Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Marriott | Marriott Bonvoy
Reload this Page >

Courtyard Waikiki or Waikiki Marriott

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Sep 1, 2018, 11:42 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: margarita girl
Hotel email addresses:

Marriott Waikiki: [email protected]
Courtyard Waikiki: [email protected]

Waikiki Marriott is full buffet breakfast daily for elite+1 or 1,000 points - Plat arrival gift option

Resort fee: $37+tax
--- One macadamia nut candy (comes with 2 pieces of candy)
--- Fitness classes daily
--- Cultural classes daily
--- Enhanced internet
--- 60 minutes of long distance and international calls daily
--- Blu-ray or DVD rentals
--- Press Reader newspaper and magazine downloads
--- 1 introductory scuba or snorkel lesson, one per family (this is subject to availability as the shop needs to first have a paid booking before they can offer the free lesson in the morning)
Print Wikipost

Courtyard Waikiki or Waikiki Marriott

Search this Thread

Old Jan 29, 2018, 10:16 am

Programs: Aeroplan 25K, Marriott Plat
I just checked in for 5 nights at the Mariott Beach Resort Waikiki and got 5 breakfast vouchers. I have Gold. I thought there should be 10 vouchers, that my wife should get them to. (She's Silver if that matters.) They say only 5 because they're a resort. Is that right? Thanks.
Old Jan 29, 2018, 10:57 am

Programs: AS Million Miler/Marriott Lifetime Titanium/ IGH Ambassador
Originally Posted by ride red
I just checked in for 5 nights at the Mariott Beach Resort Waikiki and got 5 breakfast vouchers. I have Gold. I thought there should be 10 vouchers, that my wife should get them to. (She's Silver if that matters.) They say only 5 because they're a resort. Is that right? Thanks.

nothing in life is totally free. If all Silvers got the same as Gold and PLT then why go past Silver? Really now
Old Jan 29, 2018, 12:35 pm

Programs: MR LT Titanium, IHG Plat.,UA Premier Silver, & PA/OH Turnpike Million Miler
Originally Posted by ride red
As a resort, they are exempt from providing breakfast to elite members. So while it is tacky to only give you 5 breakfast vouchers, by the book it is 5 more than you're strictly entitled to.

--Jon
Old Jan 29, 2018, 2:02 pm
Suspended

Programs: Delta Diamond, Marriott Ambassador & Lifetime Titanium, Hertz President's Circle, United Silver
Originally Posted by Jon Maiman
As a resort, they are exempt from providing breakfast to elite members. So while it is tacky to only give you 5 breakfast vouchers, by the book it is 5 more than you're strictly entitled to.

--Jon
You should always play around with either the package or member tabs when making a reservation, as often there is a package or Rewards member-only deal with breakfast included. Not just here, but other properties. Sometimes it's actually a good deal.
Old Jan 29, 2018, 3:06 pm

Originally Posted by hockeyinsider
You should always play around with either the package or member tabs when making a reservation, as often there is a package or Rewards member-only deal with breakfast included. Not just here, but other properties. Sometimes it's actually a good deal.
Excellent point and so true!
Old Jan 29, 2018, 6:40 pm

Programs: Aeroplan 25K, Marriott Plat
Originally Posted by edgewood49
nothing in life is totally free. If all Silvers got the same as Gold and PLT then why go past Silver? Really now
I thought it was worth mentioning to potentially save someone the trouble of asking if she was gold as well, if her status happened to matter. But thanks for the life advice, captain obvious.

Originally Posted by Jon Maiman

--Jon
Perfect, thanks!

Originally Posted by hockeyinsider
Yeah, that's good advice but I'm on a reward stay, so not many booking options for me this time.
Old May 21, 2018, 5:54 pm
Original Member

Has anyone stayed at the Waikiki CY lately? The reviews I've read are bad...we were thinking of upgrading my TP cat 1-5 cert to cat 7 to stay here. Are there any good rooms there? Which building has the renovated rooms? Are there any quiet rooms? Appreciate any advice. Thanks!
Old May 22, 2018, 7:24 am
Suspended

Programs: Delta Diamond, Marriott Ambassador & Lifetime Titanium, Hertz President's Circle, United Silver
Originally Posted by sggolf
Has anyone stayed at the Waikiki CY lately? The reviews I've read are bad...we were thinking of upgrading my TP cat 1-5 cert to cat 7 to stay here. Are there any good rooms there? Which building has the renovated rooms? Are there any quiet rooms? Appreciate any advice. Thanks!
I know the Courtyard is a category down from both the Laylow, Autograph Collection and the Marriott Waikiki Beach, but the savings in terms of points probably isn't worth it. Especially until we know what breakfast amenity the Courtyard will offer under the new combined Marriott-SPG program.
Old May 22, 2018, 8:59 am

I would avoid the Laylow and go for the real Marriott
Old May 22, 2018, 11:50 am

Programs: UA Silver, AA Gold, DL Medallion, MR Plat
They were still finishing up the refurbish when I was last there but I was in a remodeled room and it wasn't great.

The quality of the work was really shoddy, and it detracted from the usefulness of the room and the room I was in originally had a functioning balcony and it was permanently closed (other rooms were only temporary I think)

We were only there 1 night as it was our heading back night, and it was OK for that, If you are staying in Waikiki for several days I would suggest the Marriott Waikiki is a better choice.
Old May 22, 2018, 1:00 pm

Originally Posted by bresnab
They were still finishing up the refurbish when I was last there but I was in a remodeled room and it wasn't great.

The quality of the work was really shoddy, and it detracted from the usefulness of the room and the room I was in originally had a functioning balcony and it was permanently closed (other rooms were only temporary I think)

We were only there 1 night as it was our heading back night, and it was OK for that, If you are staying in Waikiki for several days I would suggest the Marriott Waikiki is a better choice.
Whats interesting is that the property has been "refreshed" several time I stayed in the first and second and had the same reaction cheap cheap cheap.
bresnab likes this.
Old Jun 4, 2018, 11:54 am
Original Member

Any tips on which tower or type of room to stay at Courtyard. I couldn't tell if staying in the main hotel or the tower was best. Appreciate any tips. Wish we had more points to upgrade further to Marriott Waikiki but don't.
Old Jun 4, 2018, 1:03 pm

Any tips on which tower or type of room to stay at Courtyard. I couldn't tell if staying in the main hotel or the tower was best. Appreciate any tips. Wish we had more points to upgrade further to Marriott Waikiki but don't.
Back building.
Old Jun 4, 2018, 2:45 pm
Suspended

The Laylow, Autograph Collection, which is not my favorite hotel due to their disingenuous execution of Marriott terms and conditions, is the same award-redemption category at the Courtyard Waikiki. Why not book there? Much better hotel, if only rooms and the daily vouchers toward all or part of a breakfast. Plus, it's marginally closer to the beach.
Old Jun 4, 2018, 3:15 pm
Original Member

Thanks for your note. Laylow is a Category 8.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.