Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Marriott | Marriott Bonvoy
Reload this Page >

Brooklyn Bridge Marriott (New York City) [Master Thread]

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Brooklyn Bridge Marriott (New York City) [Master Thread]

Search this Thread

Old Sep 26, 2014, 5:08 pm

Programs: UA GS; Marriott Plat; IHG Plat Amb
Echoing what others have said - this is a fairly typical large Marriott, and the location isn't bad (especially if you are heading to MetroTech for work).
Old Nov 26, 2014, 11:42 am

Programs: AA GLD, Marriott PLT, Hilton Diamond
I have an upcoming stay at the Marriott Brooklyn Bridge.
As a PLT, can I expect an "upgrade" to a concierge level room? Or is it better to take a larger room or room with a nicer view over more convenient access to the lounge? My stay is currently checking on on a Monday and out on Saturday. But I may change the Friday night stay to another hotel as I'll be on my own dime and probably meeting a friend in Manhattan.

I see the restaurant is being renovated and that the MetroTech room is being used as a fill in. I guess that is a ballroom/meeting room? Whatever. Not a big deal to me as I am unlikely to use the hotel restaurant (though I might want to use a hotel bar)

FWIW, I'll be flying in and out of LGA (AA has limited flights to and from JFK and DFW)
Old Jan 30, 2015, 11:39 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: UALifetimePremierGold, Marriott LifetimeTitanium
Just read on Insiders that the Brooklyn Marriott is in the midst of renovating their restaurant & has dropped room service (even after the renovations are complete).

Frogs posted on Insiders:

"They have started renovations on the restaurant and moved operations to a temporary room. During these renovations they have stopped room service stating that they couldn't figure out how to accommodate this service. I find that odd since I can call down and they will provide carryout service. When I commented that it will be nice to have that service back after renovations they indicated that the management is not bringing room service back."

Cheers.
Old Jan 30, 2015, 11:42 am
Original Member

Programs: AA EXP
Originally Posted by SkiAdcock
Just read on Insiders that the Brooklyn Marriott is in the midst of renovating their restaurant & has dropped room service (even after the renovations are complete).

Frogs posted on Insiders:

"They have started renovations on the restaurant and moved operations to a temporary room. During these renovations they have stopped room service stating that they couldn't figure out how to accommodate this service. I find that odd since I can call down and they will provide carryout service. When I commented that it will be nice to have that service back after renovations they indicated that the management is not bringing room service back."

Cheers.

I don't believe they can maintain full Marriott Status without having room service.

Last edited by redrock; Jan 30, 2015 at 11:49 am
Old Jan 30, 2015, 12:04 pm

Originally Posted by redrock
I don't believe they can maintain full Marriott Status without having room service.
That was a question I had - don't they have to offer it in order to maintain full Marriott status?

Cheers.
Old Jan 30, 2015, 1:45 pm
Senior Moderator

Programs: UA Plat/2MM [23-yr. 1K, now emeritus] clawing way back to WN-A List; MR LT Titanium; HY Whateverist.
While attending an annual event here for several years in my pre-Gold days, I got to meet the property Exec. Chef who gave me an insider tour of the kitchen. It's huge, well-equipped, and should be able to accommodate room service without missing a beat. Maybe it's the wait and kitchen staff they're seeking to cut back on??

This property gets a high number of large events plus regular international airline crews. Its excellent subway access to Manhattan's financial district make it a good choice even for NYC. Therefore, I'd also be surprised if room service were going away permanently.
Old Jan 31, 2015, 7:31 am

Programs: AC SE100K, Marriott Lifetime Platinum
Originally Posted by redrock
You'd be surprised. Marriott East Side in NYC dropped room service over a year ago. I had an in length conversation about this with the manager and in short, it's not economically feasible anymore...there are too many other options like Seamless in NYC that can deliver food for far less than the cost of room service.

If they haven't been stripped of the full Marriott status I doubt the Brooklyn Bridge Marriott will

In keeping with this thread, I've stayed in this hotel before and it was very nice. Close to subway, downtown, etc. One thing that frosts me though is the Mortons steakhouse that used to be right next door to this hotel is closed up. I believe replaced with another restaurant.
Old Mar 24, 2015, 12:28 pm

Programs: UA Premier Gold, HH Diamond, Marriott Gold, Hyatt Explorist
I stayed there this past weekend, and was underwhelmed. They are doing renovations, and the restaurant where breakfast is served (buffet only) is in a conference room in the back. What they don't tell you up front is that because the concierge lounge is closed on weekends, Gold and Plat members don't get breakfast comped. I fought about it and they ultimately relented, but seriously...inconvenience me by not having a real restaurant, then not comp it, and don't disclose it anywhere? I couldn't say about the room service, I didn't try to use it. There's a Panera and a PotBelly on the same block, and other restaurants within a few blocks. The room was OK...no upgrade for me. A lot of street noise, even on the 22nd floor, but that's NYC. I didn't think it was worth $250/night on a weekend.
Old May 14, 2015, 12:26 pm

ExArkie provided this info in the exec lounge sticky. I've updated the sticky, but there's more info provided than I needed so thought I'd post here in the property specific thread:

"* Brooklyn / New York Marriott at the Brooklyn Bridge / CLOSED; 01/19/15 update

Checked in today (May 10, 2015). The M Lounge on the ground floor is key-accessible 24 hours a day, 7 days a week. Breakfast is served in the lounge seven days a week. Evening hors d'oeurves and dessert Sunday through Thursday.

I also found out (after I posted the short note above) that the new M Lounge opened the day before we arrived. Evidently, the CL had been on the 23rd floor with somewhat more cramped quarters, but a good view. The M Lounge is on the second floor (same as the lobby/check-in desk) with a lot more space, but only a view of surrounding buildings. The lounge is attractive, spacious, and well-lit. In the morning, there was a separate area around the coffee machine (which was having issues last weekend, by the way) with grab-and-go bagels, fruit, protein bars, yogurt, and a few other miscellaneous things. This is just inside the lounge so that one can step in grab the take-away items and be gone without having to navigate the entire area."

Cheers.
Old Jun 11, 2015, 11:45 am

Just wondering - if someone has stayed there recently, can they confirm if room service is gone for good or gone to the brown bag model like the new Marquis in DC did?

Cheers.
Old Jun 11, 2015, 11:47 am

http://news.marriott.com/2015/06/new...olution-w.html

"New York Marriott at the Brooklyn Bridge Unveils Part One of its Design and Experiential Evolution...with Fare That is Brewed, Baked and Bottled in Borough

As part of its $43 million dramatic transformation, iconic Brooklyn hotel embarks on change by embracing neighborhood’s local eats

This month, the hotel celebrates the opening of new chic spaces: The Bar (Greatroom) and exclusive M Club Lounge. At The Bar, a thoughtfully curated menu provides a taste of the borough by showcasing top, local food purveyors and businesses – From Brooklyn Roasting Company to Brooklyn Winery, Ovenly and McClure’s pickles, to name a few.

The Bar, located off of the grand entrance, is the hotel’s new social hub featuring a style that embodies local industrial chic reflective of its Downtown Brooklyn neighborhood. Design details convey an urban edge with glass, metal, subway tiles and white marble tops. A focal point of the room is an eye-catching piece of original metal artwork over the fireplace, in which Brooklyn neighborhood names appear.
Adjacent to the space, a guarded wooden “gate” unlocks exclusive access to the new M Club Lounge, a signature feature of select Marriott Hotels created specifically for frequent Marriott Rewards members.

Tableside food service at The Bar offers a laid-back vibe, and a menu that celebrates the borough. Highlights include:

BK Bites: The Bar menu includes House Chips served with a grilled onion Brooklyn Lager dip. For hearty appetites, a Sfoglini Trumpet Pasta dish features oyster mushrooms, roasted fennel and blistered tomato sauce. Sfoglini is a Brooklyn-based producer of small batch, freshly extruded pastas. For guests on the go, The Pantry offers a selection from Ovenly bakery such as Salted Chocolate Chip Cookies, Bacon Roasted Peanuts, Maple Thyme Pecans and Cherry Scones. McClure's Kettle Cooked Chips in Garlic Dill Pickle and Bloody Mary are also available for a flavorful crunch.

Roasts with richness: The hotel’s coffee selection is by DUMBO-based Roastery and Espresso Lab, Brooklyn Roasting Company. Their fair-trade coffees include Iris Espresso – sweet and spicy, bold and balanced; Peru – embodying a warm baked cookie, and sweet / salty caramel pecan pie crust; and Mexican Chiapas – capturing smokiness, peach, sandal wood, pecan and honey.

Imbibe: The beverage menu at The Pantry features Sixpoint Craft Ales based in Red Hook, Brooklyn Brewery’s Brooklyn Lager, and options from Brooklyn Winery such as Cabernet Sauvignon and Stainless Steel Chardonnay. Additional sips include Olde Brooklyn sodas in Coney Island Cream, Greenpoint Grape and Park Slope Ginger Ale. "

Cheers.
Old Oct 11, 2015, 12:29 pm

Just read that the property is going to renovate the rooms in 2016.

Cheers.
Old Mar 30, 2017, 9:06 pm
Marriott Contributor Badge

Programs: Marriott - Platinum/LTG | KF *G QPPS (working on TPPS) | OZ - Diamond Plus
Looking at a points stay here in June. Anyone have a recent stay and can share how it went? Thanks!
Old May 27, 2017, 8:32 am

Programs: Delta, American, JetBlue
We are on a one night stay at the Marriott Brooklyn Bridge. My husband is Platinum Elite. Came down to see the start of the Nick Cave and the Bad Seeds US tour. (Amazing show!) We were updated on arrival to a beautiful suite (Water View Suite) with a large balcony (!!) on the 23rd floor. On the way to the show, the hotel called and asked if we would mind switching rooms. They were hosting a wedding the next day and needed the room for the bride earlier than our late checkout time. No problem. They then upgraded us to the Presidential Suite! The Suite has a great room with a dining room, sitting area and living room. There is an office, bedroom, kitchen, large foyer and 1 and 1/2 baths. The Suite is on the 25th floor. Great views of the Empire State Building, Freedom tower and the Statue of Liberty. Quite the upgrade!

Last edited by Raven_FL; May 27, 2017 at 8:33 am Reason: Typo
Old Oct 5, 2018, 7:32 am

Programs: AA Plat 2MM, MR Gold, Avis Pref
Last post was 17 months ago
any more recent 2018 reviews

I will be going back here for work in December [haven't stayed here in years] so I'm looking to see if the club lounge/M club is open these days.

last update in the CL open on wkd thread was this.. would hope someone has a more recent update

Brooklyn / New York Marriott at the Brooklyn Bridge / M Lounge open 24/7; brekkie daily; evening Sun-Thurs; 05/12/15 update

also looking to see the parking situation - Can I park a large SUV there? cost?

hotel bar? any reviews?

any thing else of note.

Last edited by TrojanHorse; Oct 5, 2018 at 7:37 am

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.