Search
Old Sep 11, 2019, 9:23 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: ryandc99
Email contact at hotel: [email protected]
Official Grand Opening
November 1st, 2019

Room types
Overwater Pool Villa (10 sunrise, 9 sunset)
- Maximum occupancy 3 guests (2 adults and one child or 3 adults)
- 2519 sqft
Beach Pool Villa (13 sunrise, 3 sunset)
- 2669 sqft

Duplex Overwater Pool Villa (12 villas)
- 2949 sqft

Duplex Beach Pool Villa (13 villas)
- Maximum occupancy 5 guests (2 adults and 3 children or 5 adults)
- 3068 sqft

Royal Pool Villa (1 villa)

Offseason upgrades (as of September 2019)
From Overwater Pool Villa Sunrise to Sunset is additional, USD 182++ per night.
From Overwater Pool Villa Sunrise to Duplex Overwater Pool Villa is USD 546++ per night.
February 2020 upgrade price from Beach or OVW Sunrise to OVW Sunset USD 136++ per night.

Transportation

Seaplane - $600 per adult r/t
- JW Maldives has a seaplane lounge and will provide transportation to and from the MLE airport or hotel on Male.

Domestic flight w/ speedboat - $600 per adult r/t
- You can mix domestic flight one-way and seaplane one-way
- Domestic flight is currently to Ifuru Domestic Airport (70 min) and then a speedboat (50 min)
- Funadhoo Domestic Airport may be open by the end of 2019 cutting down the length of speedboat trip
- Domestic flight is the best option for those arriving after 3pm to MLE

Restaurants
Menus as of mid-October: https://drive.google.com/open?id=1VarY3T33N_xWEdangWGkH6JztUU8sA8Y

Aailaa – breakfast/lunch/dinner, 96 seats all-day dining restaurant
Fiamma – Lunch, Italian pizza 20 seats
Kaashi – Lunch, Treetop Thai restaurant 30 seats
Hashi – Dinner, Japanese 24 seats (reservations required)
Shio – Dinner, Modern grill 24 seats (reservations required)
Riha – Dinner, Indian/Curry Pit 24 seats, “under the stars” (reservations required)
In-Villa Dining - breakfast/lunch/dinner
Fork & Drink - lunch/dinner, destination dining, they set up a table anywhere on the island?

Activities

Lounge 18 – club house for “adults” w/ cigar room, billiards table, karaoke, board games, etc..
Pool 18 – 18 years+ pool
Horizon Pool
Little Griffins (Kids club/pool)
Open Air Cinema – nightly movie
Photo studio
Print Wikipost

JW Maldives [Master Thread]

Search this Thread

Old Aug 5, 2019, 4:10 pm

Originally Posted by fdem

i would notgo to the maldives outside peak season as weather can be bad. Matters more in the Maldives as if the weather is bad there is nothing to do. The only decent house reef is at the W ( haven’t stayed at any other Bonvoy resorts but as they were built later most of the decent islands have been snapped up) would recommend so Soneva fushi which is one of the original properties or the Taj. I cannot understand why prices are still so high for rainy season. I think to encourage me to visit during our summer you would have to pay me. You may be lucky with the weather as some have reported but at those still high prices I would be hesitant to visit then
Fair enough. I guess if offpeak pricing is really good, then maybe it'd be attractive then but if it's the same price, better to plan for good weather season.
Old Aug 5, 2019, 7:30 pm

Programs: AAdvantage EP 2.1MM; Bonvoy LT-Plat; Hyatt Globalist; Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by spellbound2
We have done transfers a few times and each time it was a bit long since we were going to different atolls and took seaplanes, but it looks like you may have 2 resorts in the same atoll and you may have a boat transfer option. Check with each property and I'm sure they'll be happy to help.
thanks! Even though i have confirmed room, JW is slow to respond. Im not certain they have all the details worked out either. Will chk with Cheval and see what the damage will be.
Old Aug 6, 2019, 11:49 am

Originally Posted by bl393

thanks! Even though i have confirmed room, JW is slow to respond. Im not certain they have all the details worked out either. Will chk with Cheval and see what the damage will be.
Most of my correspondence has been pushed through the reservations manager at the JW. They seem flexible on transportation. For example, for the same price you can either take the direct seaplane flight or you can take a domestic flight to Ifuru and then their speedboat to the resort if your schedule doesn't allow for the seaplane.

Though I am guessing the speedboat trip would benefit the resort if they need to pick up supplies, whereas if they have to take you to another island (even if it were equal travel distance) maybe they'd charge more?
Old Aug 6, 2019, 6:48 pm

Originally Posted by Astrophsx
60 days has been the policy since they started taking reservations unless something changed, I booked within the first week they opened up reservations.
60 days was not the policy the first few days that booking was available...I have 2 bookings that are both 2 days before arrival for cancellation
Old Aug 7, 2019, 12:14 pm

I might have missed it. But do they have a lounge for waiting for the seaplane?

I am deciding between my W booking and the JW. I booked the W before the devaluation, at 240k for the beach villa. The JW would be 340k but guaranteed OVW. It is a hard decision, got to wait for more photos/reports on JW. I will be at one of these at the end of November.
Old Aug 7, 2019, 5:53 pm

Originally Posted by davidrwu
I might have missed it. But do they have a lounge for waiting for the seaplane?

I am deciding between my W booking and the JW. I booked the W before the devaluation, at 240k for the beach villa. The JW would be 340k but guaranteed OVW. It is a hard decision, got to wait for more photos/reports on JW. I will be at one of these at the end of November.
Their reservations manager stated they will send "welcome ambassadors" to the Velana International Airport and direct you to the dedicated JW Marriott seaplane lounge.
Old Aug 14, 2019, 10:58 am

Anyone going in the opening months?
Old Aug 15, 2019, 9:05 am

Originally Posted by tylerc
60 days was not the policy the first few days that booking was available...I have 2 bookings that are both 2 days before arrival for cancellation
What's interesting is on my e-reservation it states 60 days, but when I click the cancellation policy link below it states 15 days.

I'm curious to see what happens with this new peak and off-peak pricing as it kicks in September 14th. TPG is suggesting that if you did a points advance stay and the days you are staying eventually falls into off-peak you'll pay the off-peak price. If your days fall under peak pricing you may have to call in to have them honored at the standard rate.

For some reason the JW Maldives is honoring reservations made for stays between September 15 and October 31st, but not allowing new reservations to be made. So I'm not sure how that will impact the peak/off-peak pricing for September/October.
Old Aug 15, 2019, 2:37 pm

Programs: Marriott Bonvoy Platinum, Hilton Honors Diamond, Delta Gold
Originally Posted by tylerc
I made a booking today and it's 31 days before arrival for the cancellation. So it seems like it varies.

I'm hoping I made the right choice booking here, because I wanted a guaranteed OWV and I really really wanted to stay at the St Regis but it's 890k points there for OVW as opposed to 340k here.
Old Aug 15, 2019, 3:08 pm

Originally Posted by MME2YYZ
I have the JW and the W booked on points (JW OWV and W BV) for next May, I will decide which to cancel once reviews for the JW are available. The ST R did not appeal to me
Just curious, why did STR not appeal to you?
bhrubin likes this.
Old Aug 15, 2019, 5:28 pm

Programs: SE100K, Bonvoy Ambassador, National Executive
There have been spotty reviews and I wanted good snorkeling the reef at the St R doesn’t sound as good
Old Aug 15, 2019, 9:51 pm

There have been spotty reviews and I wanted good snorkeling the reef at the St R doesn’t sound as good
You can check out https://www.instagram.com/muhthy/ for photos and videos of the reef and marine life around the JW. The ones that are tagged JW Marriott Maldives & Vagaru.
Old Aug 20, 2019, 5:26 am

Ah, I can't really comment on the snorkelling but otherwise STR was great both times, albeit seemed a bit better the first time. The breakfast at STR is fantastic, though I'm sure JW will be as well.
Old Aug 21, 2019, 8:55 am

Programs: MR/SPG Plat, HH Gold, DL PM
This no longer appears to be open for points booking. Maybe they're holding out until after 9/14.
Old Aug 21, 2019, 9:33 am

Originally Posted by Saidoh
This no longer appears to be open for points booking. Maybe they're holding out until after 9/14.
Yes, it sure is. Not sure what dates you are looking at, but I was able to book 5 nights just a few minutes ago.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.