Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Marriott | Marriott Bonvoy
Reload this Page >

MASTER THREAD: Domestic & International Executive Lounges Open/Closed on Weekends

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Dec 15, 2016, 7:50 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: itsaboutthejourney
Post #1 of this sticky has the current updates for exec lounge & breakfast for JW Marriott, Renaissance, Autograph Collection, Marriott, and Delta hotels worldwide. It also includes Courtyards in Asia. Please refer to post #1 for information.
Print Wikipost

MASTER THREAD: Domestic & International Executive Lounges Open/Closed on Weekends

Search this Thread

Old May 5, 2014, 5:20 pm

Los Angeles / Renaissance Los Angeles Airport / CLOSED Weekends & Holidays; Cont'l brekkie in restaurant

$6 upcharge for full breakfast (omelette station, sausage, bacon), stayed May 2-4 as Gold
Old May 7, 2014, 5:33 am

Programs: WN 3 Million Miler, MR Lifetime Titanium, HH Diamond, IHG Plat, AA Silver, United never again
Originally Posted by ncgator
update New Orleans Renaissance Pere Marquette

full breakfast for 2 (full menu and buffet, can even combine as a couple of us did) Option of 750 pts/day as well if you don't use the coupons.

small room off the bar area open 24 hrs (key accessible) with waters/soda/coffee

5-7pm appetizers daily in restaurant bar though we never got back in time to see what they actually were.
I had no charge to order anything off the menu. The coupons mention a continental breakfast for two, but I was able to order anything off the menu or to use the buffet. OJ, tea and milk all at no charge.

$10 coupon for G/P/PP cannot be used for tips.

The bar area is small. Each G/P/PP may order two appetizers from he regular menu at no cost. The 24 Hr drink room is nice.

Construction across the street for at least the next year. Was given a room away from construction without being asked.

Last edited by Texas Booster; May 8, 2014 at 8:26 pm Reason: update appetizers
Old May 12, 2014, 9:06 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1K 1MM; Marriott LT Titanium; Amex MR; Chase UR; Hertz PC; Global Entry
* Cleveland / Marriott Downtown at Key Center / CLOSED Weekends & Holidays; Full brekkie in restaurant; i-net terminal/printer;

Visited 4/2014

Full breakfast in restaurant
500 bonus points posted
$10 F&B coupon (Which I used for water bottles at sundry shop)

Good visit.
Old May 15, 2014, 4:35 pm

Jacksonville, FL. -- FS Marriott

I am a LT Plat.

Stayed Thursday May 8 - Saturday May 10

Offered $10.00 credit or 500 points. Took points.

Lounge is closed on weekends. Offered full breakfast for Saturday or 750 points. Took points again, all of which posted within 72 hours of checkout.

Not certain that the lounge can be accessed with room card when it is closed.

Paid for stay with two one night Marriott Visa certificates, as this hotel is listed as a Category 3, which in my opinion makes it a great property for award redemptions or use of coupons. Every aspect of my stay was positive.
Old May 15, 2014, 10:09 pm

Programs: AA EXP, AA Admirals Club, Marriott PLT Premier, Hertz President's Circle
* Sugar Land / Marriott Town Square / CLOSED; COUPONS for Golds & Plats; 1/6/13 update

Accurate as of 5/2014
Old May 17, 2014, 7:32 am

Programs: UA 4.3MM LT-GS; AA1MM; Amtrak SE; MAR LT TITAN; PC Plat; HIL DIA; HYA GLOB
* Newark / Liberty International Airport Marriott / CLOSED Weekends & All Major Holidays; Coupon said it was for continental breakfast in the restaurant (but the waitress offered me any full hot breakfast off the menu); 5/14 update
Old May 20, 2014, 8:02 am

Hi SkiAdcock– this thread obviously took you so much time to build (and maintain with all new comments/updates), where does everyone on this site find the time !

Is there any way to create another thread, or add to this one, with details about the lounges? I always find myself emailing each hotel for details but it would be great to just be able to check back here. I’ll share for some people to help with the hotels I’ve been to this year:

Lisbon MC – Average size lounge on 17th floor with outdoor terrace and reception/concierge staff available during all opening hours. Breakfast is small but platinum can also eat in main buffet restaurant. Dinner is small but well created with small selection of alcohol, local wine and beer (but they’ll get you Heineken if you ask

Prague MC – Massive two (or maybe three) story lounge but not staffed except during food hours. Breakfast selection is dreadfully small (and pretty dreadful). Dinner selection is very small (and dreadful) as well but with local beer, wine and premium alcohol.

Vienna Ren Imperial Riding – Massive lounge on ground floor of exec wing. Staff available during all opening hours. Breakfast selection is very large and they take requests for things not at their large buffet. Dinner selection is equally large with wine but no premium alcohol. Heineken is available throughout the day along with colas and water (only lounge I know where beer is free the whole day).

Amsterdam MC – Massive ground floor lounge with private outdoor terrace. No staff on hand except for food service. Breakfast is massive, almost larger than their regular buffet in the main restaurant, and they take special requests. Dinner is equally massive with great selection of premium alcohol, beer and wine.

JW Bucharest – Average size lounge staffed only during meal hours. Breakfast is small but both warm and cold, good selection. Dinner is a full meal (chicken, roast potatoes and asparagus spears on my visit) with premium alcohol, imported beer and wine.

JW Bangkok – Massive lounge with large outdoor terrace on the 16th floor. Two reception/concierge staff on duty from opening to closing outside and several wait staff on duty inside including a chef for their large open air kitchen during breakfast and dinner. As you can imagine, with an open air kitchen and private chef – inside the lounge itself, breakfast and dinner are complete meals and special requests are accepted as well. Four hours of happy hour include horrible wine but premium alcohol and imported beer. Also sweets, snacks, sandwiches and more are served between breakfast and dinner so you never need to leave the hotel or eat anywhere else

JW Jakarta – Massive lounge with reception staff available all day. Large breakfast selection and large dinner selection with premium alcohol and imported beer and wine.

In the next three months I'll be at the MC Berlin, MC Cologne and Paris MC Rive Gauche so if anyone knows full details about their services I'd appreciate knowing.
Old May 20, 2014, 9:40 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend
Original Poster

Programs: UALifetimePremierGold, Marriott LifetimeTitanium
Originally Posted by JamesEaston
Hi SkiAdcock– this thread obviously took you so much time to build (and maintain with all new comments/updates), where does everyone on this site find the time !

Is there any way to create another thread, or add to this one, with details about the lounges? I always find myself emailing each hotel for details but it would be great
James, welcome to Flyertalk! And thanks for putting together that list. The best place to find the info you're asking about (& have provided) is in the individual property threads or family-property threads in the Marriott forum. Most people do a search (upper right corner of the Marriott forum) for properties they're staying at to get more details re: properties & lounges. The purpose of this thread (and post #1) is to provide a 'quick snapshot' of the exec lounge situation on the weekend.

Cheers.
Old May 20, 2014, 11:59 am

Thanks Sharon. Will try the search function, if nothing relevant will revert to my old way of emailing the hotels for details
Old May 22, 2014, 11:44 pm

Programs: AA EXP, Marriott Platinum, SPG Platinum, Hilton Gold, IHG Gold
Zurich / Renaissance / Didn't ask about report of hotel closing, so assume it is accurate. Regarding the club closure, I was given a certificate for a drink in the bar as well as a gift of sausage, cheese and crackers in the room on arrival. This is in addition to the platinum arrival gift. Can't comment on the breakfast situation as I was off to the airport in the morning and skipped breakfast. 5/12/14

* Zurich / Marriott / OPEN; key accessible 24/7 as well; one computer with printer in lounge. 5/7/14
Old May 24, 2014, 10:29 am

We stayed at the Marriott Suites OHare (Rosemont) last weekend for a convention. I was offered 750 points or breakfast for my Friday night stay. I am gold.

Maggie
Old May 26, 2014, 7:00 am

Programs: US Airways Gold Preferred, Marriott Rewards Platinum, Hilton Gold
Dallas Renaissance

Stay: 5/16-5/18/14

Lounge: CLOSED

Given coupons for continental breakfast in hotel which was for the "cold" side of the buffet. There was a charge of $5 to upgrade to the warm side of the buffet. I was successful on Sunday morning of getting them to let me order something off the menu with the $5 upgrade (cinnamon apple brioche French toast).
Old May 26, 2014, 12:45 pm

Programs: DL SkyMiles, MR, HH, ICH/PC, Avis Pref., Hertz Gold
Originally Posted by ncgator
Arrived Friday afternoon 7/19.

Lounge open until 10pm for water and drinks Friday only
offered 750 points or continental breakfast with NO option to upgrade to other breakfast options.
This has changed - for the better!

Property: Seattle Renaissance Downtown
Arrived: Friday, May 24, 2014
Lounge: Closed
Breakfast coupons offered, says "continental" on them but both the front desk and wait staff in the restaurant said that it allowed full breakfast (buffet & omelet bar). "We changed because we had too many complaints..."
Coupon says "gratuity included" but I was happy to add.
Old May 26, 2014, 9:55 pm

Programs: IHG Diamond Elite, Hilton Diamond, Hertz President's Circle
Originally Posted by lily23
Renaissance Chicago downtown - Stayed April 17th to 20th

Lounge is closed on weekends from Noon Friday to 5 pm Sunday. Breakfast vouchers were offered for the restaurant (continental buffet breakfast, and $6 more for the full hot buffet with omelettes, etc) or 750 points. However, I was not charged the $6 for the upgraded breakfast - not sure if that is standard, or if the server was just really nice.
I was also not charged, 3 days in a row (Memorial Day weekend 2014). The restaurant was very unorganized. Customers were getting mad because two thirds of the tables were not being used but cluttered with dishes. Hostess was taking some names on a list but not everyone and customers became vocal when some tried to move ahead of others. Manager came out on Saturday and told his staff to call him if this ever happens again and he started bussing tables. But on Sunday, when I did not see him, it was worse. They only offered me 175 points per day for not taking the vouchers (each voucher is good for 2 people), though. Lounge is also closed on holidays (for Memorial Day weekend from noon Friday to 5 PM Monday).

Last edited by CalItalian; May 26, 2014 at 10:02 pm
Old May 27, 2014, 3:56 am

Programs: AA-EXP, MR-PP
Durham / Marriott at Research Triangle Park / CLOSED; Breakfast for Gold/Plat in the restaurant, no coupon required just provide room number; key accessible; no computer/printer in lounge; 04/13/14 update

Didn't change as of april 13th 2014

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.