Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Marriott | Marriott Bonvoy
Reload this Page >

Marriott Grand Hotel Flora Rome, Italy [Master Thread]

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Marriott Grand Hotel Flora Rome, Italy [Master Thread]

Search this Thread

Old Jul 8, 2016, 9:43 am

Originally Posted by dingo
Who is Arne and Hq?
Arne is Arne Sorenson, Marriott's current CEO. HQ refers to Marriott's corporate headquarters.
Old Jul 11, 2016, 6:21 am

Programs: Delta DM, Marriott Titanium, Hilton Diamond, National EE, AS MVP Gold 75K, AC 75K
Does anyone have an email address for their front end manager or CSR at this hotel? Thanks
Old Jul 11, 2016, 9:08 am

Programs: AA Gold, HH Diamond, UA Silver
I don't, but have had good luck in the past calling the front desk and asking for the CSR's email address.
Old Jul 11, 2016, 9:12 am

Programs: DL GM,Hyatt Explorist, Hilton Gold, Marriott Titanium, NEXUS
Originally Posted by GateGuardian
Does anyone have an email address for their front end manager or CSR at this hotel? Thanks
I've received quick responses from:
info at grandhotelflora.net

however it appears to be forwarded to:
reservations at grandhotelflora.net
Old Jul 11, 2016, 11:36 am

Programs: Delta DM, Marriott Titanium, Hilton Diamond, National EE, AS MVP Gold 75K, AC 75K
Originally Posted by Reid
I've received quick responses from:
info at grandhotelflora.net

however it appears to be forwarded to:
reservations at grandhotelflora.net
Thanks, I will try that email.
Old May 17, 2021, 10:05 am

Programs: Marriott Titanium, Hyatt Globalist
Any recent stays here?

Hello, I see the last post in this thread is from 2016. I’m considering this property for a stay in June. They will accommodate a room for my husband and kids (ages 3 and 6), which is somewhat difficult to find in the Marriott hotels. I’m also trying to apply SNAs. Seems like the prior reviews indicate it is in a good location, which is important to me with the kids. How is the breakfast now because of Covid? Any success here with SNAs?
Thank you!
Old Jul 3, 2021, 7:19 pm

Programs: UA 1K | Marriott Ambassador (LT Plat) | National Exec Elite | Global Entry | HH Silver
Originally Posted by ashley1245
Hello, I see the last post in this thread is from 2016. I’m considering this property for a stay in June. They will accommodate a room for my husband and kids (ages 3 and 6), which is somewhat difficult to find in the Marriott hotels. I’m also trying to apply SNAs. Seems like the prior reviews indicate it is in a good location, which is important to me with the kids. How is the breakfast now because of Covid? Any success here with SNAs?
Thank you!
What did you experience during your stay in June. I will likely be staying at the hotel in late July and would love to hear first hand accounts on how the service and experience was.
Old Nov 11, 2022, 1:59 pm

I am a Lifetime Titanium. I cancelled one day prior to arrival with the assurance from the Elite line that the 72 hour cancellation policy would be waived due to my status.
I was given a cancellation number.
Apparently the hotel argued this was only a benefit in the US and American Express Marriott Bonvoy Brilliant backed the hotel.

I was a little surprised the hotel and Amex weren't more supportive of the elite level along with this credit card but no such luck. I disputed it twice and the hotel fought tooth and nail to get the no show bill posted.

I dealt with Marriott corporate in Bethesday and while sympathetic they said they can't make the hotel waive the fee. They did agree to cut a check for half the charge which is better than nothing.

I have to say I don't really feel valued by Marriott and Amex.
Old Dec 30, 2022, 12:12 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AAdvantage Executive Platinum, Delta Silver Medallion, Marriott Bonvoy Ambassador
Had a one-night stay on October 31. We arrived quite late as our flight from Munich was very delayed (weather and, I don't know, maybe excessive witch and goblin air traffic ). The Flora is located near the Borghese gardens, which is a lovely neighborhood.

Check-in at that late hour was quick, if a bit curt. We had a lovely room for the night, It was large, with a foyer leading to the bathroom (wow on the bathroom) and a door leading to the bedroom. The bedroom was not bad. It had nice views, a writing desk and chair, a large and comfortable (read: pillowy) bed. The bathroom was absolutely gorgeous but had a tub and shower combination. Note to high-end hotels: many of your guests prefer a separate shower. Work on that.

In the morning, I was busy getting our documents together for the next part of our journey and re-packing suitcases to make it easier for us to unpack in a few hours. We were going on a sixteen-day Mediterranean then Transatlantic cruise. In any event, I was busy, so I sent my husband up to breakfast while I busied myself with the tasks at hand. I asked my husband t fins out if he could bring me back a croissant and a cup of tea from the breakfast. A half hour later, a knock at the door. A waitress from the breakfast had come back with my husband, bearing a huge tray with all kinds of baked goods from breakfast, as well as a pot of tea. Breakfast was included in our room rate, and the restaurant was ensuring that I would get my money's worth, it seemed.

All in all, a good hotel, though not our favorite in Rome.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.