Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Marriott Bonvoy hotels in Abu Dhabi

Search this Thread

Old Feb 5, 2023, 8:31 pm

Recent stay at Westin, W Yas Island, and aloft Abu Dhabi

We were spending 2 days in Abu Dhabi before heading out to Al Maha, and then had a night in Abu Dhabi afterwards prior to flying to Phu Quoc

the first night we arrived, we stayed at the Westin. We were upgraded to the executive suite overlooking golf course as a titanium. This hotel has a great happy hour and free food between 6-8pm in the hotel bar with drinks served and prepared by bartenders instead of the usual bucket of beer and wine that a lot of lounges have. Girlfriend ordered a Martini which wasn’t included but the were able to make it for her anyway complimentary. We also got a free bucket of golf balls to go down to the range and hit some balls which was very fun and unique. They have a bar setup that is like a low key version of top golf which was very cool. Lastly, breakfast at this hotel was fantastic. One of the best breakfast buffets we have been too and I still can’t get over how good the Asian noodles they had were. Would definitely recommend this hotel for a short stay if you don’t plan on going anywhere else in Abu Dhabi.

Second night we headed to the W hotel on Yas Island. This is our second time staying here and like last time we were upgraded to the second highest suite the Fabulous suite. They wouldn’t upgraded to the WOW even though I asked via chat and upon check in. We love this hotel, it’s so fun and is in a great location near YAS mall and the marina. The rate we booked came with breakfast so as our welcome amenity we opted for a bucket or Coronas which we enjoyed on our massive deck. They also have a two hour happy hour between 6-8Pm for elites which was a full dinner buffet and beers. It is in the Garage restaurant off to one side but you have access to the patio so we sat outside ate and drank and watched the cars race on the track. This hotel also has a great buffet breakfast and we will be back here again as it’s one of our favs in Abu Dhabi.

after Al Maha we had a one night stay before flying out. We opted to stay at the Aloft which was probably the best value for the money out of all properties. The rate was $89 CAD, which came with breakfast. They gave us 2 alcoholic drink tickets plus a welcome amenity (we chose beer and cheese platter instead of 500 points). Breakfast was great and this hotel has an awesome rooftop pool and bar. They don’t participate in the upgrade program for elites but they still moved us to their studio room which so believe is the largest room they have. Will definitely stay here again as well if looking to be closer to town.
Old Feb 11, 2023, 1:37 am

Programs: MB Ambassador, WOH Globalist, HH Diamond (Aspire), AA Gold, UA (*G) Gold
Here is my ranking of the Abu Dhabi properties I tried on this trip - full reviews and photos can be found in the respective property master threads:
  1. St Regis Saadiyat - fantastic service, comfortable lodgings, good shower and bed, tasty breakfast
  2. St Regis on the Corniche - preferred the location here over Saadiyat, beautiful suite design, great bed, tasty breakfast, service a tad more hands-off than STR Saadiyat
  3. Ritz-Carlton Grand Canal - upgraded to a two-bedroom house, fantastic bed, no breakfast obviously sucks
  4. W Abu Dhabi - beautiful exterior, good breakfast, good service, bed needs improvement
  5. Marriott Downtown - minor annoyances, very clean, relatively comfortable, boring
  6. Marriott Al Forsan - lots of random annoying aspects, not really anything super positive except for the price
Outside of Marriott, I also stayed at Conrad Etihad Towers and Andaz Capital Gate. I would rank both of them between STR on the Corniche and the Ritz with Conrad before the Andaz.
Old Feb 11, 2023, 5:13 am

Programs: HH Gold
Originally Posted by ElevatorEnthusiast
Here is my ranking of the Abu Dhabi properties I tried on this trip - full reviews and photos can be found in the respective property master threads:
  1. St Regis Saadiyat - fantastic service, comfortable lodgings, good shower and bed, tasty breakfast
  2. St Regis on the Corniche - preferred the location here over Saadiyat, beautiful suite design, great bed, tasty breakfast, service a tad more hands-off than STR Saadiyat
  3. Ritz-Carlton Grand Canal - upgraded to a two-bedroom house, fantastic bed, no breakfast obviously sucks
  4. W Abu Dhabi - beautiful exterior, good breakfast, good service, bed needs improvement
  5. Marriott Downtown - minor annoyances, very clean, relatively comfortable, boring
  6. Marriott Al Forsan - lots of random annoying aspects, not really anything super positive except for the price
Excellent, will add St Regis Saadiyat to my list. In comparison with the other St.Regis, did Saadiyat edge it on superior service levels only?

Last edited by diablo77; Feb 11, 2023 at 1:46 pm
Old Feb 11, 2023, 5:22 am

Programs: MB Ambassador, WOH Globalist, HH Diamond (Aspire), AA Gold, UA (*G) Gold
Originally Posted by diablo77
Excellent, will add St Regis Saadiyat on to my list. In comparison with the other St.Regis, did Saadiyat edge it on superior service levels only?
Superior service and stronger shower pressure. I care more about hard product myself, so I would honestly probably go back to STR Corniche as the bed was better and the property is much cheaper but at a balance, I think more folks would be happier at Saadiyat.
Old Feb 11, 2023, 1:35 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA EXP, 6MM; BA GLD
Outside of Marriott, I also stayed at Conrad Etihad Towers and Andaz Capital Gate. I would rank both of them between STR on the Corniche and the Ritz with Conrad before the Andaz.
Originally Posted by diablo77
Excellent, will add St Regis Saadiyat on to my list. In comparison with the other St.Regis, did Saadiyat edge it on superior service levels only?
Superior service and stronger shower pressure. I care more about hard product myself, so I would honestly probably go back to STR Corniche as the bed was better and the property is much cheaper but at a balance, I think more folks would be happier at Saadiyat.
The St. Regis Saadiyat is on Abu Dhabi’s best beach and very close to the Louvre, whereas the Corniche location is closer to downtown. For vacationers, I would guess that Saadiyat would be the preferred location, whereas for business travelers I would expect the Corniche location to be preferred. (The Ritz Carlton is proximate to Sheikh Zayed Sports City, and maybe the convention center, but not much else.)
Old Feb 12, 2023, 12:25 pm

Programs: FB Platinum, Marriott Platinum Elite
I have a two night stay in March in AUH and consider Sheraton for the price and that I just want to do nothing on the beach / swimming pool, use the gym and leave once to to The Mosque. I can upgrade (possibly) to Royal Suite using certificates. Has anybody stayed in this property recently? If it somehow compares to Sheraton resort in DXB, I would be happy.
Old Apr 18, 2023, 2:01 am

I have an 18-ish hour layover in AUH. Will probably sleep/chill at the hotel for half the time and then probably check out the Louvre. Based on the reviews I figure I'll get decent treatment as a Plat at the Westin, and wonder if it's worth an extra $60 to go for the W?
Old Apr 18, 2023, 5:06 pm

Location: Manhattan, Palm Beach Island, San Francisco, Boston, & Hong Kong
Programs: Lifetime United Global Services, Delta Plat, Hyatt Globalist, Marriott Ambassador, & Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by Blumie
The St. Regis Saadiyat is on Abu Dhabi’s best beach and very close to the Louvre, whereas the Corniche location is closer to downtown. For vacationers, I would guess that Saadiyat would be the preferred location, whereas for business travelers I would expect the Corniche location to be preferred. (The Ritz Carlton is proximate to Sheikh Zayed Sports City, and maybe the convention center, but not much else.)
The beaches are very nice but I think they are publicly accessible. Nonetheless, the beaches at the St. Regis Saadiyat Island are just incredible. I can't believe the oil emirate has such clear water.
Duck1981 likes this.
Old Jan 9, 2024, 1:01 am

Programs: Marriott Ambassador, Hilton Diamond, Accor Diamond, BA Gold, QR Plat
Westin Abu Dhabi is no longer part of Marriott and has been rebranded as “VOGO” (not to be mistaken with IHG’s VOCO)
Old Mar 24, 2024, 9:04 am

Programs: Marriott-LT Titanium; AA-LT Gold/Currently Plat Pro
Anyone interested in giving their opinion on which to book for one night in Abu Dhabi for three of us in one room: Our only plans are touring both the Mosque and the Palace.

Titanium Member booking:
a) St Regis Corniche - 68k vs $495 (.73 redemption)
b) Al Wathba - 44k vs $470 ($1.06 redemption)

Gold Member booking (using a 50k FNA which expires Nov and as of now have no plans for it) and losing any possible upgrades either complimentary or NUA and breakfast:
a) Ritz Carlton Grand Canal 59k ( FNA + 9k) vs $357 (.60 redemption)
b) The Edition 55k ( FNA + 5k) vs $305 (.55 redemption)

We will be staying the following night at Al Maha

Of the four, which would you choose AND if we just decided to book under the Titanium Member which of the two would you choose?
Old Mar 24, 2024, 9:08 am

Originally Posted by odie11
Anyone interested in giving their opinion on which to book for one night in Abu Dhabi for three of us in one room: Our only plans are touring both the Mosque and the Palace.

Titanium Member booking:

Gold Member booking (using a 50k FNA which expires Nov and as of now have no plans for it) and losing any possible upgrades either complimentary or NUA and breakfast:

Of the four, which would you choose AND if we just decided to book under the Titanium Member which of the two would you choose?
If you're only going to be there one night and you want to tour both the Grand Mosque and Presidential Palace, that's a lot of transport time (especially since you have to head to Dubai outskirts for Al Maha the next day). Al Wathba isn't close to anything, and STR Corniche is close-ish to the Presidential Palace. RC Grand Canal is walkable to the Grand Mosque. There really isn't an optimal location for both of those in one day.
Old Mar 24, 2024, 9:37 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA EXP, 6MM; BA GLD
If you're only going to be there one night and you want to tour both the Grand Mosque and Presidential Palace, that's a lot of transport time (especially since you have to head to Dubai outskirts for Al Maha the next day). Al Wathba isn't close to anything, and STR Corniche is close-ish to the Presidential Palace. RC Grand Canal is walkable to the Grand Mosque. There really isn't an optimal location for both of those in one day.
I disagree. Getting between the palace and the mosque is reasonably easy and quick (and inexpensive) by taxi.
Old Mar 24, 2024, 9:48 am

Programs: BAEC Gold, Marriott LT Platinum
Originally Posted by WasKnown
The beaches are very nice but I think they are publicly accessible. Nonetheless, the beaches at the St. Regis Saadiyat Island are just incredible. I can't believe the oil emirate has such clear water.
+1

Same experience for me. On a day without wind the water/ beach is like on the Maledives (well almost).
Old Mar 24, 2024, 9:53 am

Programs: BAEC Gold, Marriott LT Platinum
Originally Posted by odie11

Titanium Member booking:

The Ritz Carlton was during my stay just extremely bad to the point that I believe it shouldn't be part of the RC brand. The property is impressive, however it seems to be too big for staff to provide a good service.

The breakfast service in the dark lower ground floor room was just depressing. Beach is as the name says just a canal and service there was non-existing. I was there off season and it felt deserted. Slow check in, missed housekeeping, etc just added to my bad experience.

It might be walking distance to the Mosque, but not when it's warm and humid. Or at least it would be challenging.

On the contrary, the St Regis at the Corniche is superb. And worth the additional points/ cash.
Old Mar 24, 2024, 11:34 am

Programs: Marriott-LT Titanium; AA-LT Gold/Currently Plat Pro
If I am fine taking Ubers or driving, we will actually have a car, would that make a difference in your opinion. We arrive at 7:00 AM from CMN so we have all day plus the morning of the second day before heading to Al Maha to arrive around lunch.
As far as use of points to comfort, was what I was thinking. I saw your reviews and know you really enjoyed St Regis Corniche.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.