Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Marriott | Marriott Bonvoy
Reload this Page >

Sheraton Rhodes, Greece [Master Thread]

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Sheraton Rhodes, Greece [Master Thread]

Search this Thread

Old Apr 23, 2011, 12:25 pm

Programs: AC MM SE, Marriott Titanium - Lifetime Plat 2nd Class, National Executive, Avis PP
How was the Weather ?

We are also looking to visit this property in mid October - how did you find the weather at this time of year ?

Is there a club lounge for Plats with Breakfast ?

Thanks

CC
Old Apr 24, 2011, 12:15 am

Programs: AA 4MM EXP; Starwood Lifetime Plt
Originally Posted by Captain Canuck
We are also looking to visit this property in mid October - how did you find the weather at this time of year ?

Thanks

CC
The weather in October is normally pleasant for exploring the sights, but not for the beach or the pools, although there can be occasional heavy rain with flash flooding.

No club lounge, but breakfast was either included or offered for Platinum SPG.
Old Apr 24, 2011, 11:57 pm

Programs: UA/AA
Originally Posted by Captain Canuck

Thanks

CC
You never know. I was on Cyprus (about 250 miles east of Rhodes) in late October 2010, and the weather was magnificent (in the low 80's). The Mediterranean water does remain warm thru much of the early fall, so swimming is certainly possible.
Old Apr 25, 2011, 10:36 am

Programs: AC MM SE, Marriott Titanium - Lifetime Plat 2nd Class, National Executive, Avis PP
Thanks jaymar01 and ajnaro for the information !

Will post reports after my stay.

CC
Old Nov 3, 2011, 6:58 pm

Mrs CC and I stayed here for 4 days last week and were upgraded to a nice suite with a great view. There was no club floor/lounge and breakfast was not offered comp as a Plat (15 Euros each/day). We were staying on C&P, which is probabaly why breakfast was extra. Room had a nice fruit plate and 1/2 bottle of wine when we checked in.

Staff was very nice and certainly knew us well. It was very quiet (end of season) and ironically, we were the last guests to check out of the hotel before they closed for the off season !
Old May 22, 2012, 4:44 am

Any recent experiences from this property in terms of:

1. Breakfast as plat amenity. What´s continental breakfast like or do they offer full buffet?

2. Upgrade possibilities as plat. We would really like to stay in a junior suite the least, and have one booked on points right now (51k for a week, which is good value since the room is €280 pn). However, C&P just opened up, and offers even better value on standard rooms. Hence my question, has anyone been upgraded as plat on an award reservation and to what category?

One could argue the hotel probably will be sold out since it is high season, however the greek crisis and C&P availability tell otherwise.
Old Jun 26, 2012, 2:13 pm

Programs: Marriott + Hilton. Fly BA and AZ
Any recent visits?
Old Aug 7, 2012, 12:02 pm

Review

A review from my week long stay in middle July

Check-in
Booked a junior suite on points and asked for an plat upgrade to something bigger. Declined because the hotel was full, but asked to check back the next morning. (when I complained the day after, I got the "second best room in the hotel after the presidential suite" called an Aegan suite on the top floor, see below)

Offered full bkfst as plat amenity (the welcome gift was some strange vase and bottle of wine package...)

Jr suite
The jr suite was nicely appointed and held a king size as well as a sofa+table. The balcony was pretty big with nice views over , however felt a bit squeesed since it is sided by walls.

A nice touch was a fruite plate and chilled bottle of wine complimentary offered.

Now the two big minuses
1. The room was on the third floor, very close to the main walkway and the noisy pool area and. The worst possible location of a jr suite in the entire property. Wonder why they gave it to a plat?
2. We were terribly disturbed by some constant noise coming from behind the elevators (probably the main AC). Me and me fiancee are quite young and are normally not disturbed by for instance bar noise a Ws, but this was just too much.

Avoid this room 311 at all cost!

Aegan suite
After complaining in the morning we were upgraded to a top floor Aegan suite, which they claimed were held out of sellable/upgradable inventory to accomodate regulars. This was nicely handled by the property as I heard several other guests also wanting to switch rooms, but were declined since the hotel was full.

The room itself is just a little bigger than the jr suite which a separate living room area, but has astonishing views and a large terrace with sun beds. These came handy since it was almost impossible to get a sun bed elsewhere...

Facilities
The facilities are overall nice but under dimensioned if the hotel runs at full capacity. This was especielly true for the sunbeds (a horrible experience with people leaving their towels for hours and the property doing nothing about it) but also for the gym with just two working treadmills for a 400+ rooms property.

Food
We had all breakfasts, most lunches and two dinners at the hotel.

Breakfast is a sad story - first you have to wait up to 15 min to get a table, regardless if you arrive early or late. (I suppose this is because bkfts is included in almost all rates.) Then you find out it is almost not worth waiting for - pastries are dry, bacon rather boiled than fried, orange juice tastes lemonade...you get it. A shame for a five star.

Lunch is ok if you like standard greek (souvlaki, gyros) or pizza but pretty expensive

Dinner at the signature restaurant on the other hand was lovely - especially the pasta. We didn´t try the buffet restaurant since it is the same place where breakfast is served...

Staff
Very polite and helpfull with some minor exceptions.

Overall: 4/5 - we had a great experience overall and the aegan suite was awesome, but the hotel can certainly improve it´s standards when it comes to breakfast and sun bed management. Not to mention giving 311 to plats.
Old May 14, 2015, 7:27 am

Programs: AA Gold, HH Diamond, UA Silver
Any Recent Stays?

I'll be visiting Rhodes this summer with my family, and the Sheraton has a reasonable rate for a family room that will work for us. Looks like the last posting on this property was almost three years ago - if anyone has stayed here more recently, could you let me know what you thought of the property?
Old May 14, 2015, 8:19 am

Programs: SPG LTP, hotels, OWE, STE+, *G, Octopus
I stayed there 2 years ago, don't know if I have anything to add to the reviewer above except that the normal rooms were so so (no suite upgrade) and the décor felt a bit underwhelming all over.
Old Jul 9, 2015, 2:47 pm

Programs: AA, DL, HH, NW, UA, SPG
Any recent stays. Can someone comment on the hotel now.
Old Sep 8, 2015, 2:33 pm

Programs: AA Gold, HH Diamond, UA Silver
I stayed three nights at the Sheraton Rhodes in August, and wanted to provide some recent feedback on the property. We were there as part of a family vacation, and as such I thought the Sheraton was a pretty good choice. We booked a family room, which was quite spacious (plenty of room for a king bed and 2 single beds). I only have "preferred plus" status with SPG, but the hotel did upgrade me from my "mountain view" room to an "ocean view" room, which I quite appreciated, as it came with a nice balcony where my wife and I could sip our wine after the kids went to bed. As you might expect in peak season, the hotel was extremely crowded; this was most noticeable at breakfast time, when the elevators were overflowing and the breakfast area looked like a train station. The breakfast spread was extensive, with more variety than I've seen in a while, and the possibility of outdoor seating near the pool (usually requiring a wait). For you Gold and Plat members, there was a special seating area that never seemed full, so you would likely be guaranteed a nice spot outside if desired. Unfortunately for me, I didn't think the quality of the food items was very good (no doubt a function of the amount of food they need to produce every day); even my kids were somewhat disappointed with the pastries (which rarely happens). I liked the Sheraton beach- it is connected to the hotel via an underpass beneath the main road, and has ample chairs, hot showers, and clean changing rooms. It is a bit rocky, but my kids enjoyed it more than one of the "nicer" beaches on the other side of the island. They also liked the pools, which were warm and not too crowded. The hotel has a kids club, but it seems to focus on very young children, so we didn't take advantage of their offerings.
There were a few negatives to our stay-- the hotel plumbing was constructed such that when anyone above us flushed, our toilet would sympathetically flush as well (a bit annoying late at night). The elevator wiring kept getting screwed up, such that pressing the down button would only bring an up elevator, and vice versa. Needless to say this caused great chaos at breakfast time. Also, the hotel provides one towel per person per day for the beach/pool; my wife was annoyed when she attempted to exchange a towel for a clean one late in the day and was told that no fresh towels were allowed during the day (she wanted me to mention that fact).
The hotel is a bit of a drive from Rhodes Town, but there are some shops and restaurants a short walk away if you don't want to drive. Lots of other hotels in the vicinity, so the main road stays busy with pedestrians late into the night.
Overall, the Sheraton worked well as a family hotel, and I'd definitely stay there again if returning to Rhodes with my kids.
Old Jan 5, 2016, 12:35 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Bonvoy Lifetime Titanium, IHG Plat, HH Gold, Trident Plat, DL Diamond, AI Maharajah
Originally Posted by whimsey21
The hotel has a kids club, but it seems to focus on very young children, so we didn't take advantage of their offerings.
would you be able to give a little more info on the kids club????i will be staying here this summer with 2 small kids so this would be a great benefit for us....
Old Jan 5, 2016, 2:54 am

Programs: SPG Platinum & Gold for life, M&M Senator, Flying Blue Platinum,
Originally Posted by Keyser
would you be able to give a little more info on the kids club????i will be staying here this summer with 2 small kids so this would be a great benefit for us....
How young are your kids?
Stayed at the resort 2 years ago and my son loved it, he was 4 years old back then.
They organize different activities each day such as crafting and games in the kids plunge pool.
I believe they also organize twice a week a mini disco for the kids in the evenings.

I would say the activities are ideal for kid between 4 and 6.
Old Jan 5, 2016, 4:04 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Bonvoy Lifetime Titanium, IHG Plat, HH Gold, Trident Plat, DL Diamond, AI Maharajah
Originally Posted by Remcod
How young are your kids?
Stayed at the resort 2 years ago and my son loved it, he was 4 years old back then.
They organize different activities each day such as crafting and games in the kids plunge pool.
I believe they also organize twice a week a mini disco for the kids in the evenings.

I would say the activities are ideal for kid between 4 and 6.
by the time i stay in the summer the older one will be almost 4 & the younger one will be 2....

sounds good....seems like the kids will have fun....

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.