Search
Old Sep 11, 2019, 9:23 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: ryandc99
Email contact at hotel: [email protected]
Official Grand Opening
November 1st, 2019

Room types
Overwater Pool Villa (10 sunrise, 9 sunset)
- Maximum occupancy 3 guests (2 adults and one child or 3 adults)
- 2519 sqft
Beach Pool Villa (13 sunrise, 3 sunset)
- 2669 sqft

Duplex Overwater Pool Villa (12 villas)
- 2949 sqft

Duplex Beach Pool Villa (13 villas)
- Maximum occupancy 5 guests (2 adults and 3 children or 5 adults)
- 3068 sqft

Royal Pool Villa (1 villa)

Offseason upgrades (as of September 2019)
From Overwater Pool Villa Sunrise to Sunset is additional, USD 182++ per night.
From Overwater Pool Villa Sunrise to Duplex Overwater Pool Villa is USD 546++ per night.
February 2020 upgrade price from Beach or OVW Sunrise to OVW Sunset USD 136++ per night.

Transportation

Seaplane - $600 per adult r/t
- JW Maldives has a seaplane lounge and will provide transportation to and from the MLE airport or hotel on Male.

Domestic flight w/ speedboat - $600 per adult r/t
- You can mix domestic flight one-way and seaplane one-way
- Domestic flight is currently to Ifuru Domestic Airport (70 min) and then a speedboat (50 min)
- Funadhoo Domestic Airport may be open by the end of 2019 cutting down the length of speedboat trip
- Domestic flight is the best option for those arriving after 3pm to MLE

Restaurants
Menus as of mid-October: https://drive.google.com/open?id=1VarY3T33N_xWEdangWGkH6JztUU8sA8Y

Aailaa – breakfast/lunch/dinner, 96 seats all-day dining restaurant
Fiamma – Lunch, Italian pizza 20 seats
Kaashi – Lunch, Treetop Thai restaurant 30 seats
Hashi – Dinner, Japanese 24 seats (reservations required)
Shio – Dinner, Modern grill 24 seats (reservations required)
Riha – Dinner, Indian/Curry Pit 24 seats, “under the stars” (reservations required)
In-Villa Dining - breakfast/lunch/dinner
Fork & Drink - lunch/dinner, destination dining, they set up a table anywhere on the island?

Activities

Lounge 18 – club house for “adults” w/ cigar room, billiards table, karaoke, board games, etc..
Pool 18 – 18 years+ pool
Horizon Pool
Little Griffins (Kids club/pool)
Open Air Cinema – nightly movie
Photo studio
Print Wikipost

JW Maldives [Master Thread]

Search this Thread

Old Jun 19, 2019, 10:02 am
t1c

Programs: AMEX, Ritz LT-Plat Prem, Hyatt Plat, SPG Plat, Hilton Diamond, Delta Plat, United Gold, Sixt Plat
Originally Posted by Dn10

$600/RT/person is what the hotel sent me in the info pack I got from them a few weeks ago
So really its 5 days on points and an estimated 600.00 in taxes plus the seaplane at 600.00 and who goes to the Maldives solo.? another 600.00. Were at 1800.00 just to get on the island and stay for 5 days. Still not a bad deal on points at $360.00 a day..
Old Jun 19, 2019, 12:02 pm

Programs: SPG-Plat, Hilton-Diamond, Club Carlson-Silver, Cathay-Diamond, Virgin-Gold
Originally Posted by t1c
So really its 5 days on points and an estimated 600.00 in taxes plus the seaplane at 600.00 and who goes to the Maldives solo.? another 600.00. Were at 1800.00 just to get on the island and stay for 5 days. Still not a bad deal on points at $360.00 a day..
I would have though the $600 local fee is the seaplane, so a room for 2 gives $1200 plus $60 taxes so $1260 not $1800. Pretty standard for the Maldives, seaplane is expensive compared to say the Westin but I think JW is further away.
Old Jun 19, 2019, 12:10 pm
t1c

Programs: AMEX, Ritz LT-Plat Prem, Hyatt Plat, SPG Plat, Hilton Diamond, Delta Plat, United Gold, Sixt Plat
Originally Posted by UKTraveller4Fun
I would have though the $600 local fee is the seaplane, so a room for 2 gives $1200 plus $60 taxes so $1260 not $1800. Pretty standard for the Maldives, seaplane is expensive compared to say the Westin but I think JW is further away.
I know the Hotel is almost 1 hour flight time away it is possible the 600.00 is a local fee per person...
Old Jun 19, 2019, 12:26 pm

Programs: SPG-Plat, Hilton-Diamond, Club Carlson-Silver, Cathay-Diamond, Virgin-Gold
Originally Posted by t1c
I know the Hotel is almost 1 hour flight time away it is possible the 600.00 is a local fee per person...
The local fee is the seaplane transfer cost and is $ 600 per person return. So if there are 2 of you going its $1200, if only one of you going $600. There is then a further $60 listed as taxes. If you were
Old Jun 19, 2019, 12:58 pm
t1c

Originally Posted by UKTraveller4Fun
The local fee is the seaplane transfer cost and is $ 600 per person return. So if there are 2 of you going its $1200, if only one of you going $600. There is then a further $60 listed as taxes. If you were
Perfect!
Old Jun 19, 2019, 3:30 pm

Originally Posted by t1c
The hour flight time is not ideal. I discovered my susceptibility to severe motion sickness on the seaplane ride to the StR.
Old Jun 19, 2019, 4:54 pm

I had a reservation with St Regis for 5 nights (540k, OVW) for next May. Will it be a no brainer to reserve JW Marriott (340k, OVW) instead? Because it's not even open yet, I have no idea what to expect!
Old Jun 19, 2019, 5:05 pm

Programs: AAdvantage EP 2.1MM; Bonvoy LT-Plat; Hyatt Globalist; Hilton Diamond
Booked end of Feb2020 without issues. Glad this finally opened!

This is our first Maldives visit so looking for some quick tips from the veterans:

1) Any hotel recs near MLE airport? We arrive a day earlier at 930PM and want to stay somewhere convenient
2) Are there various island flight options or is it a standard service during fixed times?
3) Can travelers bring their own wines to the islands?

Thanks in advance!
Old Jun 19, 2019, 5:38 pm

Originally Posted by Jinkyu Im
I had a reservation with St Regis for 5 nights (540k, OVW) for next May. Will it be a no brainer to reserve JW Marriott (340k, OVW) instead? Because it's not even open yet, I have no idea what to expect!
you got a good deal - I wasn’t quoted ~900k points for the STR so this was a no brained. Not sure how this hotel would be, but I’d speculatively book it and see how the reviews look in Nov / Dec and make an opinion then. Considering you’re at the end of the peak season, I’d imagine things will be well sorted for when you join. STR looks really nice, will be good to see actual pictures of the JW.
Old Jun 20, 2019, 1:29 am

Programs: Marriott AMB, Skywards Gold
Originally Posted by bl393
Booked end of Feb2020 without issues. Glad this finally opened!

This is our first Maldives visit so looking for some quick tips from the veterans:

1) Any hotel recs near MLE airport? We arrive a day earlier at 930PM and want to stay somewhere convenient
2) Are there various island flight options or is it a standard service during fixed times?
3) Can travelers bring their own wines to the islands?

Thanks in advance!
Best bet is Hotel Jen in Male which is by Shangri La. They have free transportation from the airport to the city.

However, for The JW, I believe you can book a seat on a jet to to fly out to a domestic airport. I have done this around 10 years ago when I stayed at the Shangri La Resort back then, we flew out from the resort night time given that it was a normal plane and not a sea plane.
bl393 and iluvdoco like this.
Old Jun 20, 2019, 7:38 am

Originally Posted by LovetoTravel83
Best bet is Hotel Jen in Male which is by Shangri La. They have free transportation from the airport to the city.

However, for The JW, I believe you can book a seat on a jet to to fly out to a domestic airport. I have done this around 10 years ago when I stayed at the Shangri La Resort back then, we flew out from the resort night time given that it was a normal plane and not a sea plane.
Very interested in this option. How would you then get from the domestic airport to the JW?
Old Jun 20, 2019, 8:46 am

Originally Posted by iluvdoco
Very interested in this option. How would you then get from the domestic airport to the JW?
Boat ride - think they mentioned it was 30 mins. Not sure what the fee is.
Old Jun 20, 2019, 9:35 am

Programs: Marriott AMB, Skywards Gold
Originally Posted by iluvdoco

This is in their Map section:

The Resort is located 192km's north from Velana International Airport (MLE). Access is only by a 55-minute scenic direct seaplane flight or alternatively a 30-minute domestic flight, plus transfer by luxury speedboat.
Old Jun 20, 2019, 9:59 am

Originally Posted by LovetoTravel83
This is in their Map section:

The Resort is located 192km's north from Velana International Airport (MLE). Access is only by a 55-minute scenic direct seaplane flight or alternatively a 30-minute domestic flight, plus transfer by luxury speedboat.
ok, thanks! Missed that. Curious what kind of speedboat and how much the speedboat transfer rt will be.
Old Jun 25, 2019, 9:22 am

From the hotel's reservation manager:

You are correct that the local fee is the seaplane transfer charge.

Airport Transfers:
Set on the stunning island of Vagaru in the secluded Shaviyani atoll, the resort can be reached via a 55-minute scenic seaplane flight from Velana International airport. Our Welcome Ambassadors at the Velana International Airport will be delighted to welcome you and assist you to seaplane check-in counter, and accompany you to our dedicated JW Marriott seaplane lounge.

Shared seaplane roundtrip transfer rate is USD 600 per adult. Children between 2 – 11 years are charged at USD 360 per child, whereby children under the age of 2 years and below are complimentary with sitting on adult’s lap. Airport transfer rates are net. Seaplane operates only during day time between 6:00 am and 3:30 pm and subject to weather conditions.

Baggage allowance is 20kg for check-in and 5kg for hand luggage. Any excess luggage is charged at USD 5.50 per kg payable at the airport.

Kindly inform us of your arrival and departure flight details at least 4 days prior to your arrival in order to arrange the seaplane transfer. The exact seaplane timings can only be confirmed 24 hours prior as seaplanes are operated by a third party company that only prepares the schedule one day prior to your arrival/departure to and from the resort.

Please let me know if you have any questions or require further assistance.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.