Search
Old Sep 11, 2019, 9:23 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: ryandc99
Email contact at hotel: [email protected]
Official Grand Opening
November 1st, 2019

Room types
Overwater Pool Villa (10 sunrise, 9 sunset)
- Maximum occupancy 3 guests (2 adults and one child or 3 adults)
- 2519 sqft
Beach Pool Villa (13 sunrise, 3 sunset)
- 2669 sqft

Duplex Overwater Pool Villa (12 villas)
- 2949 sqft

Duplex Beach Pool Villa (13 villas)
- Maximum occupancy 5 guests (2 adults and 3 children or 5 adults)
- 3068 sqft

Royal Pool Villa (1 villa)

Offseason upgrades (as of September 2019)
From Overwater Pool Villa Sunrise to Sunset is additional, USD 182++ per night.
From Overwater Pool Villa Sunrise to Duplex Overwater Pool Villa is USD 546++ per night.
February 2020 upgrade price from Beach or OVW Sunrise to OVW Sunset USD 136++ per night.

Transportation

Seaplane - $600 per adult r/t
- JW Maldives has a seaplane lounge and will provide transportation to and from the MLE airport or hotel on Male.

Domestic flight w/ speedboat - $600 per adult r/t
- You can mix domestic flight one-way and seaplane one-way
- Domestic flight is currently to Ifuru Domestic Airport (70 min) and then a speedboat (50 min)
- Funadhoo Domestic Airport may be open by the end of 2019 cutting down the length of speedboat trip
- Domestic flight is the best option for those arriving after 3pm to MLE

Restaurants
Menus as of mid-October: https://drive.google.com/open?id=1VarY3T33N_xWEdangWGkH6JztUU8sA8Y

Aailaa – breakfast/lunch/dinner, 96 seats all-day dining restaurant
Fiamma – Lunch, Italian pizza 20 seats
Kaashi – Lunch, Treetop Thai restaurant 30 seats
Hashi – Dinner, Japanese 24 seats (reservations required)
Shio – Dinner, Modern grill 24 seats (reservations required)
Riha – Dinner, Indian/Curry Pit 24 seats, “under the stars” (reservations required)
In-Villa Dining - breakfast/lunch/dinner
Fork & Drink - lunch/dinner, destination dining, they set up a table anywhere on the island?

Activities

Lounge 18 – club house for “adults” w/ cigar room, billiards table, karaoke, board games, etc..
Pool 18 – 18 years+ pool
Horizon Pool
Little Griffins (Kids club/pool)
Open Air Cinema – nightly movie
Photo studio
Print Wikipost

JW Maldives [Master Thread]

Search this Thread

Old Jun 30, 2019, 10:06 am

Originally Posted by Jinkyu Im
I was debating between st regis and jw marriott, jw marriott doesn't look too intriguing as a new (renovated) resort. St. Regis might be worth the extra price
will be interesting to see the pictures. STR looks a bit nicer based off the old Viceroy videos, but is also ~4x more expensive with points during peak season.
Old Jun 30, 2019, 10:32 am

Originally Posted by Dn10

will be interesting to see the pictures. STR looks a bit nicer based off the old Viceroy videos, but is also ~4x more expensive with points during peak season.
540k vs 340k for me so I shall see
Old Jun 30, 2019, 10:41 am

Originally Posted by Jinkyu Im
540k vs 340k for me so I shall see
oh wow that isn’t bad. What month are you going in? Overwater villa or garden?

Was quoted at 900k points I think for a 5 night stay in overwater villa for peak season
Old Jun 30, 2019, 10:44 am

oh wow that isn’t bad. What month are you going in? Overwater villa or garden?

Was quoted at 900k points I think for a 5 night stay in overwater villa for peak season
5 nights in ovw may 2020. It costs 180k for peak season?! I guess like 200k since 5th night is -85k?
Old Jun 30, 2019, 11:03 am

We booked the OWV for the first week of October. Been following the Instagram photos and it seems the resort is coming along nicely. Not sure how much I should worry about staying at a resort within one month of its opening, but it could mean less guests on the island which would be nice. They've recently completed the airport on Funadhoo, which is very close to the JW Marriott. There is also the Hanimaadhoo. I believe the r/t cost of flying from MLE to Hanimaadhoo is ~$300-400 and there is a resort on the north part of Hanimaadhoo that is ~$200 for full board. Wondering if it is worthwhile to go to Hanimaadhoo for a few nights and then take a boat over to the JW Marriott.

Not sure how long it would take a boat to go from island to island, but once Fundahoo starts taking flights you might be able to visit an island or two before/after your visit. They've listed this airport in the JWM documents. So it may be an option vs taking the seaplane. Their brochure also lists the restaurants, bars, nightly open air cinema, photo studio, and adults only areas.

Property Fact Sheet May 2019
iluvdoco likes this.
Old Jun 30, 2019, 1:50 pm

Originally Posted by Astrophsx
We booked the OWV for the first week of October. Been following the Instagram photos and it seems the resort is coming along nicely. Not sure how much I should worry about staying at a resort within one month of its opening, but it could mean less guests on the island which would be nice. They've recently completed the airport on Funadhoo, which is very close to the JW Marriott. There is also the Hanimaadhoo. I believe the r/t cost of flying from MLE to Hanimaadhoo is ~$300-400 and there is a resort on the north part of Hanimaadhoo that is ~$200 for full board. Wondering if it is worthwhile to go to Hanimaadhoo for a few nights and then take a boat over to the JW Marriott.

Not sure how long it would take a boat to go from island to island, but once Fundahoo starts taking flights you might be able to visit an island or two before/after your visit. They've listed this airport in the JWM documents. So it may be an option vs taking the seaplane. Their brochure also lists the restaurants, bars, nightly open air cinema, photo studio, and adults only areas.

Property Fact Sheet May 2019
Thanks for this information! Very happy to see there is a viable seaplane alternative. Are there any hotels on Funadhoo?

Last edited by iluvdoco; Jun 30, 2019 at 1:57 pm
Old Jul 1, 2019, 10:55 am

JW Marriott Maldives start accepting reservation from September 15 2019

Looks like the JW Marriott Maldives is set to open in September 2019. They start accepting reservation from September 15 both pay and points. This one runs 85,000 points per night and book into the overwater villa.

Source: JW Marriott® Maldives Resort & Spa is bookable starting September 15, 2019. Category 8 property requires 85k Marriott points.
Old Jul 1, 2019, 11:00 am

Programs: Delta GM, Delta Amex Plat,
Darn. Wish I could move my vacation by 3 weeks...
Old Jul 1, 2019, 11:01 am

Programs: AA EXP,SPG 75
Exciting, but there is a thread going on this already. ^
Old Jul 1, 2019, 1:01 pm

It looks like they are no longer accepting reservations for the JWM Maldives on the website or mobile app. Tried a few dates on cash and it just shows opening Sept 2019.
Old Jul 1, 2019, 4:50 pm

Anyone know official opening date yet?
​​​​​

Also, how soon do you think we'd get a comparison to St Regis?

What's the Instagram handle pls?

Last edited by NewbieRunner; Jul 10, 2019 at 6:31 pm Reason: Merge consecutive posts by same member
Old Jul 1, 2019, 5:13 pm

Originally Posted by gbenrus25
Also, how soon do you think we'd get a comparison to St Regis?
It looks like the STR is nicer from the old viceroy videos, but this seems to be comparable to or better than the W. That said, I'd wait for Nov/Dec to get a true comparison and give the staff time to settle in.
dgreen12 and yoyotogblo like this.
Old Jul 1, 2019, 5:53 pm

Anyone know official opening date yet?
​​​​​
Official opening seems to be September 15th, unless it's been bumped back again.

What's the Instagram handle pls?
If you do a search, select location, JW Marriott Maldives, and then select recent. You'll see any recent photo is taken by a staff member currently there getting trained. Someone mentioned a soft opening sometime in July. Many of the staff members post photos and instagram story videos.
Old Jul 3, 2019, 1:11 pm

The manager of the JW Marriott Maldives wrote an email stating that the opening has not been delayed. They stated there is currently an IT issue preventing new reservations.
Old Jul 4, 2019, 5:19 am

The manager of the JW Marriott Maldives wrote an email stating that the opening has not been delayed. They stated there is currently an IT issue preventing new reservations.
Good to know. Thanks!

It looks like the STR is nicer from the old viceroy videos, but this seems to be comparable to or better than the W. That said, I'd wait for Nov/Dec to get a true comparison and give the staff time to settle in.
Thanks for the feedback. Would you rather stay in in Overwater villa in the W (or JW) or in a regular vvilla at STR? I'm wondering if the OVW experience would make points spent at JW more worth it.

Last edited by NewbieRunner; Jul 5, 2019 at 11:35 am Reason: Consecutive posts by same member

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.