Wiki Posts
Search

Marriott Bonvoy hotels in Abu Dhabi

Search this Thread

Old Nov 27, 2010, 10:41 am
Original Poster

Programs: UA-1k, 1mm, Marriott-LT Platinum, Hertz-Presidents Circle
Marriott Bonvoy hotels in Abu Dhabi

The reporting on Abu Dhabi is almost nill. Can someone give me any feedback whatsoever on any of the 5 Abu Dhabi SPG properties?

Sheraton Khalidiya Hotel, Abu Dhabi

Le Royal Méridien Abu Dhabi

Le Méridien Abu Dhabi

Sheraton Abu Dhabi Hotel & Resort

Aloft Abu Dhabi

My 2 questions specifically are:

1. Do any have a club lounge? I think the Le Meridien Abu Dhabi does.

2. Do any give plats free breakfast?

Thanks
Old Nov 27, 2010, 11:21 am

Programs: Bonvoy LT Plat, HH Diamond, IHG Plat, BMI Gold (RIP)
We stayed at Le Royal Meridien a few weeks ago for the Grand Prix. I'm planning on doing a proper report with photos, but have been a bit busy since returning. I'll try to get something up tomorrow.

To answer your questions with regards to LRM, it has a club lounge area which is a section of the coffee lounge on the ground floor. It has snacks (pastries, sandwiches etc) during the day and hot appetisers during the evening. Free soft drinks, tea, coffee during the day, plus alcohol in the evenings.

I'm not sure if breakfast was included as a Platinum benefit, or because we were in a Royal Club suite. Assuming it is a Platinum benefit, then this gives you access to the full buffet in the Opera restaurant.

The hotel was very good, but the service was a bit frustrating at times, possibly down to it being an extremely busy time at the hotel.

Any other specific questions about it, then just let me know.
Old Nov 27, 2010, 7:29 pm

Programs: UA Plat, AA Plat, SPG Plat, HGP Diamond, Avis First
I stayed at the Sheraton Abu Dhabi Hotel & Resort back in March of this year (as a Gold). I upgraded myself at time of check-in to the Club Level. The Club Lounge, however, was pretty small, but it did have a nice selection of finger foods and a fully stocked bar with bartender.

I can't comment on breakfast for Plats since I didn't have that status at the time, but I do remember the club being closed one morning.

The room was OK, but the grounds are very nice and the WiFi worked at the pool bar.
Old Nov 27, 2010, 11:18 pm

Programs: SPG Platinum, Skywards Gold
The Sheraton Corniche includes free buffet breakfast in the restaurant, a small club lounge but good food options plus a 2 hour happy hour in the bar from 6pm-8pm with a couple of food options for club/ plats. Probably the nicest AUH property for SPG but rooms are a bit small, even the upgraded club rooms are essentially standard rooms on a different floor.

Le Meridien is a more lively hotel (lots of bar/ restaurants) but is a bit dated. Plus side is as a Plat I've been upgraded to suite the last 4 or 5 times I've been there. Breakfast again in the main restaurant, club lounge has limited drinks and pastries in the day. 2 hour evening happy hour, think from 6:30pm in the lounge itself.

Royal Meridien as described above. Nice hotel but more space at the Sheraton Corniche which is just around the corner.

Aloft is the other end of AUH, useful business hotel with a lovely pool area but nothing around it. Includes breakfast in the restaurant, nothing else.

Sheraton Khalidiya Hotel - never stayed but looks awful.
Old Dec 6, 2010, 5:13 pm

Programs: Marriott AMB, Skywards Gold
Originally Posted by DXBPlat
The Sheraton Corniche includes free buffet breakfast in the restaurant, a small club lounge but good food options plus a 2 hour happy hour in the bar from 6pm-8pm with a couple of food options for club/ plats. Probably the nicest AUH property for SPG but rooms are a bit small, even the upgraded club rooms are essentially standard rooms on a different floor.

Le Meridien is a more lively hotel (lots of bar/ restaurants) but is a bit dated. Plus side is as a Plat I've been upgraded to suite the last 4 or 5 times I've been there. Breakfast again in the main restaurant, club lounge has limited drinks and pastries in the day. 2 hour evening happy hour, think from 6:30pm in the lounge itself.

Royal Meridien as described above. Nice hotel but more space at the Sheraton Corniche which is just around the corner.

Aloft is the other end of AUH, useful business hotel with a lovely pool area but nothing around it. Includes breakfast in the restaurant, nothing else.

Sheraton Khalidiya Hotel - never stayed but looks awful.

Any Idea which one is close to Ferrari World? I'll be there for one night only.
Old Dec 6, 2010, 7:29 pm

Programs: BA Gold, TK*G, EI Elite
Four are in downtown Abu Dhabi; three of them are within a few hundred metres of each other. None of them are any nearer, or in fact near, Ferrari World which is on Yas Island and therefore within spitting distance of the airport. The aloft is a lot closer but if you don't specfically need an SPG hotel, I would suggest that if a visit to Ferrari World is your main plan for the overnight, you pick one of the hotels on Yas Island which are only a 15 minutes walk away.
Old Dec 8, 2010, 8:49 am

Well I'm going to Abu Dhabi for one night only, All 5 hotels are within the same price range, actually 4 of them are the same price, I've narrowed it down to the Sheraton Resort and the LRM since they are the 5 star hotels, Which one you guys reccomend?

I'm looking for breakfast and a suite upgrade, nothing more than that.
Old Dec 9, 2010, 9:09 am

Programs: Bonvoy AMB/LTE , Diamond HH, SEN LH
Sheraton Corniche AUH

I stayed 25times in the last 5-6 Years and i had never a suite.But the breakfast buffet is great. It´s free for Plat., the real cost is 220 AED /Paxe.
Old Dec 10, 2010, 7:15 pm

Programs: UA 1K,SPG Plat,
Originally Posted by LovetoTravel83
Any Idea which one is close to Ferrari World? I'll be there for one night only.
The Aloft is closest to Ferrari World, but only by a few kilometers.

Aloft gave me free breakfast, an upgrade to one of the 3 large rooms on the floor, a 20 AED coupon for the XYZ Bar for each night, and a free hot beverage coupon for the quick serve place next to XYZ(don't remember what its called) for each night of my stay.

The 3 large rooms on the floor are, XX36, XX38*, and I think, XX40.
Old Dec 11, 2010, 1:08 am

Originally Posted by UALfromMSN

Aloft gave me free breakfast, an upgrade to one of the 3 large rooms on the floor, a 20 AED coupon for the XYZ Bar for each night, and a free hot beverage coupon for the quick serve place next to XYZ(don't remember what its called) for each night of my stay.

I thought Alofts don't do upgrades
Old Dec 11, 2010, 1:23 am
Used to be bulldoggolfer05

Programs: HGP DMD, HHonors DMD, SPG PLT, MR PLT
Originally Posted by LovetoTravel83
I thought Alofts don't do upgrades
Alofts are not required to offer upgrades, however with all things, individual properties are allowed to go above and beyond if they wish.
Old Dec 11, 2010, 7:31 am
Original Poster

Programs: UA-1k, 1mm, Marriott-LT Platinum, Hertz-Presidents Circle
Originally Posted by Eastside
I stayed 25times in the last 5-6 Years and i had never a suite.But the breakfast buffet is great. It´s free for Plat., the real cost is 220 AED /Paxe.
It is 110 AED a person. I was just here yesterday. I personally thought the aloft buffet was better, believe it or not.

Originally Posted by UALfromMSN

I didn't get the coupons or free hot beverage, but i did get an upgrade and free breakfast.
Old Dec 11, 2010, 12:05 pm

Programs: UA 1K,SPG Plat,
Originally Posted by bulldoggolfer05
Alofts are not required to offer upgrades, however with all things, individual properties are allowed to go above and beyond if they wish.
Honestly, I had no expectation of an upgrade when I arrived, but the guy at check-in gave me an XX38 room, and said something about an upgrade. Looking at the hotel map on the back of the room door, it's on the curve of the building, and having poked my head into a regular room to ask housekeeping a question, my room was easily 2X the size of a regular room.
Old Dec 11, 2010, 12:22 pm

Programs: SPG Lifetime Platinum, Marriott Platinum, Delta Platinum Medallion
Two great hotels in Abu Dhabi

I've stayed at both the Sheraton Abu Dhabi Resort and Aloft.

Sheraton Abu Dhabi Resort: Both times I've stayed there I've been upgraded to a Gulf view room. Lovely bottle of wine, dates and fruit tray were left in the room for me along with loads of free water. The club room is small but the food is wonderful, full bar and great service. This is a wonderful hotel...beautiful lobby...uncommon of Sheraton.

Aloft had just opened when I last stayed so it was touch and go. Upgraded to a suite (although it was just one room with a small living area). They have two great rooftop bars with amazing views of Abu Dhabi. The GM personally welcomed me to the property and gave me his card if I needed anything. A nice stay.
Old Mar 6, 2011, 3:39 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

I am going to Abu Dhabi and started doing some research, and one of the referece sources that my company use classifies them as follows )on a 10 points scale):
  • Le Méridien Abu Dhabi - 9
  • Sheraton Abu Dhabi Hotel & Resort -9
  • Le Royal Méridien Abu Dhabi - 8
  • Sheraton Khalidiya Hotel, Abu Dhabi - 6
  • Aloft Abu Dhabi - Not (yet?) classified

Do you agree with this?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.