Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Marriott | Marriott Bonvoy
Reload this Page >

Sheraton Rhodes, Greece [Master Thread]

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Sheraton Rhodes, Greece [Master Thread]

Search this Thread

Old Aug 5, 2021, 1:53 am

Programs: Marriott TITANIUM, BWR Dia, IHG, Millemiglia Alitalia
Originally Posted by James Luckard
I Googled and, to clarify, the previous poster is referring to disastrous wildfires right now on the island:

https://greekreporter.com/2021/08/01...without-power/

Old Aug 27, 2021, 2:40 pm

Programs: Marriott TITANIUM, BWR Dia, IHG, Millemiglia Alitalia
Just came back from a lovely stay at the Sheraton Rhodes, with a great Bonvoy treatment.
€1

+1

Fantastic summer holiday with friends at the Sheraton Rhodes Resort in Ixia, Rodos, Greece, along with the best Bonvoy Elite member treatment ever.
I booked two classic rooms and, as a Titanium Bonvoy member, at check in I got one upgrade to an Aegean Suite and the other room to a Panoramic sea view for my friends, with plenty of complimentary fruit and water in room every day.
The suite was huge, approx 60 sqm, with a large terrace over the sea, living area with tv, sofà and armchairs, large bedroom with four-poster bed and plenty of wardrobes for clothes.
Rooms were extremely clean and housekeeping women were very kind and always smiling.
The hotel is on the seafront road, surrounded by gardens with palms and trees, a very peaceful area away from the noise.
There are three spotless main pools, the most scenic one is very large and they have nice acquagym music in the morning.
The beach is very nice as well, you can reach it from the hotel area via a tunnel: here you have sunbeds, umbrellas, toilet and showers.
Although there were many people, we always found a place! The sea is blue and clean.
The resort is a few km far from Rodos city and its beautiful medieval area, and we had the opportunity to visit Filerimos and Lindos by taxi.
We were on full board option, so I can confirm that food in the hotel (from breakfast to dinner) is superb, a lot of choice everyday and high quality! But the best part is the kindness and courtesy of the personnel and the waiters, always smiling and very professional.
A big PLAUSE to Mr. MANOLIS at the Castellana restaurant (open for buffet breakfast and dinner), who was our "angel" throughout the week, very professional and always ready for guest needs.
There is also a reserved area for Bonvoy Elite members at the restaurant for breakfast time, a very useful perk.
Anti Covid measures were enforced by hotel management but there were some unruly tourists not wearing masks.
Greek hospitality was great and it made our holiday really enjoyable and relaxing.
Old Jun 17, 2022, 4:40 pm

Programs: SK Gold, AF Gold, Marriott Platinum
Does anyone know how this property treats award stays in terms of breakfast?
Old Jun 18, 2022, 8:14 pm

Programs: DL 2 MM Unobtainum | UA 1.1MM Gold | MR Bonvoy Titanium
Originally Posted by gojko88
Does anyone know how this property treats award stays in terms of breakfast?
Assuming you’re Platinum and above then it shouldn’t matter if you’re on an award or revenue stay. The breakfast buffet at the Sheraton was excellent from when I went last summer and the views of the sea was nice!
Old Jun 18, 2022, 9:13 pm

Programs: Marriott Bonvoy Titanium; OZ Diamond
I was there earlier this month and the breakfast buffet was still excellent. Great variety on the buffet and as Intl359 said, wonderful sea views. As an added bonus, there was an area at the breakfast restaurant with tables near the pool reserved for Platinum guests and above. My rate included breakfast, but at check in, the front desk associate mentioned I could have chosen the buffet breakfast in lieu of welcome points if it didn’t since I was Platinum or above. Have a wonderful time in Rhodes. This trip was my first time in Greece and I absolutely loved this property.
Nitehawk likes this.

Last edited by StarMan32; Jun 18, 2022 at 9:18 pm
Old Jun 19, 2022, 1:36 am

Programs: SK Gold, AF Gold, Marriott Platinum
Originally Posted by Intl359Widget
Assuming you’re Platinum and above then it shouldn’t matter if you’re on an award or revenue stay.
Just a Gold sadly hence my question.
Old Jul 5, 2022, 9:35 pm

Programs: NZ*G ELT, VA-G
The most bizarre thing happened when I tried to leave the hotel. I was 45 mins away from my early morning flight so I was in a hurry. The security guard asked me if I had checked out and wouldn't open the gate. He phoned the front desk and insisted that I return to the front desk to settle the bill. I argued why as they had my credit card details and they had no right to stop me from leaving but the guy wouldn't budge. I then had to drive up to the 7th floor where the reception is only to be handed a receipt. This is the stupidest thing a hotel can do. What is the Check-out bottom in the app for!!! I didn't miss my flight but imagine the unnecessary stress.
Old Jul 6, 2022, 1:20 am

Programs: Marriott Platinum - LT Gold
Originally Posted by Xiaotung
The most bizarre thing happened when I tried to leave the hotel. I was 45 mins away from my early morning flight so I was in a hurry. The security guard asked me if I had checked out and wouldn't open the gate. He phoned the front desk and insisted that I return to the front desk to settle the bill. I argued why as they had my credit card details and they had no right to stop me from leaving but the guy wouldn't budge. I then had to drive up to the 7th floor where the reception is only to be handed a receipt. This is the stupidest thing a hotel can do. What is the Check-out bottom in the app for!!! I didn't miss my flight but imagine the unnecessary stress.
Your story is missing information what you replied to the guard when he asked you if you have checked out.
Old Jul 6, 2022, 2:46 am

Originally Posted by joakgarp
Your story is missing information what you replied to the guard when he asked you if you have checked out.
I said I have checked out. What difference does it make? What if I said I had an early boat tour? Would they have not let me out? I doubt it. The fact that they insist check out must be in person is truly bizarre.
Old Jul 6, 2022, 6:21 am

Programs: UA 1K, Bonvoy LTTE, HH Dia, HY Expl
Clearly they must have had issues with charges being declined by a card issuer after they left so this is kind of understandable. You do realize that the hotel only "preauthorizes" your credit card when you check in and it does not charge the card at that time.
Old Jul 6, 2022, 7:18 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

This is not unusual outside of the USA. Some properties, in Thailand IIRC, require a paper checkout confirmation slip before they will let you depart with luggage. Those tend to be locations with high credit card fraud and properties are not protected if you initiate a charge back. Also keep in mind that security guard does not have access to your folio. You might have put down cash or debit card as a guarantee and prepared to pay cash.
Xiaotung and Intl359Widget like this.
Old Jul 6, 2022, 10:29 am

Programs: DL 2 MM Unobtainum | UA 1.1MM Gold | MR Bonvoy Titanium
I've had similar experiences in Asia utilizing the App for checking out but still required me to stop by the front desk to sign a receipt.
Old Jul 6, 2022, 11:59 am

Originally Posted by christianj
Clearly they must have had issues with charges being declined by a card issuer after they left so this is kind of understandable. You do realize that the hotel only "preauthorizes" your credit card when you check in and it does not charge the card at that time.
​​​​​​I definitely considered that but no. The security guard could just have asked the front desk to charge my card while I waited at the gate but no, they asked me to go back there and handed me a receipt already printed. Nothing else was required from me other than showing up.
Old Jul 6, 2022, 12:02 pm

Programs: None - previously UA
​​​​​​I definitely considered that but no. The security guard could just have asked the front desk to charge my card while I waited at the gate but no, they asked me to go back there and handed me a receipt already printed. Nothing else was required from me other than showing up.
He's just looking out for you, when your points don't autopost you wont have to wait another week to get the folio from the property to claim the points.
Intl359Widget likes this.
Old Jul 6, 2022, 12:33 pm

Originally Posted by escapefromphl
He's just looking out for you, when your points don't autopost you wont have to wait another week to get the folio from the property to claim the points.
Actually not even a folio but a POS slip. I didn't need that to risk missing my flight.

Now think about that I should just have said I needed to go to the supermarket. Bags were in the trunk so how would he know.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.