Wiki Posts
Search

Marriott Bonvoy hotels in Abu Dhabi

Search this Thread

Old Dec 22, 2022, 3:59 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA EXP, 6MM; BA GLD
Originally Posted by mynameisdmoon
I decided to make a cash booking at W... for a whopping 483 AED which seems very cheap all things considered. I'm a low-key F1 can so it'll be a nice treat. It doesn't seem to be too out of the way either. Will take the opportunity to check out either the Louvre or Ferrari F1 World in the morning before heading over to Dubai.
I recommend the Louvre. It’s very well done.
Old Dec 22, 2022, 4:03 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by ElevatorEnthusiast
On all of my trips, I spend each night in a different hotel in order to maximize the number of hotels I get to experience. Are there any other AD properties you would recommend besides those I listed as my other recommendations?
How about staying at both of the St. Regises?
Old Dec 22, 2022, 4:37 pm

Programs: MB Ambassador, WOH Globalist, HH Diamond (Aspire), AA Gold, UA (*G) Gold
Originally Posted by Blumie
How about staying at both of the St. Regises?
Oh, I am - I wasn't sure how to differentiate the Downtown property in the list. In retrospect, I should have just said Downtown.
Old Dec 22, 2022, 5:02 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by ElevatorEnthusiast
Oh, I am - I wasn't sure how to differentiate the Downtown property in the list. In retrospect, I should have just said Downtown.
I would call it the St. Regis on the Corniche. To locals, “downtown” usually refers to the older part of Abu Dhabi island a little further up the road. I’d call the Downtown Marriott downtown, but maybe not the St. Regis. (Of course I could be wrong!)

The St. Regis Saadiyat clearly is called just that!
ElevatorEnthusiast likes this.
Old Dec 22, 2022, 10:54 pm

I would really not go out of my way to stay at any of the three - I would just stay at a different hotel for an extra night.

Of the three, I think Sheraton is the worst - the rooms are truly awful and the rest of the hotel not much better. Between LM and LRM, the LM was more recently refurbished and has a broader F&B offering, but the hotel still generally feels a bit cheap and underwhelming. On the other hand, LRM was used as a quarantine hotel throughout Covid and I don't know whether they have reactivated the main building - the Royal Club wing is very dated. Rooms at LM have balconies whereas LRM is completely enclosed, in case that makes a difference.
ElevatorEnthusiast likes this.
Old Dec 23, 2022, 2:00 am

Programs: MB Ambassador, WOH Globalist, HH Diamond (Aspire), AA Gold, UA (*G) Gold
Thanks, everyone - I'm quite concerned that the LRM is partially closed and that seems to reflect in the available room types. I decided to go with the Andaz as I can still get 2 CPP on the low points rates for the low cash rates. Staying in the leaning tower of Abu Dhabi should be pretty cool, despite the location.
Old Dec 24, 2022, 3:34 am

Programs: BAEC Gold, Marriott LT Platinum
Originally Posted by mynameisdmoon
Flying IAD-AUH and decided to spend the night in Abu Dhabi instead of just trekking to Dubai upon arrival (and doesn’t seem like Etihad gives complimentary shuttle if you book via partner award, even though I booked F on AP).

Any recommendations for non status holders? Trying to make best use of my partner’s 35k cert + points top off. She’s only a silver status unfortunately.

So far just booked the RC for time being because a large village room was available for 42k but looks like the location is pretty terrible as I wouldn’t not want to pay the exorbitant price they charge for dining.

Also looking at the Marriott Downtown, and the W.

I guess we should be prioritizing location since we won’t be getting any free breakfast/lounge access. Attraction wise just going to the Louvre in the morning before taking taxi down to Dubai.
Don't even consider the RC. It's a waste of money in terms of service and shouldn't call itself RC at all. Just read the posts here about it.

I would go with either StR and especially for Saadiyat if you like beach/ come w/ kids. Has great service and is a 5min taxi ride to Louvre and closer to DXB.
NoY and mediator like this.
Old Jan 5, 2023, 9:00 am

Programs: AA Gold, HH Diamond, UA Silver
I'm going to be transiting AUH on EY with my family and have an overnight layover. The two properties that best fit in my budget are the Marriott Al Forsan and the Marriott Downtown. I'm only around for the evening and breakfast, so am mostly looking for a comfortable/quiet place to sleep and a nice breakfast. Any thoughts on which of the 2 Marriotts would be better (I have only lowly silver status, so no lounge access),
Old Jan 5, 2023, 9:18 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by whimsey21
I'm going to be transiting AUH on EY with my family and have an overnight layover. The two properties that best fit in my budget are the Marriott Al Forsan and the Marriott Downtown. I'm only around for the evening and breakfast, so am mostly looking for a comfortable/quiet place to sleep and a nice breakfast. Any thoughts on which of the 2 Marriotts would be better (I have only lowly silver status, so no lounge access),
No question the Al Forsan. It’s closer to the airport and, other than for those looking for proximity to downtown Abu Dhabi, a much better property. Not that there’s anything wrong with the Marriott Downtown, but the Al Forsan is much better.
Old Jan 6, 2023, 12:01 pm

Programs: AA Gold, HH Diamond, UA Silver
Originally Posted by Blumie
No question the Al Forsan. It’s closer to the airport and, other than for those looking for proximity to downtown Abu Dhabi, a much better property. Not that there’s anything wrong with the Marriott Downtown, but the Al Forsan is much better.
Thanks - thats very helpful!
Old Jan 6, 2023, 7:41 pm
NoY

Programs: SQ *Gold, BA, QR, EY, Hilton Diamond, IHG Platinum, Marriott Gold, Amex Platinum
Marriott Downtown is a class act. Efficient, modern & with a very generous upgrade policy IME & is also ideally located downtown near many amenities. I disliked the Al Forsan in pretty every aspect versus the Downtown. YMMV, naturally.
Old Jan 29, 2023, 5:32 pm

Programs: Aeroplan, Amex AeroPlat
We have a 10-hour overnight transit at AUH. Is the Aloft easily accessible via public transit or only private car possible?

They have a really good rate.
Old Jan 30, 2023, 2:16 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by theOtherHolmes
We have a 10-hour overnight transit at AUH. Is the Aloft easily accessible via public transit or only private car possible?

No idea what public transit is like, but I would not expect it to be convenient. I always found the taxis to be reliable and reasonably priced. And if the Aloft is where I think it is — by the convention center — that is closer to the airport than going all the way in town.
Old Feb 3, 2023, 9:29 am

Does anyone know how the Khalidiya Sheraton can still use the Sheraton name and logo on their signage and branding without being in Bonvoy / former Starwood? I just walked by, and that Sheraton logo is very noticable.
Old Feb 3, 2023, 9:43 am

Originally Posted by theOtherHolmes

The Westin and Marriott Al Forsan are the closest to the airport, and I think the W is pretty close, too, just in a different direction. The Aloft is between those and Downtown close to the Capital Gate Tower. The only public transit in Abu Dhabi is bus, so taxis are probably the best bet.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.