him we were staying at the westin for 3 days....he pretty much never left the hotel other than the time we went out for our meetings....he had breakfast & dinner at the hotel 3 days in a row....
Old Dec 20, 2010, 10:26 am

Originally Posted by saad
some people would....i have a senior partner at my firm who doesn't have time to eat anywhere else when he is traveling....last time i was in bangkok with him we were staying at the westin for 3 days....he pretty much never left the hotel other than the time we went out for our meetings....he had breakfast & dinner at the hotel 3 days in a row....
Well, we are on a mini-vacation and not a business trip..assuming the 4 points breakfast is top notch it might be worth it - specially if they have a lot of fruits as an option for the veggie wife.
Old Dec 20, 2010, 10:55 am
Moderator, El Al and Marriott Bonvoy, FlyerTalk Evangelist
Hyatt Contributor BadgeMarriott Contributor Badge

Programs: SQ*G, Mar LTT, Hyatt Glb, AA LTG, LY, HH, IC, BA, DL, UA SLV
Originally Posted by aterug
Well, we are on a mini-vacation and not a business trip..
When will you be there?
Old Dec 20, 2010, 10:58 am

Originally Posted by yosithezet
When will you be there?
Jan 5 to 8.
Old Dec 20, 2010, 6:37 pm

Just returned from a short stay at this hotel (just to check it out). As many of you have pointed out, it's a hotel that focuses its strength on its hard product rather than the soft. Overall, it's a great value at a very convenient location with friendly staff. It is still rough around the edges, however, especially around breakfast and for the benefit of Janet and her team I will discuss them here.

1. The TV is set up with a brand new interface system (quite cool) but the TV channels did not work in the mornings (from 6 AM onwards until I left around 9:30). It could have been just my room, but it worked fine in the evenings just not in the mornings. For someone who likes to watch a bit of Bloomberg first thing in the morning, this was not cool.

2. During breakfast I was going to get some congee and I burned my right hand cos the handle to lift open the top was burning hot!! Not a severe burn, but enough to annoy me for two days. If the congee is going to be boiled throughout, the handle needs to at least be covered with some sort of cloth to prevent burns. I told this to one of the staff who quickly went and covered the handle with white cloth (she too seemed surprised at how hot it was). This needs to be done everyday to all handles that can get hot. To me, this should have been picked up by the restaurant management.

3. The cafe latte I ordered during breakfast was more like espresso with a spoonful of milk in it. I asked for another one with more milk and they brought another, this time with maybe three spoonfuls of milk in it. Yes I am exaggerating, but it would be good to have the staff be trained in making good coffee - as for many ppl it is a very important part of breakfast (IMHE LM BKK makes the best morning coffee in Thailand, if not Asia). I did not push to have another one be made for me, as I felt bad.

4. No music playing in the background during breakfast. Not that I listen to background music but the restaurant felt very empty without any sound in the background except for the clanking of forks and knives of the four guests that were eating at the time (but no Kenny G please).

5. I noticed that there were no spoons set up on the tables (nor chopsticks), only forks and knives when there were plenty soupy dishes for breakfast. When I asked for one, it took the staff a while to get them (we were one of the four guests in the entire restaurant). To minimize this hassle, I would suggest setting up some spoons on the tables.

6. Water pressure in the shower felt fairly weak. Maybe this is because I am used to the sort of pressure at PA where you literally get pushed forward I know this is not something that can be fixed easily, but I would find it a lot easier to return to this hotel if the water pressure had a bit more power to it.

7. I found the staff at the front desk extremely friendly, but the other staff (i.e. at the eatery) not as friendly. I said 'thank you' on at least half a dozen occasions (for everytime they brought me coffee, spoon, equal etc) but not once was I given a 'you are welcome' - they just walked off. I don't think it was ill-intended (or a big deal, for that matter) but given the hotel will be competing with other 4-5 star hotels in the area, it would be nice to have all of its staff be more courteous (not just the front desk who were very friendly: hats off to May who checked us in).

Don't get me wrong, this is a fantastic hotel and I have already recommended it to my friends who will be visiting Bangkok early next year (already booked ~5 rooms). The rooms are fantastic and the BV a bliss. Hopefully the hotel will climb to greater heights in days to come.
Old Dec 21, 2010, 4:10 am

Programs: SPG & CO Plat.
Thanks for the detailed report.

Originally Posted by jaejaez
Just returned from a short stay at this hotel (just to check it out).

5. I noticed that there were no spoons set up on the tables (nor chopsticks), only forks and knives ...

6. Water pressure in the shower felt fairly weak. Maybe this is because I am used to the sort of pressure at PA where you literally get pushed forward .
No big spoon - in Asia? That's not going to go over well. Seriously.

When I think travel to Bangkok, I think, amongst other things, of how great that first shower feels after a 20+ hour flight. Most all hotels have the hottest and strongest pressure imaginable. I'll be dissapointed if this isn't fixed by my stay.

Speaking of stays - is anyone else receiving emails advising them of upcoming stays from the 4pts there were already cancelled? Given the trouble with SPG.com, now I don't trust my stays were actually cancelled.
Old Dec 21, 2010, 4:25 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by FatManInNYC
Speaking of stays - is anyone else receiving emails advising them of upcoming stays from the 4pts there were already cancelled? Given the trouble with SPG.com, now I don't trust my stays were actually cancelled.
no emails here but i have a stay that was canceled & its still showing up on 'my accounts' page on spg....i emailed the hotel as well as platinum concierge & they both confirmed that the reservation has been canceled....but the stay still shows up active online....
Old Dec 21, 2010, 6:48 am

Programs: SKF, ROP, SPG, SL Golden Circle, Hyatt Gold Passport, Marriot
Originally Posted by FatManInNYC
Thanks for the detailed report.

No big spoon - in Asia? That's not going to go over well. Seriously.

When I think travel to Bangkok, I think, amongst other things, of how great that first shower feels after a 20+ hour flight. Most all hotels have the hottest and strongest pressure imaginable. I'll be dissapointed if this isn't fixed by my stay.

I was even sent an email about a stay with conformation number that I had never received. The SPG CSO agreed that there was no booking, and got the 4P property to confirm with email. Prompt action to allay my fear that charges may show up in credit card, but how did the boo boo happened in the first place?
Old Dec 21, 2010, 7:36 am

Taking a taxi or train to the 4P ?

We will only have 2 small carry on's with us (leave the rest at the airport). Would you recommend taking the train to Asoka and then walking or taking the taxi ? How much would the taxi be if I use the excellent taxi card given here in this thread ?

thanks!

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.