Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Marriott | Marriott Bonvoy
Reload this Page >

Brooklyn Bridge Marriott (New York City) [Master Thread]

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Brooklyn Bridge Marriott (New York City) [Master Thread]

Search this Thread

Old Dec 21, 2022, 10:57 pm

Programs: WN F9 HA UA AA IHG HH MR
Originally Posted by nexus7556
Easily one of the worst Marriott I’ve ever stayed at. We also asked why this hotel had no mobile key and they said it’s because this is a “union property”. This gives me zero faith in unions if it results in poor service.This is not a Marriott property worth staying at.
I've stayed at plenty of organized properties that had mobile key. Sounds like more BS from Brooklyn Bridge Marriott.
Old Jun 3, 2023, 7:39 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA LT Gold, DL SM, HY Disc, Marriott LT Gold
I am very frustrated with my stay because of the $25 destination charge on an award stay.

- there is no sit-down breakfast, only grab and go. This is unacceptable for a "full service" Marriott. Reflag it to Delta, then sure.
- at 9pm, the grab and go was closed. I had just come from the FT Brooklyn Reality Tour and had L&B pizza for dinner. I figured I'd grab a couple of Diet Pepsis and a dessert for tonight as well as a bag of chips for my flight tomorrow. Nope. I ended up spending $3 more to vend a seltzer water because the vending machines don't carry Diet Pepsi, only regular.
- the $25 F&B credit is "non-culmulative" and has to be used before the 11am check out. Nobody can explain what non-culmulative means. Does that mean if I have a $15 cocktail tonight and a $10 grab and go tomorrow that I will only get $15 credit?
- the $20 M-F laundry credit isn't a bad perk but it's useless for a one night weekend stay, even if I was staying a second weekend night I can't use it
- a $15 Lyft credit at checkout doesn't even get me over the bridge
- as LT Gold, I already get internet.

I had a good conversation with the evening bar manager, who really did try to help. I was clear that this wasn't his fault and my frustration with the situation is with his bosses, not with him.

Why not just make the destination fee $250? If you don't want reward stays, deflag.

The attitude of the people who set this policy is petty.

The sad thing is that the rest of the stay is perfectly fine. The staff are friendly, the bed is comfortable, the location is convenient for the area if like me you are using JFK (my trip is split, JFK in, LGA home). At 40k (or in my case my 35k AMEX award plus 5k), I should feel it is good value to return.
Old Jan 29, 2024, 2:06 pm

Programs: Marriott, United, Jetblue
Any recent reviews? Booked for the night before Brooklyn Half, most important was location to subway and a comfortable mattress. But any feedback is appreciated.
Old Apr 22, 2024, 2:16 pm

Programs: AA EXP, DL PM, Hyatt Glob, Marriott Ambassador/LTP, Nat'l Exec Elite, LEYE Gold
Originally Posted by Ken C
Any recent reviews? Booked for the night before Brooklyn Half, most important was location to subway and a comfortable mattress. But any feedback is appreciated.
Here now, and it's a perfectly fine property. Seems a little overpriced for what is a fairly basic hotel, but I slept well and (at least on the 24th floor) there is not too much street noise.

Parking is convenient, it's sort of a self parking/valet hybrid (like a standard city garage where you pull in and leave the keys with an attendant). Somewhat strangely, you have to pay the garage separately and upfront for parking for your stay (so I paid $120 for 2 nights) but they keep the hotel guest cars on the top floor so it is quick and easy to get in and out.

As an Ambassador, I got some solid upgrades - I have two rooms booked (booked 2 doubles b/c it was cheaper) but I asked my Ambassador to reach out the day of arrival, and they upgraded one to a King 1 bedroom suite and the other to a great city-view King, both on the 24th floor. Lounge is a nice enough facility (Sunday night to Friday a.m. only), breakfast is quite basic but there's bacon, "eggs," fruit, etc. Evening has alcohol ($9 for beer, $16 for mixed drinks... but it's self-pour, so not a bad deal if your arm is loose).

Destination fee is fine because it's usable - $25 per room per night. We had no trouble using the $25/room/night F&B credit on a pair of Booker's Old Fashioneds at the lobby bar ($28). Also includes $20/room dry cleaning credit, so I sent out two garments (at $20 each), one on each room.

There is nothing fun or aspirational about this property whatsoever, but I need to be a couple blocks from here tomorrow, so it fit the bill, and I would happily recommend it if the location suits you.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.