Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Marriott | Marriott Bonvoy
Reload this Page >

MASTER THREAD: Domestic & International Executive Lounges Open/Closed on Weekends

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Dec 15, 2016, 7:50 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: itsaboutthejourney
Post #1 of this sticky has the current updates for exec lounge & breakfast for JW Marriott, Renaissance, Autograph Collection, Marriott, and Delta hotels worldwide. It also includes Courtyards in Asia. Please refer to post #1 for information.
Print Wikipost

MASTER THREAD: Domestic & International Executive Lounges Open/Closed on Weekends

Search this Thread

Old Aug 18, 2014, 5:49 am

Thanks! Really good reference to have.
Old Aug 22, 2014, 12:21 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Four Seasons Contributor BadgeHyatt Contributor Badge

JW Marriott Dongdaemun Seoul's lounge is open from 6:30am-11pm everyday.
Old Aug 24, 2014, 9:19 pm

Programs: UA 1KMM, Bonvoy LTE+A, HH D, Nat'l EE, Hertz Plat, Avis PC
JW Marriott Shanghai at Tomorrow Square. Fantastic lounge open seven days a week. Full breakfast buffet from 6-10 am (10:30 on the weekends). Afternoon tea from 2:30-4:30. Full dinner buffet from 5:30-7:30. Desserts from 7:30-9:30. Good variety of alcoholic and non-alcoholic beverages all day. Two completely unlocked computers, two conference rooms available for reservations (first two hours free, then a charge after that).
Old Aug 25, 2014, 9:33 am

Programs: BA Gold, Marriott Platinum, Hilton Gold
Update - August 2014 - Burlingame / San Francisco Airport Marriott Waterfront - now an "M Lounge" on the ground floor - open 24-hours for soft drinks & snacks. Booze in the lounge about a dollar cheaper than at the main bar. New lounge feels like an airport lounge with little character.
Old Aug 25, 2014, 12:30 pm

Programs: UA, bmi, AA, CO, DL, B6, AMEX, Hertz, Most Hotels
Berlin Marriott

Confirming that Berlin Marriott lounge is open 7 days/wk as of Aug 22

Welcome letter stated free wifi in lounge but I had never saw a separate lounge network as is often the practice. iirc,the letter also mentioned free use of lounge tablets but I never saw àny nor asked about them.

Breakfast is rather typical, scrambled eggs, sausage/ bacon & potatoes. Assortment of cereals, fruits & cheeses.

Midday is assorted pastries

Evening is pretty substantial. Stayed this past Friday night and saw spinach soup, chicken breast, vegetarian pasta, rice, assorted desserts and more.

Late evening is wine & cheese.

Fwiw, there is a self serve beer tap ánd multi function cappuccino machine.

Finally, the welcome letter made no distinction between Gold & Plats and stated that breakfast if had in the restaurant would be an up charge (can't recall exact amount but if was over 25 euro)
Old Aug 25, 2014, 5:27 pm

Programs: Marriott Lifetime Platinum, Hilton Diamond, Lifetime SkyClub, AS MVP
Birmingham AL Marriott

Coupons for Sat/Sun "continental breakfast" given to Golds/Plats at the Birmingham, AL Marriott, but restaurant honors them for full breakfast buffet in practice (and they say they have for some time).
Old Aug 25, 2014, 8:57 pm

Originally Posted by Wembleygal
Update - August 2014 - Burlingame / San Francisco Airport Marriott Waterfront - now an "M Lounge" on the ground floor - open 24-hours for soft drinks & snacks. Booze in the lounge about a dollar cheaper than at the main bar. New lounge feels like an airport lounge with little character.
Great! Can elite (G/P) member also have breakfast in M Lounge on weekends?
Old Aug 26, 2014, 9:08 am

Originally Posted by tonywush
I was there on a Tuesday, so I don't know for sure.

They gave all Golds & Plats a little chit at check-in, which you had to show to the lounge attendant to gain entry during breakast time. BTW, one of the best lounge breakfasts I have ever seen in the US. I hated the new look lounge though, very clinical.
Old Aug 26, 2014, 10:26 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend
Original Poster

Programs: UALifetimePremierGold, Marriott LifetimeTitanium
Originally Posted by tonywush
I believe this is one of the 16 properties in the US that the lounge is (technically) closed & 1,000 points given in lieu of brekkie.

Cheers.
Old Aug 26, 2014, 1:48 pm
JKD

Boston Marriott Cambridge

free in room wifi
M-F 6:30-9:30am; SUN-THU 5:30-9:30pm
Breakfast was cold cereals, hot oatmeal, make your own Belgian waffles, scrambled eggs, bacon/sausage, milk, yogurt, fresh cut fruits (melons, strawberries, pineapple), and the usual hot morning beverage suspects

In the evenings, a couple of hot dishes until they run out around 7:30'ish; desserts show up at 7:30pm (cookies plus a baked good, such as red velvet cake, key lime pie, etc)

The hot dishes ranged from a vegetarian ravioli and vegetable spring rolls to a chicken and rice dish and pasta with meatballs.

There is an honor bar.

and on Saturdays and Sundays, breakfast is taken in the Champions sports bar. Although it should be for the continental breakfast buffet, the staff invited us to have foods from the entire buffet, including the omelet station. The food was plentiful, fresh and delicious.

Not sure if this is a weekly event, but we were invited to a wine/cheese reception on the 26th floor on Wednesday.

All told, the staff were appreciative of their elites.

Last edited by JKD; Aug 26, 2014 at 1:50 pm Reason: forgot to add about weekend breakfast
Old Aug 28, 2014, 3:18 pm

Programs: AC MM 50K, Marriott LTT
Courtyard - London, Ontario

Coupon listing complimentary breakfast choices provided at check-in and served in the restaurant.

(Select one of ~6 hot items or two of ~6 cold items plus a beverage.)

Also, plat welcome gift in room. This is in addition to the standard plat amenity.

Last edited by Melville; Aug 28, 2014 at 5:32 pm
Old Aug 30, 2014, 11:33 am

Programs: AS MVP Gold 75K, Marriott Lifetime Titanium
Confirming:

* Falls Church / Fairview Park Marriott / CLOSED; Full buffet brekkie in restaurant; 08/24/13 update

Spent the night there last night to reach my MegaBonus threshold. The buffet is quite nice and definitely a full buffet. Includes beverages, hot dishes, a very large fruit assortment, and an omelet bar. I skipped the omelets, but everything else was very fresh and tasty.

Your name is placed on a list for the restaurant host/ess. No worries about receiving the benefit.
Old Aug 30, 2014, 6:22 pm

Programs: UA 4.3MM LT-GS; AA1MM; Amtrak SE; MAR LT TITAN; PC Plat; HIL DIA; HYA GLOB
Miami / Airport Marriott / Closed Weekends & Xmas; Lounge open for brekkie only (6:30-10:00am) on weekends; key accessible 24/7 for access to water, soda, and the one Internet computer. 8/30/14 update.
Old Sep 1, 2014, 12:36 am

Programs: UA 1K, Bonvoy Titanium
San Francisco Marriott Union Square
Lounge closed on weekends, vouchers for continental breakfast in restaurant, upcharge to full breakfast $6 per person (as of 8/31/14)
Old Sep 1, 2014, 8:14 am

Originally Posted by bk3day
Confirming that Berlin Marriott lounge is open 7 days/wk as of Aug 22

Welcome letter stated free wifi in lounge but I had never saw a separate lounge network as is often the practice. iirc,the letter also mentioned free use of lounge tablets but I never saw àny nor asked about them.

Breakfast is rather typical, scrambled eggs, sausage/ bacon & potatoes. Assortment of cereals, fruits & cheeses.

Midday is assorted pastries

Evening is pretty substantial. Stayed this past Friday night and saw spinach soup, chicken breast, vegetarian pasta, rice, assorted desserts and more.

Late evening is wine & cheese.

Fwiw, there is a self serve beer tap ánd multi function cappuccino machine.

Finally, the welcome letter made no distinction between Gold & Plats and stated that breakfast if had in the restaurant would be an up charge (can't recall exact amount but if was over 25 euro)

Quick update on Berlin Marriott (staying there at the moment) --

for Plats & Golds breakfast is the same price for everyone in the Midtown Grill - 32 euros / person (no discount)

Plats & Golds receive 10 per cent discount on drinks and snacks in Catwalk bar.

Opening hours of the lounge is 6:00 am to midnight. M - F lounge breakfast is 6:30 am to 10:30 am // Saturday & Sunday lounge breakfast is 7:00 am - 11:00 am.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.