Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Marriott | Marriott Bonvoy
Reload this Page >

Tambo del Inka, Urubamba, Peru [Master Thread]

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Feb 9, 2020, 12:17 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: margarita girl
Hotel email: [email protected]
Print Wikipost

Tambo del Inka, Urubamba, Peru [Master Thread]

Search this Thread

Old Aug 18, 2023, 12:25 am

Programs: AA EXP; DL Platinum, Marriott Titanium, Hilton Diamond, Hyatt Globalist (marriage perk)
I see that the transfer is USD 70 one way which seems reasonable. Any idea about the pricing of the Machu Picchu tours that the hotel offers?
Old Aug 18, 2023, 9:32 pm
gba

Programs: Alaska MVP, Marriott Lifetime Titanium (United Silver), Hilton Gold
Originally Posted by outgoing
I see that the transfer is USD 70 one way which seems reasonable. Any idea about the pricing of the Machu Picchu tours that the hotel offers?
I emailed the property a few weeks ago and they were able to offer transfers but said they were switching tour vendors and didn't know what the new options would be. I ended up booking transfers through TaxiDatum.
Old Sep 20, 2023, 8:07 am

Programs: Marriott Platinum, Hilton Diamond, IHG Platinum
Originally Posted by margarita girl
Why are you suggesting this? Cusco has higher altitude than Urubamba or Machu Picchu.

Machu Picchu - 2430 m
Urubamba - 2871 m
Cusco - 3400 m

Cusco was the last stop on my trip.
Saw several suggestions like this that Cusco should be visited after Sacred Valley and MP due to higher altitude. But don't you have to fly into Cusco in order to get to SV and MP? I guess there is less risk of altitude sickness from arriving and transferring to lower altitude (several hours) than several days in the city. I typically like to stay in the city of the airport on the day of scheduled arrival as buffer for potential IRROP (would hate to lose one night at a spectacular hotel like TDI due to IRROP); may have to adjust after reading the advice here.
Old Oct 25, 2023, 8:04 am

Nevermind! Found my answer

Last edited by Smyd; Oct 25, 2023 at 8:28 am Reason: Found answer

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.