Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Marriott Bonvoy hotels in Abu Dhabi

Search this Thread

Old Mar 27, 2024, 4:59 am

Programs: BAEC Gold, Marriott LT Platinum
Originally Posted by Tom London
I’m planning our first ever trip to Abu Dhabi, despite having had numerous holidays in Dubai in the past.

I’ve narrowed the hotel choice down to one of the two StR properties (or indeed, a 50/50 split at both is possible). I’d appreciate the views of the collective wisdom here.

Data points:

- 8 nights in late August / early September.
- Travelling as a couple, late 30s.
- In August we favour spending sunrise and late afternoon golden hour at the beach, but spend our days exploring air conditioned attractions. One mall day would be ok too.
- We’re keen swimmers - so a proper swimming pool would be an advantage.
- I have Bonvoy Titanium status so reliable provision of Bonvoy perks would also be advantageous. I have 5 SNA to use. This will be a cash trip because I don’t find the points rates enticing at either hotel.
- We’ll have a rental car for the whole trip.
- We rarely eat evening meals on property. We love to eat at local places. A selection of local restaurants within walking distance would be awesome, but not imperative.
- For context, our go-to property in Dubai is Grosvenor House.
- The price difference is not a deal breaker, but the StR Saadiyat is coming out about AED 2,700 (Ł600 GBP) more expensive for the full 8 nights.

I realise we can’t tick every box, but on balance, I’d be super grateful for any advice about which property might be best for us. Thanks!
Given that you are keen swimmers, the pool in the Corniche property won't cut it - it's a kind of pool where you best sit at the in-water pool bar. On the contrary, the beach at Saadiyat is excellent for swimming - super clear water when there's no wind. There are two pools in the Saadiyat which should allow you a good swim.

The beach is actually far better than any beach you've seen in Dubai. I always got upgraded at the Saadiyat property as LT Plat, I ask them nicely via online chat after check in.

The Concierge Service at the Saadiyat is excellent. Given that you have a rental, you won't be bothered by the slight off city location.

There are a few restaurants on site catering for the St Regis Residences people; however Buddha Bar and the other restaurants are excellent in the hotel. Service in general is very good in the hotel.

The Corniche property is also excellent though - it's about personal choice, but I think for what you need you'll be better off at Saadiyat.

Nota bene: I prefer both properties over Grosvenor House - where the service is admittedly outstanding, and the lounge great, but the property is a bit too dated for me and I don't like the Le Meridien for a proper pool.
Old Mar 28, 2024, 12:47 am

Programs: BA Gold member Marriott Platinum
Originally Posted by Paren
Both are the 'older' properties in the Emirate but they've been refurbished over the years and are generally good. The resorts at both properties are also good as is the service levels. I last stayed at Le Meridien in 2019 when it had just been refurbished
Thanks thats great. Do you have any views on which one may have a better lounge? I will have access and usually like to spend early evenings there after a long day
Old Mar 28, 2024, 1:31 pm

Programs: BA GfL & GGL, FB Platinum, MB Titanium, Hilton Diamond
Not stayed at the Sheraton but the Royal Le Meridien which has been refurbished has a good lounge with IMO good evening snacks and drinks.
Old Yesterday, 12:48 pm

Programs: Avis - PP, Bonvoy - Plat, BA - Bro, Hilton - Dia, Miles&More - FTL, Skywards - Sil, Sixt - Plat
Originally Posted by ElevatorEnthusiast
The Westin and Marriott Al Forsan are the closest to the airport, and I think the W is pretty close, too, just in a different direction. The Aloft is between those and Downtown close to the Capital Gate Tower. The only public transit in Abu Dhabi is bus, so taxis are probably the best bet.
Not noticed it documented on here but probably missed it - the Westin @ The Golf Club is no longer in the Marriott portfolio, it’s a VOCO now. Apparently it’s now got five pools and a lot more restaurants , so maybe VOCO has taken over the clubhouse next door too?

Personally am quite sad as always loved visiting the Westin, was really relaxing sitting on the patio or balcony looking out at the golf course.
Old Yesterday, 3:26 pm

Programs: Ihg diamond ambassador hilton gold
Originally Posted by Mackle
Not noticed it documented on here but probably missed it - the Westin @ The Golf Club is no longer in the Marriott portfolio, it’s a VOCO now. Apparently it’s now got five pools and a lot more restaurants , so maybe VOCO has taken over the clubhouse next door too?

Personally am quite sad as always loved visiting the Westin, was really relaxing sitting on the patio or balcony looking out at the golf course.
Think it's vogo rather than ihg voco

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.