Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Marriott | Marriott Bonvoy
Reload this Page >

Sheraton Rhodes, Greece [Master Thread]

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Sheraton Rhodes, Greece [Master Thread]

Search this Thread

Old Jul 12, 2022, 5:36 pm

Originally Posted by christianj
+1 and the reason we’ve stayed there twice. MUCH better than the Blue Palace and significantly better elite treatment. We can’t wait to go back.
that’s why I wanted to try both even though they are so close to each other. I couldn’t find a convincing review comparing the two so I thought to try both since I’ll be paying cash for both stays anyway and there was no incentive to stay in just one of them.
whimsey21 likes this.
Old Jul 13, 2022, 5:44 am

Programs: UA 1K, Bonvoy LTTE, HH Dia, HY Expl
Originally Posted by Ramiraw
that’s why I wanted to try both even though they are so close to each other. I couldn’t find a convincing review comparing the two so I thought to try both since I’ll be paying cash for both stays anyway and there was no incentive to stay in just one of them.
Understood! The property specific threads of course don't compare them directly but they (at least to me) show that the DoE is much better and treats elites much better. I stayed at the BP when it was the only redemption option in the area. When DoE joined we tried it and have been back again since then and had it booked for summer 2020 but of course that was a bust. BP is nice but DoE just treats elites better and the staff (at least pre-Covid) went above and beyond to make sure guest were happy vs the BP at which they just seemed to go through the motions. At the same redemption levels (or paid cost) it is a no contest for me but it will be interesting to hear your comparison. Please post your thoughts on the respective properties in their property threads after your trip...especially Vedema which is one of the Greek properties we have not tried.
Old Jul 13, 2022, 6:58 am

Originally Posted by christianj
Understood! The property specific threads of course don't compare them directly but they (at least to me) show that the DoE is much better and treats elites much better. I stayed at the BP when it was the only redemption option in the area. When DoE joined we tried it and have been back again since then and had it booked for summer 2020 but of course that was a bust. BP is nice but DoE just treats elites better and the staff (at least pre-Covid) went above and beyond to make sure guest were happy vs the BP at which they just seemed to go through the motions. At the same redemption levels (or paid cost) it is a no contest for me but it will be interesting to hear your comparison. Please post your thoughts on the respective properties in their property threads after your trip...especially Vedema which is one of the Greek properties we have not tried.
vedema was the absolute worst I have ever been to worldwide from any hotel chain or otherwise. I’ll share my review soon.
Old Aug 15, 2022, 5:58 am

Programs: SK Gold, AF Gold, Marriott Platinum
Originally Posted by gojko88
Does anyone know how this property treats award stays in terms of breakfast?
To answer myself, no breakfast included for award stays even though it's included for everyone else (package tours and third-party bookings included). Wasn't there a Marriott corporate policy that stated if all paid rates include an amenity, so should redemptions? Like what happened with Al Maha?

Otherwise the Elite treatment is terrific, I got upgraded from a Deluxe Sea View room to a Junior Suite as a lowly Gold. The separate breakfast and pool areas are also nice (although I have no idea how they police access to the 6th floor pool since no one seems to check).
Old Aug 15, 2022, 8:31 am

Programs: A3(*G), Marriott Platinum, Hilton Diamond, IHG Diamond Ambassador
Originally Posted by gojko88
To answer myself, no breakfast included for award stays even though it's included for everyone else (package tours and third-party bookings included). Wasn't there a Marriott corporate policy that stated if all paid rates include an amenity, so should redemptions? Like what happened with Al Maha?

Otherwise the Elite treatment is terrific, I got upgraded from a Deluxe Sea View room to a Junior Suite as a lowly Gold. The separate breakfast and pool areas are also nice (although I have no idea how they police access to the 6th floor pool since no one seems to check).
You can surely request breakfast as a welcome amenity if you're Platinum or higher in lieu of the points. This is what I did in June with a 5-night rewards stay.
flockavelliFT likes this.
Old Aug 16, 2022, 4:12 am

Programs: MM silver, Flying blue Platinum, A3 gold, Marriott platinum, IHG gold
Originally Posted by yurtripper
You can surely request breakfast as a welcome amenity if you're Platinum or higher in lieu of the points. This is what I did in June with a 5-night rewards stay.
We stayed there 2 weeks ago. 5 night reward stay, I chose breakfast as welcome gift. Separate breakfast area is nice advantage, there were usually around 20 people waiting in line to get the table at the breakfast around 10 am. No waiting time for separate Bonvoy area.
I tried to use my 5 SNA but it was not confirmed, I just got upgraded to family room with sea wiev.
flockavelliFT likes this.

Last edited by Mbcan; Aug 16, 2022 at 11:17 am Reason: Typing errors
Old Aug 16, 2022, 9:15 am

Programs: DL 2 MM Unobtainum | UA 1.1MM Gold | MR Bonvoy Titanium
Originally Posted by Mbcan
Ww stayed there 2 weeks ago. 5 night reward stay, I chose breakfast as welcome gift. Separate breakfast area is nice advantage, there were usually around 20 people waiting in line to get the table at the breakfast around 10 am. No waiting time for separate Bonvoy area.
I tried to use my 5 SNA but it was not confirmed, I just got upgraded to family room with sea wiev.
Interesting they didn't have a separate Bonvoy area when I went last summer but I suspect that might have to do with Covid and it was very quiet in Rhodes when I went.
Old Dec 12, 2022, 9:47 am

Programs: Marriott Lifetime Platinum, Air Canada 35K
Stayed here for 4 night in June 2022. We loved it. I was Plat at the time and was upgraded to one of the panoramic suites on the top floor. It was probably the best view from a hotel room I've stayed at.

We are early risers so was down for breakfast when it opened and were usually the first people there. The separate area for Elites was open every morning except one as it had rained and they had not wiped the water off the chairs/tables yet. The breakfast was amazing and we enjoyed the Greek yogurt and fresh squeezed OJ the best.

The pool did get busy at times but we never had a problem finding chairs. Lots of places to eat within walking distance with cheap/great food. Walked to the acropolis and then into town for sightseeing.

We will definitely visit this property again.
Old Jul 8, 2023, 3:02 pm

There hasn't been a post on this hotel in a while, so I will post.

Stayed here in early July of 2023 and the hotel is now fully open including all the restaurants. While it certainly isn't as deluxe as the Grande Bretegne in Athens, where we came from or Corfu's Domes Miramare hotel, it's a nice hotel with two pools, an extensive breakfast, and some pretty restaurants. We weren't entirely thrilled with the menu at the bar restaurant (part of which is on the terrace of the smaller pool), but the hotel staff went out of its way to do things for us and we appreciated it.

The hotel is close to Rhodes old town, but a drive or a short taxi ride, but that was fine. I don't believe we got upgraded (my wife is platinum), but our room was perfectly fine, with the only slight oddity that the room refrigerator included only water, no sodas or snacks or anything which I thought was a little odd for such a nice hotel.

When I first looked at staying in Rhodes, I debated staying at a fancier hotel or at least one closer to old Rhodes town. I didn't really see a fancier hotel and after seeing the traffic around the old city, certainly thought I made the right decision to stay at the Sheraton Rhodes. I recommend it.
hann, flockavelliFT and Kara5930 like this.
Old Dec 28, 2023, 6:39 am

Programs: Marriott Lifetime Platinum, Air Canada 35K
Stayed here in June 2022 and loved it. Going back September 2024. Looking forward to the orange juice and greek yogurt with Rhodes honey for breakfast every morning

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.