Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Marriott | Marriott Bonvoy
Reload this Page >

Tambo del Inka, Urubamba, Peru [Master Thread]

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Feb 9, 2020, 12:17 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: margarita girl
Hotel email: [email protected]
Print Wikipost

Tambo del Inka, Urubamba, Peru [Master Thread]

Search this Thread

Old Apr 16, 2018, 9:19 pm

Programs: Marriott Titanium, National EE
yep once you are in MP they won't track you down and kick you out. The only limitation is that the only bath room is outside, and you wouldn't be able to re-enter if its passed your ticket time (noon)
Old Apr 16, 2018, 9:33 pm

Programs: Bonvoy Lifetime Titanium, Hyatt Globlist, Hilton Silver, Amtrak Select Plus, UA Silver
Thank you Z for the insight about the bathroom. I better bring an empty bottle with me just in case - better yet, wear a diaper :O

I just rec an email from the hotel and taxi cost $20 for 3 ppl. More if above that.
Old Apr 17, 2018, 8:11 pm

Programs: Bonvoy Lifetime Titanium, Hyatt Globlist, Hilton Silver, Amtrak Select Plus, UA Silver
Originally Posted by zerolife
yep once you are in MP they won't track you down and kick you out. The only limitation is that the only bath room is outside, and you wouldn't be able to re-enter if its passed your ticket time (noon)
Was reading TripAdvisor and someone mentioned you can inform the guard that you are coming out for lunch or the toilet and they will let you back in no problem. I am not sure if the guard check the ticket entry time though or just let you back in since they recognize you. So I m raising this question again to make sure.. can you come out to use the toilet in the afternoon and will they let you back in if you have the morning entry ticket? If this turns out to be a problem, then it might be safer to buy the afternoon entry ticket.
Old Apr 18, 2018, 7:48 am

Originally Posted by hotelfanatic
Was reading TripAdvisor and someone mentioned you can inform the guard that you are coming out for lunch or the toilet and they will let you back in no problem. I am not sure if the guard check the ticket entry time though or just let you back in since they recognize you. So I m raising this question again to make sure.. can you come out to use the toilet in the afternoon and will they let you back in if you have the morning entry ticket? If this turns out to be a problem, then it might be safer to buy the afternoon entry ticket.
Maybe it would work, but if you are buying a ticket that says your entry time is only for the AM, then there's no way to get a guarantee that you would be let back in as their policy forbids it. I don't think anyone would be able to say for certain you could do this, even if one guard let them do it in their experience, that doesn't guarantee it. Even if someone did report back, I wouldn't count on it. I would suggest getting a ticket for the time you would spend most of your time there (either morning, or afternoon).

Last edited by Dzigavertov; Apr 18, 2018 at 8:52 am
Old Apr 18, 2018, 10:05 pm

You are probably right - nothing is guarantee.
Old Apr 19, 2018, 6:40 am

When's your stay? We are headed there in a few weeks. Can't wait to stay at this hotel, and see all the sights!
Old Apr 19, 2018, 8:36 am

Originally Posted by hotelfanatic
Agree with Dzigavertov. I would have an empty bottle just in case . I would also be interested in when you will be going if you are willing to share and your experience. I will be there early July.
Old Apr 19, 2018, 9:03 am

Programs: World of Hyatt Globalist; Marriott Bonvoy LTP; IHG Plat
In my case, i bought tickets for both morning and afternoon entry.

morning entry: climb the wayna picchu

afternoon entry: admire the machu picchu
Old Apr 19, 2018, 9:09 am

When I went a couple months ago I had a morning entry and was told that it would allow one single reentry after exiting for toilets/lunch. I used the reentry after noon and did not have any problems.

PS - Including travel time to Ollantaytambo it's probably a wash and leaving straight from the hotel is just as good. The biggest downside to leaving straight from TdI is that you only have one morning train and one evening train, so you have to go to Ollantaytambo if you want more time than that schedule allows. Remember to leave more than an hour for the bus ride back from MP to Aguas Calientes.
Old Apr 19, 2018, 3:32 pm

You raised another concern I had - bus ride back to AC. I though rides are only 30 mins. Is it because the rush of ppl leaving MP in late afternoon the reason for allocating 1 hr for the rtn trip?

WRT trains from TDI, there are actually 2 trains from TDI to AC.
VISTADOME 601 - departs at 6:50 AM and arrives at 9:24 AM 2.5 hours $95.00
PERURAIL SACRED VALLEY 91 - departs at 10:30 AM and arrives at 1:34 PM 3 hours $170.00

For the evening train, I plan to go to Olly

Last edited by hotelfanatic; Apr 19, 2018 at 4:12 pm
Old Apr 20, 2018, 1:09 pm

The bus takes forever because there's a massive line of people trying to catch it. I don't think it's because everyone is leaving at once, I think it's just because the buses are limited capacity and they can't keep up with the pace of people leaving. The line is LOOOOOONG.
Old Apr 20, 2018, 3:18 pm

I wonder if Tambo will allow you to box breakfast and take it onto the train to eat... that would be great use of the long ride
Old Apr 20, 2018, 3:55 pm

Programs: BA Silver (OW Sapphire), A3 Gold (*G), Bonvoy LTTE, HHonors Diamond, LeClubAccor Silver, UA Silver
Originally Posted by zerolife
I wonder if Tambo will allow you to box breakfast and take it onto the train to eat... that would be great use of the long ride
Their breakfast starts at 4:30am or 5am (albeit a reduced buffet) so I think a box would be pushing it... You could pack yourself a sandwich if you're short on time.
Old Apr 20, 2018, 4:50 pm
Marriott Contributor Badge

Programs: IHG Spire, Hilton Honors Gold, Marriott Titanium, Mileage Plus Gold
Originally Posted by matravelguy
The bus takes forever because there's a massive line of people trying to catch it. I don't think it's because everyone is leaving at once, I think it's just because the buses are limited capacity and they can't keep up with the pace of people leaving. The line is LOOOOOONG.
Yes it is. If budget is not an issue, then I would suggest the Hiram Bingham one way or both. There are NO LINES for Hiram Bingham passengers. Also, this hotel has its own PeruRail train station with trains to MP. Its limited but they have trains that run from the hotel and back. I stayed here in 2016 but since we took the Hiram Bingham, we had to leave and return from Poroy.
Old Apr 20, 2018, 7:35 pm

Just booked my outbound Vistadome from Hotel train station (6:50 AM) and return on the Expedition at 6:20 PM to Olly. I notice if you book round trip, the Vistadome is $95. But if you book just 1 way, the price is $105. Very odd. And they want us to be there 30 mins before departure - 6:20 AM :O

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.