Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Marriott | Marriott Bonvoy
Reload this Page >

MASTER THREAD: Domestic & International Executive Lounges Open/Closed on Weekends

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Dec 15, 2016, 7:50 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: itsaboutthejourney
Post #1 of this sticky has the current updates for exec lounge & breakfast for JW Marriott, Renaissance, Autograph Collection, Marriott, and Delta hotels worldwide. It also includes Courtyards in Asia. Please refer to post #1 for information.
Print Wikipost

MASTER THREAD: Domestic & International Executive Lounges Open/Closed on Weekends

Search this Thread

Old Apr 28, 2014, 4:21 am

Programs: DL GM, Marriott PP, Avis Something or other
Mobile, AL

Mobile/Battle House Renaissance Mobile Hotel and Spa/Open for continental breakfast only on weekends.

And a pretty lame continental breakfast, at that. A few pastries, three small bowls of fruit and coffee. Guess they figure it's cheaper than giving coupons.
Old Apr 28, 2014, 12:03 pm

Programs: AA ex Plat, IC Plat , Hilton Diamond
Is there list of lounges that serve drinks(ie Beer and wine) etc. or is that something we should add to this forum??
Old Apr 28, 2014, 12:06 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Four Seasons Contributor BadgeMandarin Oriental Contributor Badge

Location: Seat 1A, Juice pretty much everywhere, Mucci des Coins Exotiques
Originally Posted by shawntobi
Is there list of lounges that serve drinks(ie Beer and wine) etc. or is that something we should add to this forum??
Well you can start by saying that nearly every lounge outside of North America and Saudi Arabia serves free alcohol.
Old Apr 28, 2014, 1:56 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend
Original Poster

Programs: UALifetimePremierGold, Marriott LifetimeTitanium
Originally Posted by shawntobi
From the first post:

I didn't make whether a lounge offered free booze a category because they don't in the US & Canada, and it varies internationally & not enough do to make it a separate category. I figure that can be handled in the individual properties threads.

Cheers.
Old Apr 29, 2014, 5:45 am

Programs: AA-EXP, MR-PP
Originally Posted by SkiAdcock
From the first post:

I didn't make whether a lounge offered free booze a category because they don't in the US & Canada, and it varies internationally & not enough do to make it a separate category. I figure that can be handled in the individual properties threads.

Cheers.
Actually some US properties do. And it is listed for some already. Hotel Chicago, Autograph Collection comes to mind.
Old Apr 29, 2014, 9:23 am

Programs: IHG PC - Plat, HHonors - Gold, Marriott - Plat
update New Orleans Saint Hotel

Full breakfast buffet for 2 (nice spread with everything including salmon, fruit etc)
arrived late and left early next day so can't comment on lounge update
Old Apr 29, 2014, 9:29 am

Programs: IHG PC - Plat, HHonors - Gold, Marriott - Plat
update New Orleans Renaissance Pere Marquette

full breakfast for 2 (full menu and buffet, can even combine as a couple of us did) Option of 750 pts/day as well if you don't use the coupons.

small room off the bar area open 24 hrs (key accessible) with waters/soda/coffee

5-7pm appetizers daily in restaurant bar though we never got back in time to see what they actually were.
Old Apr 29, 2014, 9:59 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend
Original Poster

Programs: UALifetimePremierGold, Marriott LifetimeTitanium
Originally Posted by iztok
Actually some US properties do. And it is listed for some already. Hotel Chicago, Autograph Collection comes to mind.
Shrug. It was a new property & more detailed report. They may change in the future, in which case that listing will be edited down. Same with others.

Because it varies & the norm is not to offer free booze in the US & even int'ly it has changed on what is offered, I deliberately chose not to make it a separate category to report on in the exec lounge sticky, especially since most FTers are interested in what the brekkie situation is at properties.

Asking folk to provide info on breakfast status, key accessible, free i-net, & PAG is enough. Folk can check or ask in property threads or property websites re: the free booze (if any).

Getting back to that - if folk could detail when they say coupons for Golds & Plats, if the coupon is for cont'l or full & if there is an upgrade cost to full what it is. Some folk have just been saying coupons & I don't know if it's cont'l or full.

Cheers.

Last edited by SkiAdcock; Apr 29, 2014 at 10:10 am Reason: add the last part re: cont'l or full...
Old Apr 30, 2014, 12:52 am
LKO

Programs: Marriott platinum
JW Marriott Marquis Dubai
April 2014
Executive Lounge on 37th floor (entire floor) is open 24/7

Breakfast 6 AM to 10:30 AM (Sun to Thurs)
Breakfast 6 AM to 11 AM (Fri, Sat & public holidays)
Afternoon tea 2:30 PM to 5:30 PM
Happy hours 6:30 PM to 9:00 PM
Selection of beverages 6:30 to 9:00 PM
Sweet bites 9:30 PM to midnight
All day selection of hot beverages, soft drinks, juices, & water

Lounge also includes concierge desk and business center with 4 computers & printer

edited to add that the selection of beverages served (by a staff member) include alcoholic beverages, but only from 6:30 to 9:00 PM
platinum amenity is 500 points or food/drink amenity

Last edited by LKO; Apr 30, 2014 at 1:00 am
Old Apr 30, 2014, 3:59 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UAMP S, TK M&S E (*G), Marriott LTP, IHG P, SK EBG
Renaissance Malmo - stayed Apr. 25, 2014

No lounge, free brekkie 7 days a week.
Elites receive 1 drink and snack for 2 people at the bar (snack includes olive, sausages, cheese or mixed nut in a tiny tray, drink includes soda, house wine or beer).
Free internet in the entire hotel. Plat 'maybe' able to pick a better speed connection without charge. We booked 2 rooms (1 under Mr. and 1 under Mrs (Gold), Mr. Nacho is Plat and he got a letter stating that he can pick the speed he likes without charge) - hopefully other FTers can verify if it's a Plat privilege.
Old May 2, 2014, 12:47 pm

JW Marriott London executive lounge closed...

I've booked a week on points at London Park Lane but when I heard their lobby is under construction I thought I'd see what else was available on points for the week we are there...called the JW Grosvenor House and was told they not only have just twin beds for rooms with 2 beds, the executive lounge is closed and under renovations until late June.

As the Park Lane has a good reputation for their exec lounge I decided to stay with the original reservation.
Old May 2, 2014, 2:24 pm

Programs: AA EXP, AA Admirals Club, Marriott PLT Premier, Hertz President's Circle
* Miami / Marriott Stanton South Beach / CLOSED; Cont'l brekkie in lounge on weekends; wireless throughout; 02/26/14 update

Still current as of 5/2/14

* Miami / Airport Marriott / Closed Weekends & Xmas; Lounge open for brekkie only on weekends; 12/31/13 update

Still current as of 5/3; to add that lounge is key accessible for water/sodas 5AM-10PM 7 days a week.

Last edited by ssafro1; May 3, 2014 at 3:04 pm
Old May 4, 2014, 4:33 pm

Programs: MR LTT, BA Gold, AA LTP, UA Silver
1) Boston/Massachusetts/USA/Boston Marriott Newton
2) Lounge closed (didn't stay on weekend so don't know about breakfast)
3) I don't know
4) Free i-net; terminal and wireless
5) 4/14
500 pts or $10 FB credit

1) Boston/Massachusetts/USA/Boston Marriott Burlington
2) Lounge closed, full breakfast in restaurant
3) I don't know
4) Free i-net; terminal
5) 4/14 - 5/14
500 pts or $10 FB credit
Old May 5, 2014, 10:38 am

Programs: AGR WOH
Directed to post here from another thread about the new Washington Marriott Marquis:

The Washington Post notes that the "M Club" lounge on the 12th floor of this property will be open 24/7, with "comfortable couches, flat-screen TVs, an outdoor patio and around-the-clock booze." Food offerings include "a full breakfast, nightly hors d’oeuvres."
Old May 5, 2014, 4:20 pm

Programs: UA Silver, DL Silver (MM), HH LT Diamond, MR LT Platinum
I'm staying here right now. Changes are bolded.

* Munich / Marriott / NO LOUNGE; They offer a food buffet and comp drinks (including beer and wine) in the breakfast area of restaurant "grill 93" in the evenings Sunday-Thursday 6-8:30 pm, closed Friday and Saturday nights and bank holidays (unless event going on, then lobby/bar area) for Golds/Plats; Full breakfast in restaurant daily for Gold/Plats; free usage of biz center; 5/5/14 update

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.