Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Marriott | Marriott Bonvoy
Reload this Page >

Westin Siray Bay, Phuket, Thailand (Rebranding to an RC in 2025)[Master Thread]

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Westin Siray Bay, Phuket, Thailand (Rebranding to an RC in 2025)[Master Thread]

Search this Thread

Old Oct 22, 2010, 3:03 am

Originally Posted by m0hamed
If you have 1,000 points use SPG50. Was able to get the One Bedroom Sala Pool Villa for11,500 THB per night.
I think I'll buy 500 points for $14 and use them...
oh, might have to buy 1000 for each night...

btw, if someone is plannin to stay here over the New Year's, have you sorted the NY eve yet? apparently, the resort is not doing anythig
Old Oct 22, 2010, 3:08 am

Programs: UA-1k, 1mm, Marriott-LT Platinum, Hertz-Presidents Circle
Originally Posted by coolestChip
I think I'll buy 500 points for $14 and use them...
oh, might have to buy 1000 for each night...

btw, if someone is plannin to stay here over the New Year's, have you sorted the NY eve yet? apparently, the resort is not doing anythig
You don't need SPG50's per night. SPG50's are good for up to 5 nights.
Old Oct 26, 2010, 7:57 am

Programs: LH Senator, AB topbonus Gold, SPG Lifetime Gold, MR Silver, SIXT Platinum, HERTZ Gold 5*
I have a booking in February for 11 nights (63,000 points) and already asked for an upgrade to a room with pool access.
Answer was that upgrades would be charged at 8,000 points per room per night. This must be a communication error as this would mean that I'd have to spend 15,000 points per night. This cannot be possible, or did they actually mean 8,000 for the upgrade for the entire stay? Who knows...
Asked them again, but communication seems to be very difficult with reservation department.
Any info from you guys on whom to contact best at this resort? The GM is not an option, I assume...
Cheers,
Ollie

Last edited by olliwi; Oct 27, 2010 at 6:53 am
Old Oct 26, 2010, 8:59 am

Programs: SPG & CO Plat.
Originally Posted by olliwi
I have a booking in February for 11 nights (63,000 points) and asked for an upgrade to a room with pool access already.
Answer was that upgrades would be charged at 8,000 points per room per night. This must be a communication error as this would mean that I'd have to spend 15,000 points per night. This cannot be possible, or did they actually mean 8,000 for the upgrade for the entire stay? Who knows...
Asked them again, but communication seems to be very difficult with reservation department.
Any info from you guys on whom to contact best at this resort? The GM is not an option, I assume...
Cheers,
Ollie
If by "upgrade to a room with pool access already" you mean a room with a private pool, then 8k points per night may well be the correct number. You have asked for a guaranteed upgrade to a nicer room than given for standard award stays, and upgrades have a price.

If you are plat, then you can take your chances and see what the SPG gods deliver ...

Safe travels!
Old Oct 27, 2010, 6:48 am

Programs: LH Senator, AB topbonus Gold, SPG Lifetime Gold, MR Silver, SIXT Platinum, HERTZ Gold 5*
Private pool is not even necessary as I understand that they also have regular pool access rooms which are actually divided/seperated by small walls or seperators or else...
Can anyone comment on this or has seen this at this resort?
Old Oct 27, 2010, 7:59 am
formerly known as 2lovelife

Location: ORF : UA_Premier_Gold4Life, Bonvoy_titanium, Accor_Plat
I thought that suites were available for double the normal rate. Iwould think that this makes the rate an additional 7000/night (total 14,000). Much better than the 23,000/night cash that they're aking for a villa.
Old Oct 27, 2010, 9:13 am

Private pool is not even necessary as I understand that they also have regular pool access rooms which are actually divided/seperated by small walls or seperators or else...
Okay - we seem to have a failure to communicate.

What do you mean by "regular pool access rooms?" That is a term of art with which I am unfamiliar.

I have stayed at this property and it sounds like you are asking for one of the suites that has a common pool for 4 suites that has the above-water dividers. There is nothing regular about these rooms. They are, if not suites, then specialty rooms. They are an upgrade. They cost more points.
Old Oct 27, 2010, 11:47 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

They don't have rooms with pool access. Some, but not all, suites have pool access which may be shared with suite next door.
Old Oct 27, 2010, 11:59 pm

@FatManInNYC / TerryK

They DO have rooms with pool access that they do not call "suites"!
At the Westin Siray Bay they call this "Superior Sea View Pool Access Room".
Original quote from an email I received yesterday:

"A 50sqm sanctuary including balcony with spectacular sweeping ocean views
coupled with luxurious services and facilities to renew your body, mind and soul. Each room features modern and sophisticated furnishings including Westin’s signature Heavenly Bed®, decadent rainforest showers, luxurious bathrooms and an outdoor balcony overlooking Siray Bay, as well as being equipped with the latest technology including state of the art media and iPod docking stations, 37 inch LCD televisions, DVD players, and high speed internet access. Superior Sea View rooms with Pool Access feature shared plunge pools for you to refresh at your leisure.
Moreover superior Sea View Pool Access is located on the first floor and you can directly to share plunge pool from your own balcony and all rooms are over looking to the beautiful andaman sea."

Alright, 'superior' is not 'regular', but at the end of the day we finally got the answer
Pictures will be published end of February 2011...

Last edited by olliwi; Oct 28, 2010 at 12:06 am
Old Oct 28, 2010, 1:46 am

They DO have rooms with pool access that they do not call "suites"!
At the Westin Siray Bay they call this "Superior Sea View Pool Access Room".
Original quote from an email I received yesterday:

"A 50sqm sanctuary including balcony with spectacular sweeping ocean views
coupled with luxurious services and facilities to renew your body, mind and soul. Each room features modern and sophisticated furnishings including Westin’s signature Heavenly Bed®, decadent rainforest showers, luxurious bathrooms and an outdoor balcony overlooking Siray Bay, as well as being equipped with the latest technology including state of the art media and iPod docking stations, 37 inch LCD televisions, DVD players, and high speed internet access. Superior Sea View rooms with Pool Access feature shared plunge pools for you to refresh at your leisure.
Moreover superior Sea View Pool Access is located on the first floor and you can directly to share plunge pool from your own balcony and all rooms are over looking to the beautiful andaman sea."

Alright, 'superior' is not 'regular', but at the end of the day we finally got the answer
Pictures will be published end of February 2011...
Enjoy your stay. It was the use of "regular" that was tripping everyone up.
So did you confirm the points needed?

Having only stayed in a sala with a private pool at this property, I was unsure what rooms the masses with the shared "plunge" pools were given.

Safe Travels, looking forward to seeing your photos.
Old Oct 28, 2010, 4:34 am

Talking

Originally Posted by FatManInNYC

Having only stayed in a sala with a private pool at this property, I was unsure what rooms the masses with the shared "plunge" pools were given.

I chose the cash upgrade for ridiculous THB 1,500 per night which is literally nothing.

Greetings from the regular SPG guest who greets from the First Class Lounge in Frankfurt and Bangkok - "It's the journey not the destination that counts"
Old Oct 28, 2010, 1:01 pm

Programs: UA-1k, 1mm, Marriott-LT Platinum, Hertz-Presidents Circle

The "masses"? Rooms with plunge pools aren't low end rooms or entry level at all. The Sala rooms are certainly a step up but it isn't like you are royalty compared to peasants in your analogy.
Old Oct 28, 2010, 8:19 pm

Originally Posted by schley
The "masses"? Rooms with plunge pools aren't low end rooms or entry level at all. The Sala rooms are certainly a step up but it isn't like you are royalty compared to peasants in your analogy.
See the big smiley face, above? The one that looks like this: ?

That's one of them things we here on the Internets like to call an emoticon. It helps convey emotion and context.

In other words: I was j-o-k-i-n-g.

As indicated in my trip report, I got lucky on an upgrade. I am a humble and simple fellow. A peasant, really, tasked with plowing the rich soil of FT, my place is well known.
Old Oct 28, 2010, 8:23 pm

I chose the cash upgrade for ridiculous THB 1,500 per night which is literally nothing.

Greetings from the regular SPG guest who greets from the First Class Lounge in Frankfurt and Bangkok - "It's the journey not the destination that counts"
Good call. Conventional Wisdom is to buy SPG points at $.025 while using them at $.035.

$45 USD or 8k points ... You can get a lot more for your 8k points, including an extra night at the hotel.
Old Oct 28, 2010, 11:14 pm

See the big smiley face, above? The one that looks like this: ?

That's one of them things we here on the Internets like to call an emoticon. It helps convey emotion and context.

In other words: I was j-o-k-i-n-g.

As indicated in my trip report, I got lucky on an upgrade. I am a humble and simple fellow. A peasant, really, tasked with plowing the rich soil of FT, my place is well known.
Dont't worry about it! At least I knew how to take your comment.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.