Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Marriott | Marriott Bonvoy
Reload this Page >

Courtyard Waikiki or Waikiki Marriott

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Sep 1, 2018, 11:42 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: margarita girl
Hotel email addresses:

Marriott Waikiki: [email protected]
Courtyard Waikiki: [email protected]

Waikiki Marriott is full buffet breakfast daily for elite+1 or 1,000 points - Plat arrival gift option

Resort fee: $37+tax
--- One macadamia nut candy (comes with 2 pieces of candy)
--- Fitness classes daily
--- Cultural classes daily
--- Enhanced internet
--- 60 minutes of long distance and international calls daily
--- Blu-ray or DVD rentals
--- Press Reader newspaper and magazine downloads
--- 1 introductory scuba or snorkel lesson, one per family (this is subject to availability as the shop needs to first have a paid booking before they can offer the free lesson in the morning)
Print Wikipost

Courtyard Waikiki or Waikiki Marriott

Search this Thread

Old Mar 26, 2013, 6:47 pm

Programs: Delta GM, (fmr US CP/PP/GP!), DL SkyClub, Marriott Lifetime Platinum, Avis Chairman's Club
Originally Posted by edgewood49
you know if you want to "get away" I totally agree with you. If you want more variety in dinning options and or scenery then the Waikiki is better. And after the remodel Ko Olina is really nice !

Enjoy I will be there same time but " on the beach" !!!!
At night, when restaurants are important, the drive from Ko Olina into town for restaurants is relaxed and easy, so the dining options are basically the same, except some restaurants are within walking distance of Waikiki, while almost all restaurants (except a Roy's walking distance from the hotel lobby entrance) require a drive from Ko Olina.
Old Mar 27, 2013, 8:37 am

Programs: UA Gold, Marriott Titanium, Hilton Silver, Hertz
Originally Posted by sammyindc
Yes it's 7 days a week but the breakfast wasn't that impressive. They were renovating the restaurant and had a set up in one of the ballrooms. Hopefully it will be better when the renovations are over.

If you're going for a vacation I'd recommend the JW. Going there for a vacation for 7 nights in exactly one month.
This is the tail end of a 2 week trip, we'll be in Maui at the Wailea Beach Marriott before this and in LA for the Breeders Cup at Santa Anita before that!

We've never been to Oahu before so plan on doing a lot of sight-seeing (Pearl Harbor, hike up to Diamond Head, etc.) and we figured Waikiki would work out well in terms of easy choices and short walks for happy hour/dinner at the end of what promise to be busy days.

If we were going to Oahu to hang at the beach for a week, we would have definitely looked at the JW.

Thanks for the confirmation on the breakfast being 7 days a week.
Old Apr 11, 2013, 2:11 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend, Moderator, Information Desk, Ambassador, Alaska Airlines
Hilton Contributor BadgeIHG Contributor Badge

Programs: AS MVP Gold100K, AS 1MM, Maika`i Card, AGR, HH Gold, Hertz PC, Marriott Titanium LTG, CO, 7H, BA, 8E
Just checked in moments ago and overrode incomm thermostat to VIP

Was upgraded to an Ocean View prior to checking in (booked LNF Partial Ocean View) and upon checkin asked if any suites were avail- no, but I was put in a "View of Waikiki Beach, Ocean View with balcony" which isn't too bad.

Originally Posted by sammyindc
Wanted to give you guys an update regarding the Waikiki Beach Marriott Resort & Spa. Also posted it on the Exe Lounge Threat. As of Feb 1 they will be offering free breakfast coupons for Golds & Plats as part of the $25 resort fee. Currently staying there and was offered coupons for the breakfast buffet for each day of my stay.
Originally Posted by nachosdelux
Breakfast buffet doesn't look like much (from the outside) but it was pretty good with made to order omelets, waffles, fruit, etc. Maybe not worth $22/person but it was free so no complaints. The servers there were super friendly.

Aloha!
How many vouchers are folks getting? I understand its one Mai Tai each but is it only one voucher per room for breakfast buffet? That's what the agent said at checkin... (There's two of us in the room)
Old Apr 11, 2013, 6:48 pm

Programs: Delta GM, (fmr US CP/PP/GP!), DL SkyClub, Marriott Lifetime Platinum, Avis Chairman's Club
Originally Posted by beckoa
Just checked in moments ago and overrode incomm thermostat to VIP

....snip....
Okay, I'll bite, just what does "overrode incomm thermostat to VIP" mean?
Old Apr 12, 2013, 11:31 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend, Moderator, Information Desk, Ambassador, Alaska Airlines

Programs: AS MVP Gold100K, AS 1MM, Maika`i Card, AGR, HH Gold, Hertz PC, Marriott Titanium LTG, CO, 7H, BA, 8E
Originally Posted by USirritated
This:

Originally Posted by toyoman
We all suffered with the same issue at a meeting a couple of years ago at the Intercontinental Hotel in Chicago. The "VIP override" procedure I was able to get out of the maintenance personnel is as follows. I recall it was for an Inncom thermostat, it did work.

- While holding down "display"
- Press "off", then
- Press "Up" arrow
- Release "display" button

This enters the VIP mode which turns off the motion sensor, and allows a lower range of the thermostat so you can get the room really cold.
Much more pleasant ^
Old Apr 12, 2013, 11:39 pm

How many vouchers are folks getting? I understand its one Mai Tai each but is it only one voucher per room for breakfast buffet? That's what the agent said at checkin... (There's two of us in the room)
I asked the next morning about getting a second coupon. The agent was adament they only give out one per room I brought down the 'resort' card complete with the unused voucher for a Mai Tai and turned this in with the breakfast voucher for a negotiated refund of the $25 resort fee. It was explained this was a "one time courtesy", especially since we arrived around 10 PM that night (short visit) and didn't use the 'resort' features. Oh and I really lucked out with parking on the street although I did have to wake up at 7 AM and put in quarters ($0.25 per 10 minutes!)
Old Apr 14, 2013, 1:13 am

This:
Originally Posted by toyoman
We all suffered with the same issue at a meeting a couple of years ago at the Intercontinental Hotel in Chicago. The "VIP override" procedure I was able to get out of the maintenance personnel is as follows. If recall it was for an Inncom thermostat and it did work.

- While holding down "display"
- Press "off", then
- Press "Up" arrow
- Release "display" button

This enters the VIP mode which turns off the motion sensor, and allows a lower range of the thermostat so you can get the room really cold.
Much more pleasant ^
This sounds really kewl, and this works for Inncomm electronic thermostats in most or all hotels?
Old May 8, 2013, 12:32 am

Programs: AA, AS, Marriott
I asked the next morning about getting a second coupon. The agent was adament they only give out one per room
I was told the same thing upon check-in tonight. I guess the other half and I need to decide who will get breakfast each morning.

The resort fee is a total rip off, especially as a Platinum. In the future, I think I'll take my chances with the Courtyard and IHOP across the street for breakfast.
Old May 8, 2013, 3:19 am

This sounds really kewl, and this works for Inncomm electronic thermostats in most or all hotels?
Yes its a great feature Air won't shut off randomly at night...

Originally Posted by Majuki
I was told the same thing upon check-in tonight. I guess the other half and I need to decide who will get breakfast each morning.

The resort fee is a total rip off, especially as a Platinum. In the future, I think I'll take my chances with the Courtyard and IHOP across the street for breakfast.
I thought if they gave two vouchers it could be a compromise... I think as a Platinum you should raise your voice (metaphorically speaking) to them as this is not an elite friendly policy.
Old May 8, 2013, 4:11 am
Suspended

Programs: Marriott - P; HH - G; Hyatt - P; Avis - LT First
totally applicable..........

This sounds really kewl............
Old May 8, 2013, 5:34 am

Originally Posted by BKKLEE
totally applicable..........
Okay, you actually got a chuckle out of me on that one, I couldn't help myself!
Old May 8, 2013, 9:18 am

Programs: AA-LEP,United-1K Again!, USAIR-CHRMN, MW Plat Prem, SW-Gold, Hilton-Silver, Hertz-Platnium
Originally Posted by edgewood49
You know it in many cases all depends on who you get at check in. I have been staying here for over 30 years and it's always inconsistent !!!! Sometimes mentioning " as a Diamond don't I get those included ? " and that seems to work, sometimes, what the Diamond desk told me was that the only time "officially" that the fee is waived is when on points.

We are returning for Memorial weekend and paying and I will write after I see what they do. I am interested to see the Ali'i after remodel.
There are a number of corporate rates that have the resort fee waived as well.
Old Sep 6, 2013, 9:59 am

Programs: HH Silver, MR Plat Prem & LT Plat, Hyatt Plat,SPG Plat, Hertz PC, National EE, UA 1K
Increased resort charges?

I have a reservation for next week, and the reservation page now states a $30 per night resort charge. My original resie says $25...looks like it might have went up? Edit:This is at the full service Marriott
Old Sep 6, 2013, 11:37 am

Programs: AA Ex Platinum & 1MM, DL PLT, Marriott Gold, HH Diamond
Originally Posted by PhillyPhlyer40
I have a reservation for next week, and the reservation page now states a $30 per night resort charge. My original resie says $25...looks like it might have went up? Edit:This is at the full service Marriott
Yup-I'm seeing the same thing & it was $25/night earlier this week. Thankfully I am on a corporate rate which, allegedly, treats this fee as 'optional', though the base rate has gone up substantially from last year. Be interesting to see what happens @ check-in, but I've got the e-mails from the 2 front desk people on-site saying optional & not applicable for my rate
Old Sep 6, 2013, 2:45 pm

Programs: AS Million Miler/Marriott Lifetime Titanium/ IGH Ambassador
Originally Posted by PhillyPhlyer40
Just bring a copy with you should be fine. These resort fees are getting absurd. While i can appreciate having a single fee for internet, paper etc their getting carried away with these. Kinda like bag fees.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.