Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Marriott | Marriott Bonvoy
Reload this Page >

Marriott Grand Hotel Flora Rome, Italy [Master Thread]

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Marriott Grand Hotel Flora Rome, Italy [Master Thread]

Search this Thread

Old Dec 31, 2002, 11:49 am
Original Member

Programs: AA Platinum, AS, UA, DL, HHonors Gold, Marriott LTP, Hyatt, IHG Platinum
The note that lorra mentions is still there when you access the Marriott Rewards link from the hotel's page. Also, this property does not appear in any reward category listing. Looks like redeeming an award at this location is no longer possible.
Old Dec 31, 2002, 12:42 pm

I found the same message about a month ago while researching an award stay at this hotel.

I called the Marriott Platinum line and was told that, indeed, awards were available, but only at the 50% premium "Stay Anytime" point rates.

I was checking for dates 5 months out.

[This message has been edited by flyerwife (edited 12-31-2002).]
Old Dec 31, 2002, 5:17 pm
Original Member

Programs: AA 2 Million-miler , SPG Platinum, Marriott Gold, Hyatt Diamond
Recently used 7 night award at Flora (May 2002), and could not have been more pleased. My brother also used 7 night award immediately after my stay and his experience was also excellent. We reserved stays at least 10 months in advance. Sorry to hear that others had bad experiences but our stays were excellent in every respect and I would reccomend the hotel without equivocation.
Old Jan 2, 2003, 11:05 am

I got the same message about nothing available in September when I attempted to book this hotel for a reward stay one year in advanceon the web site. I called the Marriott Reservation # and they were able to book it for me using reward points and no I did not have to kick in the extra points as a Stay anytime award. I got it for 5 nights for the regular 5 night # of points.
Old May 27, 2003, 8:35 am

email adress of Rome Marriott Grand Hotel Flora

Does anyone have an email address of Rome Marriott Grand Hotel Flora? Could not find it in the Marriott website. Trying to make reservation of family of 4. Since thay do not have room for 4 trying to see if we can get 2 connected rooms.

Thanks
Old May 27, 2003, 4:06 pm

Instead of email, I would suggest faxing your request to them. In my previous experiences with contacting the Europe Marriott properties (Milan, Frankfurt, Brussels) for upgrade requests, fax requests are almost always responded to more quickly than email.

[This message has been edited by ntamayo (edited 05-27-2003).]
Old May 28, 2003, 8:23 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Location: Some place in this wonderful world (usually at 39,000 ft in seat 1C)
Programs: CO Gold Elite / NW Gold Elite
<font face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif" size="2">Originally posted by h_united:
Does anyone have an email address of Rome Marriott Grand Hotel Flora? Could not find it in the Marriott website. Trying to make reservation of family of 4. Since thay do not have room for 4 trying to see if we can get 2 connected rooms.

Thanks
</font>
Web site is www.marriotthotels.com/romdt

Email is [email protected]

[This message has been edited by socrates (edited 05-28-2003).]
Old Aug 25, 2003, 11:10 am

Last week I tried to book this hotel for 3 nights about 9 1/2 months out (end of May), but was told there was no Rewards rooms available. When I called the 800 #, I received a similar response. After reading the previous comments, I wasn't so sure I wanted to stay at the Flora in the first place.
Old Aug 25, 2003, 5:01 pm
Original Member

Programs: AA Platinum, AS, UA, DL, HHonors Gold, Marriott LTP, Hyatt, IHG Platinum
We stayed there on an award in March 2002 and thought the hotel was very nice. Nice room, and the staff we encountered were friendly and helpful. No problems at all.

We booked the award stay about 11 months in advance. My guess is if you are booking less than 9-10 months out for this property off-season, and less than 11-12 months out during summer, you will be out of luck.
Old Aug 25, 2003, 7:44 pm

We stayed there last October for four nights on an award. I got a great corner room, the staff was very helpful and they even included breakfast. I booked the room less than three months in advance.
Old Aug 28, 2003, 5:31 am

Programs: AA EXP; Marriott Lifetime / Annual Titanium; Massively Missing Starwood
I booked over time thanks to a member of this board, but no more than five months out. A friend here got a few nights for me and I just kept adding on until I had a seven night award.

I was on the sixth floor, seventh is top I believe and used for parties. I was looking out over the Villa Borgese and the room was actually very large.

The hotel was clean, well maintained and I found the staff extremely helpful with no attitude.

Example 1: Ok, I admit it. I left my wallet in a cab...stupid. Got back to the hotel and the concierge called every single cab company. I got lucky with an honest cabbie and got my wallet back completely intact.

Example 2: Each a.m. I would rise early and wander the surrounding area for a while. I'd end up in the restaurant and order two cappuccinos. It took them a few minutes the first time to understand that this was my entire order and I wanted them to take to my room. Each day from then forward all I had to do was walk in, be seen by one of the two employees there on the first day and get my free drinks. One day, neither of them were there and the 'replacement' was trying to send it up via room service. One of the originals came out of the kithcen and somewhat sternly corrected this imposter. Tipped out each day of course.

The rooms were cleaned each and every day. The concierge was extremely helpful with tickets, directions and transportation.

The lounge was interesting for us. We would end each day with a nightcap and began to notice various locals that were really characters. I thought the drinks a little on the expensive side until I went to the Gritti in Venice and got smacked like 20 euro per drink...that made me wish I'd had more at the Marriott which were in the 'hood of 7 to 9 I believe.

I'd stay here again in a heartbeat. We also stayed at the Rome Excelsior and I'd pick the Marriott over the Excelsior any day. There is a short cut to the Spanish Steps on the corner right by Harry's Bar. It took us a few days to find it, but you walk through the train station to the Steps and cut about 15 minutes off your normal walk time. The surroundng neighborhood felt very safe and had a number of small cafes for breakfast and gelato.

I'm jealous that you get to go here! Enjoy.
Old Sep 9, 2003, 1:32 pm

Programs: UA 3.6 MM, Marriott Lifetime Plat
Recent Rome Grand Flora Stays

After reviewing several strings on the Rome Grand Flora. . .
http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/Forum63/HTML/001993.html
http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/Forum63/HTML/002728.html

I have found very polarized opinions on the hotel. Have any of you stayed there recently? Is it deserving of a category 6 hotel reward? Or even a 50% Stay Anytime reward reservation?

I am looking to burn all (most) of my MR points and don't want to be terribly disappointed. Some of you have complained about terrible service, while others have given it praise.
Old Sep 9, 2003, 3:14 pm

My husband I will be staying there on reward points Sept 15-20. Will post when we return which will not be until Sept 26th (also going to Venice and Florence)
Old Sep 9, 2003, 4:41 pm

Programs: AA EXP; Marriott Lifetime / Annual Titanium; Massively Missing Starwood
I'm sticking to my prior posts. It is worth the points. Worth a ton more? Perhaps if this is a special trip and you have no other options. We weren't in the hotel much, but it was nice, good staff, free internet, good location (in my opine) and worth the points.
Old Sep 12, 2003, 9:33 am

Programs: UA 3.6 MM, Marriott Lifetime Plat
Ok. Well I just made a stay anytime reward with them.

If anyone has stayed there on an award reservation, did they recognize your status? Especially if you were gold? Did they throw in a free breakfast with gold status?

[This message has been edited by NeoOfTheCRS (edited 09-12-2003).]

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.