Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Marriott | Marriott Bonvoy
Reload this Page >

Brooklyn Bridge Marriott (New York City) [Master Thread]

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Brooklyn Bridge Marriott (New York City) [Master Thread]

Search this Thread

Old Nov 21, 2011, 6:00 pm

Programs: united, Hilton, Amtrak
I'm interested in this one too

I canceled Marriott downtown and switched to thus one. Thanks.
Old Nov 21, 2011, 6:21 pm

Programs: Marriott Platinum, Hyatt Diam., Fairmont's PC, Starwood Gold, Hilton Gold
Try to reach out the hotel manager to get you a room on the upper floor, a corner room is possible with view of the statue of liberty

Yes there is nice lounge

Try the "promenade" in the area, with great views of the harbor and Manhattan

Enjoy your stay in NY
Old Nov 21, 2011, 6:51 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1K, MR LTT, HH Dia, Amex Plat
Lounge is closed on weekends. No breakfast on weekends either. Try mid week ;-)
Old Nov 22, 2011, 9:39 am

Thanks Savannah

Originally Posted by Savannah2000
Try to reach out the hotel manager to get you a room on the upper floor, a corner room is possible with view of the statue of liberty

Yes there is nice lounge

Try the "promenade" in the area, with great views of the harbor and Manhattan

Enjoy your stay in NY

This was very helpful. I saw pictures of the view from the cl on trip advisor. It looks pretty cool. Is the lounge completely closed on weekends and at night?

My gf and I are CL newbies. We might enjoy just sitting in there and enjoying the view even if there is no food on friday night and Saturday morning. Is the room completely closed over the weekend, or does that mean that there is no food available or staff present, and guest can use the lounge anyway.

Thanks.
Old Nov 22, 2011, 10:49 am

Programs: Marriott Rewards Lifetime Titanium, Amex Plat, Hertz Gold 5*, National Exec, AA Plat
Just remember: The Rolexes on the corner are fake and the bridge is NOT FOR SALE! Have fun!
Old Nov 22, 2011, 11:16 am

Now THAT was the best information i've gotten all day

Originally Posted by Mr. Vker
Just remember: The Rolexes on the corner are fake and the bridge is NOT FOR SALE! Have fun!

This input was not necessary and not appreciated. Not everyone who comes on here is a traveler who is on the road 100 nights or more a year and knows everything.

I believe my questions are appropriate, and are an effort to maximize my experience at the hotel without having unrealistic expectations regarding room upgrades and concierge lounge experiences. And also, to avoid being disruptive to members who are using the lounge for work.

I appreciate the assitance
that I have received from the rest of you. thanks.
Old Nov 22, 2011, 11:44 am
Ambassador: Emirates Airlines

Looks like someone has had a SOH bypass.
Old Nov 22, 2011, 11:51 am

Programs: Marriott Rewards Lifetime Titanium, Amex Plat, Hertz Gold 5*, National Exec, AA Plat
Originally Posted by steve4031
This input was not necessary and not appreciated. Not everyone who comes on here is a traveler who is on the road 100 nights or more a year and knows everything.

I believe my questions are appropriate, and are an effort to maximize my experience at the hotel without having unrealistic expectations regarding room upgrades and concierge lounge experiences. And also, to avoid being disruptive to members who are using the lounge for work.

I appreciate the assitance
that I have received from the rest of you. thanks.
WOW---SORRY! Its a short work week and just trying to have some fun. If it didnt make you laugh, I apologize.
Old Nov 22, 2011, 12:01 pm

I overreacted-sorry

Originally Posted by Mr. Vker
WOW---SORRY! Its a short work week and just trying to have some fun. If it didnt make you laugh, I apologize.

I misread your intent, and I apologize. Sometimes it is better to wait 24 hours before typing.
Old Nov 22, 2011, 12:55 pm

Originally Posted by steve4031
I misread your intent, and I apologize. Sometimes it is better to wait 24 hours before typing.
All good....Have a great trip.
Old Nov 24, 2011, 9:55 pm

Programs: MR Gold, DCL Silver, RSSC Silver
As a gold who will be staying at the Brooklyn Bridge Marriott soon, I appreciate this thread, including the jokes.
Old Nov 25, 2011, 10:00 am

Programs: Marriott LT Titanium Elite, United LT 1M Gold
I can't answer about the availability of the lounge - yes it will be closed with no food - some are able to be accessed with your key, mostly likely it will not be however.

What I will say is that this hotel does an excellent job in their treatment of Golds/Plats. If there is something they can realistically do for you, they will.

On our trip to NY last month by the way my wife and I walked across the Brooklyn Bridge - great experience - highly recommend it.

Enjoy your trips,

Bruce
Old Nov 27, 2011, 11:24 am

Programs: UA GS; Marriott Plat; IHG Plat Amb
I second the recommendation to walk/run across the Brooklyn Bridge - great views and lots of fun. Hopefully the lounge will be open when you're there, since as other have mentioned, it's fairly nice. The gym is also pretty decent.
Old Nov 27, 2011, 6:55 pm

my boss went there 2 weeks ago on a weekend. He is gold and got updraded to 1 bedroom suite and got brekkie for 2 in lieu of a closed lounge.
Old Jan 8, 2013, 11:39 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: HH Silver
Is there any recent feedback about this hotel poster care to share with this Marriott non-elite?

I'm holding a reservation in a few weeks at a great rate and had planned on sightseeing more of Brooklyn this trip and escape Midtown/Times Square so this hotel seems perfect but am still curious as to others first-hand experience with neighborhood, facilities, etc.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.