Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Marriott | Marriott Bonvoy
Reload this Page >

Four Points Sukhumvit 15 Bangkok, Thailand [Master Thread]

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Jan 12, 2019, 12:35 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: margarita girl
Hotel email address: [email protected]
Print Wikipost

Four Points Sukhumvit 15 Bangkok, Thailand [Master Thread]

Search this Thread

Old Dec 15, 2010, 5:56 pm

Programs: STARS/LUMINOUS, PRIVE, FSPP, STARS, MO FAN Club, PEN Club, Bellini Club
I am there next week.
Old Dec 15, 2010, 7:33 pm

Programs: UA 1k 1MM, AA Exec Plat, Hyatt Diamond, SPG Plat, Marriott Plat, Hilton Gold, IHG Plat, Accor ?????
I thought that the breakfast here was pretty impressive. It's probably the best free breakfast I've had at a $60/night hotel. They had a good selection of interesting pastries (almond croissant, danish with a generous lump of chocolate, muffins, etc.) as well as some asian dishes like red chicken curry w/ eggplant, fried rice with shrimp, and something else (maybe gai phat med mamuang), and more.

My overall impressions are positive as well. The lobby and room are slightly better than I was expecting. The shower temperature did fluctuate annoyingly, though it was nothing I couldn't adjust for. The staff have been great.

There is a shuttle to the BTS, though it's a bit silly because it doesn't really get you much closer (Robinson's).

I am hearing some hammering right now (9 AM). No big deal, though, since I'm not trying to sleep.
Old Dec 15, 2010, 8:54 pm

Programs: BD *S, SQ nada
Can I check how much is breakfast at the hotel? Is it THB600 (comparable to the SGS)?
Old Dec 15, 2010, 10:33 pm
Marriott Contributor BadgeWyndham Contributor Badge

Programs: Hertz PC, Hilton DMD, IHG Spire Amb, Bonvoy Titanium Elite & WoH Globalist
Originally Posted by BigE
I thought that the breakfast here was pretty impressive. It's probably the best free breakfast I've had at a $60/night hotel ... as well as some asian dishes like red chicken curry w/ eggplant, fried rice with shrimp, and something else (maybe gai phat med mamuang), and more.

My overall impressions are positive as well ...
Yes, the changing four Thai dishes were great at breakfast every morning ... one of the reasons why this is such a successful breakfast. However, the wife alerted the staff that they didn't have boiled rice at breakfast (essential ingredient for making Khaotom, congee, etc.) ... and lo & behold, the next morning there was boiled rice. ^
Old Dec 15, 2010, 10:34 pm
Marriott Contributor BadgeWyndham Contributor Badge

Programs: Hertz PC, Hilton DMD, IHG Spire Amb, Bonvoy Titanium Elite & WoH Globalist
Originally Posted by kaysquare
Can I check how much is breakfast at the hotel? Is it THB600 (comparable to the SGS)?
THB 590 net as indicated in an earlier post.
Old Dec 15, 2010, 11:22 pm

Programs: BD *S, SQ nada
Originally Posted by Kalboz
THB 590 net as indicated in an earlier post.
Thanks. THB600 is really close. I did recall it to be around that range. =)
Old Dec 16, 2010, 1:05 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Bonvoy Lifetime Titanium, IHG Plat, HH Gold, Trident Plat, DL Diamond, AI Maharajah
Originally Posted by BigE
I am hearing some hammering right now (9 AM). No big deal, though, since I'm not trying to sleep.
does anyone know when this is due to finish????
Old Dec 16, 2010, 3:14 am
VWE

Programs: SPG.plat Hyatt.Diamond. Delta.DM MillionMiler : UA 1P
We had a one night stay recently. Accommodated in a junior suite.
My overall impression of the hotel was very positive.
The breakfast was excellent. Far better than the rubbish served at the Plaza Athenee. Excellent coffee (especially the espresso-based offerings) I found the staff to be extremely good considering that the hotel has only been opened such a short time. Some great staff have transferred from the Le Meridien and that's a boon for the 4 points.

The construction noise can be fairly dreadful !

All in all, my expectations were comfortably surpassed.
Old Dec 16, 2010, 4:42 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Bonvoy Lifetime Titanium, IHG Plat, HH Gold, Trident Plat, DL Diamond, AI Maharajah
Originally Posted by VWE
We had a one night stay recently. Accommodated in a junior suite.
My overall impression of the hotel was very positive.
The breakfast was excellent. Far better than the rubbish served at the Plaza Athenee. Excellent coffee (especially the espresso-based offerings) I found the staff to be extremely good considering that the hotel has only been opened such a short time. Some great staff have transferred from the Le Meridien and that's a boon for the 4 points.

The construction noise can be fairly dreadful !

All in all, my expectations were comfortably surpassed.
do you have pictures of the suite????
Old Dec 16, 2010, 4:47 am

Programs: AA Plat for Life, Starwood Platinum, HH Gold
..."the rubbish served at the Plaza Athenee"...

Strong words, indeed... can the poster provide any evidence?
Old Dec 16, 2010, 9:11 pm
VWE

Originally Posted by VanMan

I've stayed 20 or so nights in all at the PA
The evidence is subjective. I consider that they serve cheap stewed coffee, the service is poor, not enough staff, I could go on. and on

I should stress that I'm talking about the restaurant in which they "serve" breakfast. The rest of the hotel is absolutely fine.
Old Dec 16, 2010, 9:17 pm
VWE

Originally Posted by saad
do you have pictures of the suite????
I'm afraid not, I contemplated taking a few pics but the wife set about unpacking as soon as we got in and it didn't look as though photos would do it justice with all our stuff strewn about.

It reminded me a bit of the junior suites at the LM @ Chiang Mai . large TV in the centre divider that swivels to face the sitting area or the bed. I would say that you wouldn't be at all disappointed with a Junior suite there.
Old Dec 17, 2010, 12:39 am

Programs: SQ TPP, BA Gold, Hyatt Life Glob, SPG/Marriott Life Plat,
Originally Posted by VanMan

Personal experience is normally pretty good evidence.
Old Dec 17, 2010, 9:00 am

Jeez, I may be a 'Plebian', but I've always been wowed by the breakfast at the PA. I usually skip brekkie, but not there. So many options & most done quite nicely. Valid points on the service & coffee. Neither are bad by 'Thai standards' IMO though. wj
Old Dec 17, 2010, 4:47 pm
VWE

Originally Posted by zakami
I am there next week.
i was there next week

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.