Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Marriott | Marriott Bonvoy
Reload this Page >

Brooklyn Bridge Marriott (New York City) [Master Thread]

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Brooklyn Bridge Marriott (New York City) [Master Thread]

Search this Thread

Old Oct 2, 2009, 10:23 am

Programs: Marriott LT Titanium Elite, United LT 1M Gold
It's been a while but if I remember correctly the BB Marriott is right on the A subway which will take you out to JFK. You exit at Howard Beach and catch shuttle bus to JFK.

Here's a link to the subway map:

http://www.mta.info/nyct/maps/submap.htm

I've not stayed at this property but it's where my daughter and son-in-law stayed on their honeymoon. They loved it, and were treated great by the staff.

Bruce
Old Oct 2, 2009, 11:53 am

Programs: Mariott Plat, *wood Plat, Hyatt Diamond, United 1K
Distance wise I would say it is closest to LGA (its about a 30$ 15 minute cab ride from LGA (no traffic). There is no convenient way to get from LGA to this area via transit.

From EWR, you're going to spend about 100$ via cab or take about an hour to an hour and a half via Airtrain/Path/NYC subway.
Old Oct 2, 2009, 7:15 pm

Programs: DL Diamond, Marriott Titanium, National Car Exec Elite
As BruceWG mentioned, A train will take you to JFK. LGA would require a cab, and I wouldn't even consider EWR if I were you.

Have never stayed at this property, but have attended numerous conferences. It's a nice facility. It's also easy access to NYC via the A or C trains, and a few others are within walking distance.

Grimaldi's, some of the best pizza in NYC, is also walking distance (every time I have an event at the Brooklyn Marriott, I walk over to Grimaldi's... yum)
Old Oct 2, 2009, 7:57 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: AA Plat 2MM, MR Gold, Avis Pref
thanks guys.. looks like I'll fly into Kennedy then

its supposedly a short walk to the office from here so thats cool too
Old Oct 2, 2009, 8:52 pm
Original Member

Programs: AA (Life Plat), Marriott (Life Titanium) and every other US program
I walked from the JW Marriott Times Square (where we had sushi) back to the Brooklyn Marriott. It was a very nice walk. But a little long for most people wearing a suit.
Old Oct 3, 2009, 4:14 am

Originally Posted by sbrower
I walked from the JW Marriott Times Square (where we had sushi) back to the Brooklyn Marriott. It was a very nice walk. But a little long for most people wearing a suit.
thats cool.. how long is a little long?
Old Oct 3, 2009, 9:32 am
Original Member

Programs: AA (Life Plat), Marriott (Life Titanium) and every other US program
About 3 hours, including a 30 minute rest stop at "night court" (runs 24 hours in NY).
Old Oct 3, 2009, 9:56 am

Programs: AA,BNV,HIL
Originally Posted by btravel112
Distance wise I would say it is closest to LGA (its about a 30$ 15 minute cab ride from LGA (no traffic). There is no convenient way to get from LGA to this area via transit.

From EWR, you're going to spend about 100$ via cab or take about an hour to an hour and a half via Airtrain/Path/NYC subway.
Note - this is for informational purposes only, I agree this route is not quick...
If you are on a budget, public trans from LGA is doable, though not a quick ride. Take the Q33 to Roosevelt-Jackson Hts., then F train to Jay St, then a 5 minute walk. Hotel is in a pretty good spot if you can't be in manhattan and it's a typical large Marriott.
Old Oct 3, 2009, 10:40 am

Programs: DL Plat,AA Plat,UA 1Peon,SW(WN) Passing Grade
JFK to Brooklyn via transit

Here's one other option:
The LIRR (Long Island Railroad) runs trains to/from a station in Brooklyn called "Flatbush Av", which puts you a 5 minute taxi ride from Brooklyn Marriott. They are called "City Terminal Zone" shuttle trains that make just 3 stops, one terminus is the Flatbush station in Brooklyn (corner of Flatbush Av and Atlantic Av).

From JFK, you can take the JFK Airtrain to it's end at the "Sutphin/Archer" station, which is the name of the Subway station, but it is also the LIRR "Jamaica" station. Look for the LIRR trains on the outdoor tracks as you take the skywalk from the JFK Airtrain across to the train/subway terminal.

Weekday schedule has City Terminal Zone trains about every 20minutes for the 18-20 minute ride -- but do check weekend times. Fare is $8 peak times, $6 off-peak.
Full info at www.mta.info, look for tab for Long Island RR.

This might be a better option for the return to JFK when you can time leaving Marriott to a LIRR train time. Or, just by personal preference for above-ground full-size train after being in plane rather than subway.

I've had pleasant stays at Brooklyn Marriott--they may come pick you up at "Flatbush" LIRR station. The views from the Concierge Lounge are wonderful!

Hope this is helpful!
Old Oct 3, 2009, 2:33 pm

Looks like I'll just fly into JFK

cab it into the hotel as I will arrive late at night

and take the train back for my mid morning return flight

its a biz trip so I'm not that concerned about cab fare (within reason)

thanks all

about the lounge.. is it a nice one?
Old Oct 19, 2009, 10:37 pm

update

spent three nights here and very much enjoyed my stay

checked in late but no problem

As a plat I was put in the south tower (which I wanted) on the 8th floor in an OK room with a blah view but thats fine.. I didn't complain.. there is an elite check in between 4 and 8 p.m. as well.

the room had a fridge which was nice.. and what made it nice was that it actually kept things nice and cold.

CL on the 23rd floor South tower called the Heights. It was a nice sized lounge. It had two non working computers. plenty of sodas water etc.. open all day too for soda. Had a wide variety of cheeses, snacks and one hot food at night and two hot foods in the a.m. It provided various NY newspapers. It was well run

the gym was fabulous for a hotel gym. free weights up to 100lb DB's; numerous Hammer strength machines, treadmills, ellipticals and some other crap I didn't use. its in the north tower so its a hike from the south tower.

I didn't use their wifi as I had my own verizon card so I can't comment on that.

the metro is close by for the 4,5 line to GCT (express no less) or the A,C to JFK (A goes to JFK).. both are a block away in either direction.

I cabbed it in late at night ($57 including tip) and metro/air train back.. ($7.25 total) and less than an hour on the train.

Overall I give this property an A- as had I gotten a better room it would have been an A but still.. I'd go back here in a heartbeat.
Old Oct 21, 2009, 10:05 pm

Programs: SU/DL/US/MR
Originally Posted by TrojanHorse
spent three nights here and very much enjoyed my stay

checked in late but no problem

As a plat I was put in the south tower (which I wanted) on the 8th floor in an OK room with a blah view but thats fine.. I didn't complain.. there is an elite check in between 4 and 8 p.m. as well.

the room had a fridge which was nice.. and what made it nice was that it actually kept things nice and cold.

CL on the 23rd floor South tower called the Heights. It was a nice sized lounge. It had two non working computers. plenty of sodas water etc.. open all day too for soda. Had a wide variety of cheeses, snacks and one hot food at night and two hot foods in the a.m. It provided various NY newspapers. It was well run

the gym was fabulous for a hotel gym. free weights up to 100lb DB's; numerous Hammer strength machines, treadmills, ellipticals and some other crap I didn't use. its in the north tower so its a hike from the south tower.

I didn't use their wifi as I had my own verizon card so I can't comment on that.

the metro is close by for the 4,5 line to GCT (express no less) or the A,C to JFK (A goes to JFK).. both are a block away in either direction.

I cabbed it in late at night ($57 including tip) and metro/air train back.. ($7.25 total) and less than an hour on the train.

Overall I give this property an A- as had I gotten a better room it would have been an A but still.. I'd go back here in a heartbeat.
I've stayed at this property a few times myself, I agree it's a great hotel. Access to anything in the entire NYC and North Jersey area is a breeze to accomplish.
Old Oct 22, 2009, 12:36 pm

Programs: AA-EXP & 1MM+, AS, MR-LTT, HH Gold
Originally Posted by TrojanHorse
spent three nights here and very much enjoyed my stay..................
Thanks for the update.
You stayed in the South Tower. Is it better than the North Tower? Is it possible to get a river view from either Towers?
Old Oct 22, 2009, 2:35 pm

Originally Posted by allset2travel
Thanks for the update.
You stayed in the South Tower. Is it better than the North Tower? Is it possible to get a river view from either Towers?
my only excursion to the north tower was to use the gym. I really have no idea what the views are from the NT
Old Nov 21, 2011, 10:50 am

Programs: UA 1P
First time as a gold to Marriott Brooklyn Bridge

What should I expect as a gold staying at the Brooklyn Bridge Marriott

It's a Friday/Saturday stay the 1st weekend of December?

Should I expect a room upgrade? Does that mean a suite or a better view/higher floor? Do I have to push them for the upgrade?

Does the hotel have a lounge? Free meal in the morning?

TIA
mudba

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.