Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Marriott | Marriott Bonvoy
Reload this Page >

Tambo del Inka, Urubamba, Peru [Master Thread]

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Feb 9, 2020, 12:17 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: margarita girl
Hotel email: [email protected]
Print Wikipost

Tambo del Inka, Urubamba, Peru [Master Thread]

Search this Thread

Old Feb 5, 2020, 10:05 pm

Programs: HGP Globalist, SPG P100, Hilton Dia
Originally Posted by mgodara
Does anyone know how much hotel charges for Taxi pickup from Cusco Airport? Also, if someone can share hotel staff email that would be very helpful. Thanks.
try this [email protected]
Old Feb 9, 2020, 11:48 am
pjs

Does anyone know how much hotel charges for Taxi pickup from Cusco Airport? Also, if someone can share hotel staff email that would be very helpful. Thanks.
I'm sure it's overpriced. Just use TaxiDatum.
Old Feb 9, 2020, 12:17 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1K, AC MM E75, Marriott LT Ti, IHG Dia Amb, Hyatt Glob
Originally Posted by l380
Added to wiki. Thanks!
Old Feb 9, 2020, 5:48 pm
Marriott Contributor Badge

Programs: IHG Spire, Hilton Honors Gold, Marriott Titanium, Mileage Plus Gold
I paid 180 Peruvian Soles in 2016 to the hotel for airport transfer. This was from the hotel to Cusco Airport. Not sure how much they are charging now but at the current exchange rate, 180 Peruvian Soles is about $54 USD. It is about an 1.5 hour drive from the hotel to the airport. We thought the price was VERY reasonable for the distance. Some people will gripe about how much cheaper you can blah blah blah, but it's really up to how conveniently and less of a headache you want it to be.
Old Feb 10, 2020, 7:53 am

Originally Posted by pjs
Stay here while it's still the bargain of 35k points per night before Marriott tinkers with the category.
Get your reservations in soon, it goes from cat5 to cat6 on March 4. RIP 35k FNCs.
pjs likes this.
Old Feb 10, 2020, 9:59 am

Programs: Nexus/GE, UA/MPG, Bonvoy Tit, LTP
Originally Posted by pjs
I'm sure it's overpriced. Just use TaxiDatum.
I second that. Used them in Urubabma as well as to and from the airport in Lima. Excellent service.
Old Feb 22, 2020, 12:30 pm

Originally Posted by margarita girl
Added to wiki. Thanks!
New email for the hotel is
[email protected]. Old email shared here [email protected] do not work anymore. Thank you.
Old Feb 22, 2020, 7:50 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1K, AC MM E75, Marriott LT Ti, IHG Dia Amb, Hyatt Glob
Originally Posted by anubond005
New email for the hotel is
[email protected]. Old email shared here [email protected] do not work anymore. Thank you.
Thanks for the info. Wiki updated.
Old Feb 27, 2020, 5:31 pm

Just booked 5 nights in Nov 2020 using Bonvoy. Do gold members usually get any room upgrades or free breakfast?
Old Feb 27, 2020, 6:24 pm

Originally Posted by Dzigavertov
Any thoughts on staying at this hotel with two younger children? I'm particularly interested in thoughts on transporting two kids (car seats, safety, etc), whether to take a taxi or some other method, and if there are things on the hotel premises or in Urubamba that you think would be enjoyable for children and relaxing. Since we won't be doing much hiking, it does limit some of the options that folks seem to enjoy in this part of Peru.

I didn't see a lot of details on meals. Can anyone tell me what meals cost at the hotel, and any specifics on pricing for children? We will be staying there for 5 nights in mid May, and on day 4 probably going to MP with the family.

Did you travel to and from MP on the train from Urubamba, or from Ollantaytambo, or some other method? Recommendations?
I am also planning to go with my 3 year old toddler. Were there any activities for kids? also how did you manage travelling by taxi with kids? Did you use a car seat?
Old May 8, 2020, 10:33 pm

Programs: AA ExPlat, Marriott Titanium, HH Diamond
Looking to stay here next February to visit Machu Pichu. Seems like most people stay 1 to 3 nights.
​​​​​​
Curious if 4 nights would be too long

Last edited by FlyingFrZ; May 9, 2020 at 4:43 pm
Old May 9, 2020, 5:50 am

Programs: AC-100k, MR LTT
Originally Posted by FlyingFrZ
Looking to stay here next February to visit Machi Pichu. Seems like most people stay 1 to 3 nights.
​​​​​​
We stayed for five nights and loved every minute. There is a lot to see and do in the Sacred and Southern Valleys.
JNelson113 and FlyingFrZ like this.
Old May 11, 2020, 7:54 am

Originally Posted by FlyingFrZ
Looking to stay here next February to visit Machu Pichu. Seems like most people stay 1 to 3 nights.
​​​​​​
Keep in mind that February is the peak of rainy season in the area. The Inca and Salkantay trails are closed in February to prevent damage from people walking through mud that may speed erosion, and areas of MP can be closed for similar reasons. It's the offest that off-peak can get, though, so if that's your thing. Just make sure you know what you're getting into.

As for time, I have 3 nights at TdI, 3 in Cusco, and 2 in Lima for a trip later this year (that I probably won't be able to go on). But I haven't been, so I can't help you on how bored you might get. Apparently even with nothing to do it's a nice relaxing time though.
FlyingFrZ likes this.
Old May 11, 2020, 10:11 am

Programs: AA ExPlat, Marriott Titanium, HH Diamond
Originally Posted by solarbear
Keep in mind that February is the peak of rainy season in the area. The Inca and Salkantay trails are closed in February to prevent damage from people walking through mud that may speed erosion, and areas of MP can be closed for similar reasons. It's the offest that off-peak can get, though, so if that's your thing. Just make sure you know what you're getting into.

As for time, I have 3 nights at TdI, 3 in Cusco, and 2 in Lima for a trip later this year (that I probably won't be able to go on). But I haven't been, so I can't help you on how bored you might get. Apparently even with nothing to do it's a nice relaxing time though.
Thanks for the input

We will be in Rio (hopefully) for carnaval and so we tacked on MP to the end of the trip. Don't really mind the trails being closed as we would take the train. As long as the ruins are open for one or two days while we're there, I'll be content.
Old Mar 26, 2021, 7:12 am

Programs: HH, IHG
Hey everyone, we're looking to hike Salkantay independently, which I understand ends in MP. If I booked us a night at Tambo del Inka for AFTER, would we be able to take their train from MP to the hotel to check in? Thanks

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.