Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Marriott | Marriott Bonvoy
Reload this Page >

Courtyard Waikiki or Waikiki Marriott

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Sep 1, 2018, 11:42 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: margarita girl
Hotel email addresses:

Marriott Waikiki: [email protected]
Courtyard Waikiki: [email protected]

Waikiki Marriott is full buffet breakfast daily for elite+1 or 1,000 points - Plat arrival gift option

Resort fee: $37+tax
--- One macadamia nut candy (comes with 2 pieces of candy)
--- Fitness classes daily
--- Cultural classes daily
--- Enhanced internet
--- 60 minutes of long distance and international calls daily
--- Blu-ray or DVD rentals
--- Press Reader newspaper and magazine downloads
--- 1 introductory scuba or snorkel lesson, one per family (this is subject to availability as the shop needs to first have a paid booking before they can offer the free lesson in the morning)
Print Wikipost

Courtyard Waikiki or Waikiki Marriott

Search this Thread

Old Jan 3, 2013, 5:14 pm

Programs: Delta GM, (fmr US CP/PP/GP!), DL SkyClub, Marriott Lifetime Platinum, Avis Chairman's Club
Originally Posted by VickiSoCal
The only time they are allowed to book outside of Concur is when the booking is done by the corporate conference coordinator at conference hotels (how we ended up at the Fairmont) He has spoken to the travel coordinator, and she says that although they realize that select employees might get better rates thru means outside of Concur, the cost savings and control they exercise by forcing all bookings and expense reporting thru Concur, makes up for that.
What a bummer! (also a bit silly, IMHO)
Old Jan 3, 2013, 6:44 pm
Suspended

Originally Posted by edgewood49
Try to get a pool facing away from the road and NOT in the back tower! IHOP across the street.

Fairmont Maui one of my favorites !
If by back tower youre referring to the one where the salt water pool is located, thats the Only place I ask to be put into. That said I dont want a floor above the 8th or a room at either end they are small and no bath tub

Those are their so called Jr Suites

Will be there next week to blow my CC free night and thats the tower I asked for
Old Jan 3, 2013, 6:50 pm
Suspended

Originally Posted by USirritated
CY is not ON THE BEACH, it is a short walk to the beach, while FS is ON THE BEACH, does that figure into your thinking at all? Also, have you made any attempts to get the FS rate down a bit, such as rate codes and promos and such?
The FS is not 'ON' The Beach as the Surfrider or Royal Hawiian ++ are. Its across the street from the beach. And its very possible to get stuck in a room by Kuhio, which would be no different then being at The CY.The width of the MR doesnt face the beach but instead strides along the block between the beach road and Kuhio

Yes iits nicer then the CY but not if youre paying the going rate, with a LNF rate it probably will cost < The CY.Unless you can get The CY with a LNF as well.

Since its a resort no real benefits are obtainable
Old Jan 3, 2013, 8:35 pm

Programs: AS Million Miler/Marriott Lifetime Titanium/ IGH Ambassador
Originally Posted by craz
If by back tower youre referring to the one where the salt water pool is located, thats the Only place I ask to be put into. That said I dont want a floor above the 8th or a room at either end they are small and no bath tub

Those are their so called Jr Suites

Will be there next week to blow my CC free night and thats the tower I asked for
there is an "aux" building on the backside.
Old Jan 3, 2013, 8:59 pm
Suspended

you mean by the pool 2 or 3 storys?

When I got a high floor in the Rainbow Tower (salt water pool) its was a reg room with a Q not K. They then gave me a lower floor corner room 1st room on right off the El and that was smaller and only a shower I couldnt even fit in. Then sent me to that the aux, weird set up and couldnt leave the shades open as everyone walked right by there. But it was a large room, but no El!

Now the day I checked in the place was SO that night so no complaints and they moved me the next day, literally.I was heading out and the room wasnt gonna be ready till later on, so they sent someone to move all my stuff for me.

when I called about next Tues I simply asked for The Rainbow if possible witha tub on a not so high floor, expliane dthe El is so slow I now walk up & down. reason is the few top floors arent the JrSuites and the bath will KO any of the rooms with onlya shower.

If I dont get it no big deal its 1 night, but I prefer that Tower over the Main building where its alot more Pot luck with what you end up with
Old Jan 4, 2013, 1:37 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend, Moderator, Information Desk, Ambassador, Alaska Airlines
Hilton Contributor BadgeIHG Contributor Badge

Programs: AS MVP Gold100K, AS 1MM, Maika`i Card, AGR, HH Gold, Hertz PC, Marriott Titanium LTG, CO, 7H, BA, 8E
I too have stayed there three times, once when they first opened and then twice afterwards none up to Marriott standards, my opinion. Apparently a ownership group has taken several tired old hotels in the islands and reflagged them CY's. The one in Kona is at least on the water and rooms are nice, not great but nice, depending on which wing your in. Food and service certainly better.

Unless costs is a deal killer I urge anyone not to use the CY and stay at the "real" Marriott.

Happy New Year to all ! And lets hope AS stays solo
Hau’oli Makahiki Hou!

Makes sense in regard to the CY's- Kauai has one that's ok with a nice pool, and KOA is nicely located on Ali’i drive. HNL is not up to any standards as its all over the map. Nice looking lobby though

The FS is not 'ON' The Beach as the Surfrider or Royal Hawiian ++ are. Its across the street from the beach. And its very possible to get stuck in a room by Kuhio, which would be no different then being at The CY.The width of the MR doesnt face the beach but instead strides along the block between the beach road and Kuhio
Good location for 'bar hopping' though- and either are a lot cheaper then the Moana Surfrider. Did a SPG Cash & Points but was not worth the value I spent on it with a tired room facing the road (no SPG status )

Yes iits nicer then the CY but not if youre paying the going rate, with a LNF rate it probably will cost < The CY.Unless you can get The CY with a LNF as well.
Agree. I did get a killer LNF at the CY that I couldn't replicate for the FS.

An odd setup indeed. The noise from the valet parking lot was rather annoying with the car alarms going off as they searched for the cars...
Old Jan 4, 2013, 9:07 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

When booking the Courtyard keep an eye out for elite only rates at the far right- they are usually lower than any other, including AAA, and they book you into the "2 room suite" which is 2 tiny rooms- one with a sofa and one with a king. It's not what I'd really call a suite, but is better than their regular rooms. A few of them have a sliver of an ocean view as well.
Old Jan 29, 2013, 7:54 am

Programs: UA GS 1MM, Marriott Ambassador & Lifetime Titanium, Hilton Diamond
Wanted to give you guys an update regarding the Waikiki Beach Marriott Resort & Spa. Also posted it on the Exe Lounge Threat. As of Feb 1 they will be offering free breakfast coupons for Golds & Plats as part of the $25 resort fee. Currently staying there and was offered coupons for the breakfast buffet for each day of my stay.
Old Jan 29, 2013, 7:57 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: UALifetimePremierGold, Marriott LifetimeTitanium
Originally Posted by sammyindc
Wanted to give you guys an update regarding the Waikiki Beach Marriott Resort & Spa. Also posted it on the Exe Lounge Threat. As of Feb 1 they will be offering free breakfast coupons for Golds & Plats as part of the $25 resort fee. Currently staying there and was offered coupons for the breakfast buffet for each day of my stay.
Is it one coupon or two? Also, since it's part of the resort fee, are the coupons daily? Thanks for reporting. I'll update the exec lounge sticky.

Cheers.
Old Jan 29, 2013, 8:14 am

Programs: AS Million Miler/Marriott Lifetime Titanium/ IGH Ambassador
that eases the costs ! Especially given the higher price of the breakfast here!
Old Jan 29, 2013, 8:17 am

Programs: UA GS 1MM, Marriott Ambassador & Lifetime Titanium, Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by SkiAdcock
Is it one coupon or two? Also, since it's part of the resort fee, are the coupons daily? Thanks for reporting. I'll update the exec lounge sticky.

Cheers.
It's daily yes as far as how many, I'll have to double check. I'm here alone so only got for each day and it was 10pm when I check in after an 11 hour flight so forgot to ask

I'll report back with the info.
Also the resort fee for Golds & Plats cover a number of items including:
- 1 Mai Tai per day
- 25% food discount at the Kuhio Beach Grill or Moana Terrance (not sure if they will keep that with the coupons)
- Complimentary 60 minutes long distance and intl calls
- Complimentary 800 local calls
- Free meals for kids at the Kuhio Beach Grill and 2 free kids breakfast buffet (12 and under)
- Complimentary faxes up to 20 pages
- Complimentary internet (which we already get)
- Complimentary Fitness class daily
- Complimentary Cultural class daily (this kinda sounds interesting)
- $10 off surf lessons (I might try that )
- Complimentary newspapers

In my opinion, you do get quite a lot for the $25 resort fee. The cost of breakfast is between $18 and $27 (depending on the season) so you do get your money's worth.
Old Jan 29, 2013, 9:17 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Delta DM-3MM United Gold-MM Marriott Lifetime Titanium Hertz President's Circle
That would make a HUGE difference to me.

Bruce
Old Jan 29, 2013, 9:25 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Stupid question: is the resort fee mandatory?

This really evens the playing field for Marriotts and Hiltons on Waikiki. I am Platinum with Marriott but see no incentive to stay at the Marriott property with the "no breakfast at resort" restriction.

Years ago, I stayed at the Renaissance (which is no longer one). They pull the "we are a resort" thing on me. Fortunately, they had the word "hotel" right in their name so they ended up giving free breakfast to me.
Old Jan 29, 2013, 10:51 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: UALifetimePremierGold, Marriott LifetimeTitanium
It's daily yes as far as how many, I'll have to double check. I'm here alone so only got for each day and it was 10pm when I check in after an 11 hour flight so forgot to ask

- 1 Mai Tai per day
- 25% food discount at the Kuhio Beach Grill or Moana Terrance (not sure if they will keep that with the coupons)
- Free meals for kids at the Kuhio Beach Grill and 2 free kids breakfast buffet (12 and under)

In my opinion, you do get quite a lot for the $25 resort fee. The cost of breakfast is between $18 and $27 (depending on the season) so you do get your money's worth.
Sounds like you get a lot more than the other resort fees at different properties.

Cheers.
Old Jan 29, 2013, 12:09 pm

Programs: Delta GM, (fmr US CP/PP/GP!), DL SkyClub, Marriott Lifetime Platinum, Avis Chairman's Club

- 1 Mai Tai per day

There is no other way to put it, that's just a WOW, especially for Hawaii. Since they include free meals for two kids, there must be breakfast coupons for two included in that, and if not, I would be shocked.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.