Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Marriott | Marriott Bonvoy
Reload this Page >

Sheraton Rhodes, Greece [Master Thread]

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Sheraton Rhodes, Greece [Master Thread]

Search this Thread

Old Aug 4, 2020, 9:17 am

Programs: Some
Originally Posted by nufnuf77
I agree with what you say. I am used to different standard especially staying mostly in Asia. If they didnt market themselves as 5 star property a lot of these would be non-issues, but i expect better when you charge top dollar (well 400 euro is base rate for the suite we have) and claim to be top notch.

Yes there are restaurants around 500 metres out in village centre but they cater mostly to british/german tourist market i think based on the looks of it
Your stay definitely sounds disappointing but, without wishing to be rude, you possibly need to be more realistic if you are going to spend more time staying at European resort hotels at the peak time in summer! You need to benchmark pricing to a market like Japan, not South East Asia. Less than EUR 400 per night doesn’t represent top dollar for a top suite in the middle of summer, you’ll normally struggle to get an entry level room at a proper 5 star hotel at this time of year for that price.
sapman986 and joakgarp like this.
Old Aug 4, 2020, 1:59 pm
Hilton Contributor Badge

Programs: LH HON, BA GGL, AF Plat, EK Plat
Originally Posted by lost_in_translation
Your stay definitely sounds disappointing but, without wishing to be rude, you possibly need to be more realistic if you are going to spend more time staying at European resort hotels at the peak time in summer! You need to benchmark pricing to a market like Japan, not South East Asia. Less than EUR 400 per night doesn’t represent top dollar for a top suite in the middle of summer, you’ll normally struggle to get an entry level room at a proper 5 star hotel at this time of year for that price.
Not rude at all and I completely agree. 400 euro is i think based on heavy discounting due to occupancy sub 20%.
But I will not lower my standard. I rather leave Europe now that I sorted the paperwork i needed. we have a few more hotels to hit (IC Athens, PH Vienna) and we will be off either to Asia or carribean, pending covid borders
Old Aug 5, 2020, 2:58 pm

My wife and I stayed at this Hotel for a week last September and thought it was fantastic, we will definitely be back.
We never ate in the Hotel other than breakfast which was in a bonvoy members only area.
we got upgraded to a fantastic suite.
If you turn left at the hotel gates and walk around 800 metres then there are an abundance of restaurants which seemed to cater for most needs.
I think the limited food service could be down to the current Covid situation.
360guy likes this.
Old May 6, 2021, 11:10 am
Hilton 25+ BadgeMarriott 10+ Badge

Hi,

I was just wondering is this property open year round or seasonal? I tried to find rates for Feb 2022, but I see no availability.
Could not find this information on the website of the hotel itself.

Thanks in advance.
Cheers!
Old May 6, 2021, 12:24 pm

No-- seasonal MAY- OCTOBER
Old May 6, 2021, 12:26 pm

Originally Posted by nldogbert
Hi,

I was just wondering is this property open year round or seasonal? I tried to find rates for Feb 2022, but I see no availability.
Could not find this information on the website of the hotel itself.

Thanks in advance.
Cheers!
Seems likely, during COVID. This article says the resort only operated from July 28 to October 31 last year.

The article also says the owners don't expect demand to return to normal across their Greek properties (which are mainly in Athens) until 2024-2025

https://www.insider.gr/epiheiriseis/...heiakoy-kladoy
Old Jun 11, 2021, 1:02 pm

Programs: DL 2 MM Unobtainum | UA 1.1MM Gold | MR Bonvoy Titanium
Χαίρετε!

Hello from the Sheraton Rhodes! I wanted to share my experiences in case other FT’ers are thinking of traveling here anytime soon as we are still in the COVID-19 pandemic.

I made my reservation two days prior to my arrival as this was a last minute trip to Greece. Originally booked the Classic Room with a King Bed and Garden View and was proactively upgraded to a Junior Suite with a King Bed and Sea View as a Titanium. When I arrived this morning the occupancy didn’t seem to be higher than 20 percent based on the number of people that I saw today which is mind boggling as I expected this place to be half full of British holiday makers and Americans.

The staff is very friendly and they will do their best during these difficult times and as reported earlier in the thread this property is only open during the summer so the staff are trying their best. I received a Sheraton from Rhodes welcome amenity bag that included local snacks, sweets, olive oil, and honey. Yummmm! This was in addition to the 1,000 points or Breakfast choice (My rate had already included breakfast so I took the points).

The hotel has three different pools that guests are welcome to enjoy and has direct access to the beach with a tunnel under the roadway. The pebble beach was gorgeous and you can walk on the sand for the most part though it’s a bit of a pain to get in the water with the rocks.

I availed myself to the dinner buffet tonight as I had to do some work in the evening.It was very good for 25€ considering the value and convenience. I do plan on heading into Rhodes tomorrow for more authentic Greek delicacies and cuisine. If anyone has any questions, I am more than happy to answer them while I am still here in Ródos.
Old Jun 18, 2021, 4:05 pm

Programs: Marriott TITANIUM, BWR Dia, IHG, Millemiglia Alitalia
Originally Posted by Intl359Widget
Χαίρετε!

Hello from the Sheraton Rhodes! I wanted to share my experiences in case other FT’ers are thinking of traveling here anytime soon as we are still in the COVID-19 pandemic.

I made my reservation two days prior to my arrival as this was a last minute trip to Greece. Originally booked the Classic Room with a King Bed and Garden View and was proactively upgraded to a Junior Suite with a King Bed and Sea View as a Titanium. When I arrived this morning the occupancy didn’t seem to be higher than 20 percent based on the number of people that I saw today which is mind boggling as I expected this place to be half full of British holiday makers and Americans.

The staff is very friendly and they will do their best during these difficult times and as reported earlier in the thread this property is only open during the summer so the staff are trying their best. I received a Sheraton from Rhodes welcome amenity bag that included local snacks, sweets, olive oil, and honey. Yummmm! This was in addition to the 1,000 points or Breakfast choice (My rate had already included breakfast so I took the points).

The hotel has three different pools that guests are welcome to enjoy and has direct access to the beach with a tunnel under the roadway. The pebble beach was gorgeous and you can walk on the sand for the most part though it’s a bit of a pain to get in the water with the rocks.

I availed myself to the dinner buffet tonight as I had to do some work in the evening.It was very good for 25€ considering the value and convenience. I do plan on heading into Rhodes tomorrow for more authentic Greek delicacies and cuisine. If anyone has any questions, I am more than happy to answer them while I am still here in Ródos.
Great! I have just completed a booking here for 8 days in August, I hope to get the same treatment being a Titanium as well, but the hotel will be more crowded for sure.
Rates are quite high for August, the full board package I booked is 300€ per day.
I hope to enjoy the beach and the sea (can you swim in this area?)
Old Jun 25, 2021, 12:22 pm

Programs: A3(*G), Marriott Platinum, Hilton Diamond, IHG Diamond Ambassador
+1 for Sheraton Rhodes

I just completed a short stay (from close to midnight on Sat 19 JUN to 9AM checkout on Tue 22nd) with only two full days to enjoy it. The original point of the trip was to ensure I got the 4 A3 segments needed to remain *G but 2 days before the flight I got an email from Aegean that my status had been extended for another 12 months

I booked a basic room (Garden view) and then a couple of days before I arrived I sent them a friendly request for a Suite upgrade. The next day the App showed my room as having been upgraded to the Aegean Suite. Once I checked in and realised how nice the room and location was (a great panoramic sea view from my 12th floor balcony) I wished I'd booked a slightly longer stay.

At check-in I asked the FD clerk what the occupancy was and he said it was around 40%. The almost total absence of Brits means that the place is still very quiet for the time of year. Fully jabbed travellers from other EU countries have no issues coming to GR right now but people in the UK would need to quarantine on return and that keeps most of them away.

I decided to eat at the hotel restaurant both evenings and the food was excellent, even down to the locally sourced olive oil (Alexandros). I went for the sea bass and the crispy shrimp (only slight complaint was the sauce for the shrimp was a bit too sweet for my taste) with the L'U Italian Chardonnay. No complaints at all. The freshly baked pita was delicious too.
My one mark-down is for the breakfast buffet - the food seems nothing particularly special and some of the selections in the hot food area are closer to lukewarm than hot (baked beans were the worst on this score). Coffee was nothing special either. It would just about suffice for a 4* place but definitely subpar for a 5*. This was the main reason for me choosing a la carte in the evening rather than trying the buffet offer (though I'm sure the evening buffet would have been better quality than the breakfast offering).

I spent much more time on the beach than by the pools, and it's a nice touch to be able to walk through the tunnel without crossing the road. There is a 6th floor pool that's apparently reserved for elites (although how they enforce that I don't know as you can just rock up there and use it) but it's unheated.

The staff were all nice and helpful and the serving staff in Onda remembered me from the day before and offered me the same table.

I'll certainly come back.... and soon!
Old Jun 26, 2021, 1:25 am

Thanks YURTRIPPER !
I am looking forward my next holiday in august there!
Intl359Widget likes this.
Old Jun 26, 2021, 3:18 am

Programs: DL 2 MM Unobtainum | UA 1.1MM Gold | MR Bonvoy Titanium
Originally Posted by yurtripper
+1 for Sheraton Rhodes

I just completed a short stay (from close to midnight on Sat 19 JUN to 9AM checkout on Tue 22nd) with only two full days to enjoy it. The original point of the trip was to ensure I got the 4 A3 segments needed to remain *G but 2 days before the flight I got an email from Aegean that my status had been extended for another 12 months

I booked a basic room (Garden view) and then a couple of days before I arrived I sent them a friendly request for a Suite upgrade. The next day the App showed my room as having been upgraded to the Aegean Suite. Once I checked in and realised how nice the room and location was (a great panoramic sea view from my 12th floor balcony) I wished I'd booked a slightly longer stay.

At check-in I asked the FD clerk what the occupancy was and he said it was around 40%. The almost total absence of Brits means that the place is still very quiet for the time of year. Fully jabbed travellers from other EU countries have no issues coming to GR right now but people in the UK would need to quarantine on return and that keeps most of them away.

I decided to eat at the hotel restaurant both evenings and the food was excellent, even down to the locally sourced olive oil (Alexandros). I went for the sea bass and the crispy shrimp (only slight complaint was the sauce for the shrimp was a bit too sweet for my taste) with the L'U Italian Chardonnay. No complaints at all. The freshly baked pita was delicious too.
My one mark-down is for the breakfast buffet - the food seems nothing particularly special and some of the selections in the hot food area are closer to lukewarm than hot (baked beans were the worst on this score). Coffee was nothing special either. It would just about suffice for a 4* place but definitely subpar for a 5*. This was the main reason for me choosing a la carte in the evening rather than trying the buffet offer (though I'm sure the evening buffet would have been better quality than the breakfast offering).

I spent much more time on the beach than by the pools, and it's a nice touch to be able to walk through the tunnel without crossing the road. There is a 6th floor pool that's apparently reserved for elites (although how they enforce that I don't know as you can just rock up there and use it) but it's unheated.

The staff were all nice and helpful and the serving staff in Onda remembered me from the day before and offered me the same table.

I'll certainly come back.... and soon!
I should have asked for the Aegean Suite but I was quite satisfied with my Junior Suite. Overall I would give this property a 4.5* based on the friendliness of the staff, the location, and the amenities as well!

I need to go back so I can buy some local olive oil especially Alexandros. That stuff is really tasty and smooth without any acidity (you know what I mean).

I’m glad you enjoyed your stay and I hope you had an opportunity to walk around the old town and port.
GoldenItalianBoy likes this.
Old Jun 28, 2021, 10:12 am

Programs: A3(*G), Marriott Platinum, Hilton Diamond, IHG Diamond Ambassador
Originally Posted by Intl359Widget
I should have asked for the Aegean Suite but I was quite satisfied with my Junior Suite. Overall I would give this property a 4.5* based on the friendliness of the staff, the location, and the amenities as well!

I need to go back so I can buy some local olive oil especially Alexandros. That stuff is really tasty and smooth without any acidity (you know what I mean).

I’m glad you enjoyed your stay and I hope you had an opportunity to walk around the old town and port.
Thanks, I was there in 2019, when I had plenty of time for sightseeing in the old town etc, so as I only had 2 full days I just chilled out in the hotel complex and around the beach
Old Aug 3, 2021, 12:30 pm

I'll have a stay here in the next half of August.... should I be concerned about Covid situation in Rhodes? Any recent experience?
Old Aug 3, 2021, 1:35 pm

Covid seems to be the least problem they have right now on the island.
Old Aug 3, 2021, 6:39 pm

I Googled and, to clarify, the previous poster is referring to disastrous wildfires right now on the island:

https://greekreporter.com/2021/08/01...without-power/

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.