Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Credit, Debit and Prepaid Card Programs > Manufactured Spending
Reload this Page >

Buy Presidential Dollar Coins with CC @ Face Value, Free Shipping

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Buy Presidential Dollar Coins with CC @ Face Value, Free Shipping

Search this Thread

Old Sep 6, 2008, 2:28 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend, Moderator, Information Desk, Ambassador, Alaska Airlines
Hilton Contributor BadgeIHG Contributor Badge

Programs: AS MVP Gold100K, AS 1MM, Maika`i Card, AGR, HH Gold, Hertz PC, Marriott Titanium LTG, CO, 7H, BA, 8E
I got my email at 5 PM ADT the 5th of September, after Fedex tried to deliver them before noon... but since my sister isn't 21 yet, (very near, but no cigar) they would not let her sign for them... hopefully they make it tomorrow (although I have to work)

FYI I ordered $250 Andrew Jackson's on August 28, so not a bad turnaround.., especially to Alaska!
Old Sep 6, 2008, 3:17 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Location: Saipan, MP 96950 USA (Commonwealth of the Northern Mariana Islands = the CNMI)
Programs: UA Silver, Hilton Silver. Life: UA .57 MM, United & Admirals Clubs (spousal), Marriott Platinum
My sister-in-law and nephew-in-law each ordered $500 Andy Jacksons, too.

I wonder if they'll ever have Geo. Washington for sale again, or J.Q. Adams, for that matter.
Old Sep 6, 2008, 4:24 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA ltg, B6, DL, UA, AS, SPG/Marriott Plt, HH, Hyatt
Originally Posted by SPN Lifer
My sister-in-law and nephew-in-law each ordered $500 Andy Jacksons, too.

I wonder if they'll ever have Geo. Washington for sale again, or J.Q. Adams, for that matter.
if you want, I'll go back into the local back branch where I deposited mine and buy some, then sell to you at a profit like those ebay people!

PS, when they sell the GW Bush coins, I may forgo the mile gains from buying any and boycott the coin cuz I hate him
Old Sep 6, 2008, 9:29 am

Programs: HH (Dia), Bonvoy (Plat), IHG (Plat)
Originally Posted by Marathon Man
if you want, I'll go back into the local back branch where I deposited mine and buy some, then sell to you at a profit like those ebay people!

PS, when they sell the GW Bush coins, I may forgo the mile gains from buying any and boycott the coin cuz I hate him
I think I read earlier in this thread that a president must be DEAD before he can be put on currency.

This being the case, I would by happy to see G.W.'s face on a new coin...

-kirax2
P.S. SPNLifer, I'm sure that they will. Just keep checking back, especially around mid-November.
Old Sep 6, 2008, 11:21 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA 1M
Originally Posted by JohnDunn
5 $500 boxes arrived today. The poor kid bringing them to my desk looked strained.

!
How many presidents did you get?
Old Sep 6, 2008, 11:30 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

how do they track this? By billing address?
Old Sep 6, 2008, 7:58 pm

Programs: SPG Gold, HHonors Gold, IHG Platinum, Marriott Silver
Bought my $2500 in coins on 8/14, shipped today 9/6
Old Sep 6, 2008, 8:10 pm
Suspended

Originally Posted by kirax2
I think I read earlier in this thread that a president must be DEAD before he can be put on currency.

This being the case, I would by happy to see G.W.'s face on a new coin...

-kirax2
P.S. SPNLifer, I'm sure that they will. Just keep checking back, especially around mid-November.

In that case I hope theres a Carter and Clinton coin before the end of '08
Old Sep 6, 2008, 10:05 pm

Originally Posted by craz
Not at all humorous.
Old Sep 6, 2008, 10:22 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by UA Fan
how do they track this? By billing address?
anybody?
Old Sep 6, 2008, 11:48 pm

Originally Posted by craz
Why am I not surprised?
Old Sep 6, 2008, 11:53 pm

Originally Posted by UA Fan
anybody?
I think they track it by shipping address. Your billing address and shipping address have to be the same when you place the order, so you'll want to make sure that the billing address for your credit card matches whatever shipping address you use. Sometimes you might get lucky and two orders to the same address might have some but not all of the shipment canceled - I know at least two cases where this has happened. But generally speaking it seems to be by address.

Earlier in the thread it was also mentioned that if you use the same card for multiple addresses they may not like that.

-kirax2
Old Sep 7, 2008, 12:16 am

Programs: SPG Gold, HHonors Gold, IHG Platinum, Marriott Silver
Originally Posted by kirax2
I think they track it by shipping address. Your billing address and shipping address have to be the same when you place the order, so you'll want to make sure that the billing address for your credit card matches whatever shipping address you use. Sometimes you might get lucky and two orders to the same address might have some but not all of the shipment canceled - I know at least two cases where this has happened. But generally speaking it seems to be by address.

Earlier in the thread it was also mentioned that if you use the same card for multiple addresses they may not like that.

-kirax2

My billing and shipping address are different and I have had no problem with having the coins shipped (noone is home when UPS or FedEx come to my apt. so I sent them to someone who is home)
Old Sep 7, 2008, 12:23 am

Originally Posted by yoshapman
My billing and shipping address are different and I have had no problem with having the coins shipped (noone is home when UPS or FedEx come to my apt. so I sent them to someone who is home)
If it's just a matter of a different apartment, I doubt that would flag anything. They will do an automatic verification of your billing address for your credit card, which will probably check the zip and *possibly* the street number. If the zip (or street number) doesn't match the billing address of the credit card, the cc will be declined. Since yours is just a matter of a different apt. number, it makes sense that it wouldn't be a problem. But someone trying to send the coins to a different shipping address altogether from what's on their credit card bill might have more of a problem (i.e. their cc is likely to be declined!)

Someone might test this - try sending it to an address with the same zip but different street number from the billing address on your cc. If it gets declined, we'll know the mint checks more than just the zip code portion of the address.

-kirax2
Old Sep 7, 2008, 3:35 am
Suspended

Programs: AA
Is it two boxes per customer/billing address or two boxes per credit card/shipping address?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.