Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Credit, Debit and Prepaid Card Programs > Manufactured Spending
Reload this Page >

Buy Presidential Dollar Coins with CC @ Face Value, Free Shipping

Buy Presidential Dollar Coins with CC @ Face Value, Free Shipping

Old Sep 6, 08, 3:28 am
  #661  
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend, Moderator, Information Desk, Ambassador, Alaska Airlines
Hilton Contributor BadgeIHG Contributor Badge
 
Join Date: Dec 2006
Location: ANC, MRI
Programs: AS MVP Gold75K, AS 1MM, Maika`i Card, AGR, HH Gold, Hertz PC, Marriott LTG, SPG Gold, CO, 7H, BA, 8E
Posts: 41,905
I got my email at 5 PM ADT the 5th of September, after Fedex tried to deliver them before noon... but since my sister isn't 21 yet, (very near, but no cigar) they would not let her sign for them... hopefully they make it tomorrow (although I have to work)

FYI I ordered $250 Andrew Jackson's on August 28, so not a bad turnaround.., especially to Alaska!
beckoa is offline  
Old Sep 6, 08, 4:17 am
  #662  
FlyerTalk Evangelist
 
Join Date: Mar 2002
Location: LAS; 1991 - 2010: Saipan, MP 96950 USA (Commonwealth of the Northern Mariana Islands = the CNMI)
Programs: Marriott Titanium. Life: UA 540K mi., United & Admirals Clubs, Marr. Gold
Posts: 10,454
My sister-in-law and nephew-in-law each ordered $500 Andy Jacksons, too.

I wonder if they'll ever have Geo. Washington for sale again, or J.Q. Adams, for that matter.
SPN Lifer is offline  
Old Sep 6, 08, 5:24 am
  #663  
FlyerTalk Evangelist
 
Join Date: Nov 2002
Location: BOS, MHT
Programs: AA ltg, B6, DL, UA, AS, SPG/Marriott Plt, HH, Hyatt
Posts: 10,039
Originally Posted by SPN Lifer View Post
My sister-in-law and nephew-in-law each ordered $500 Andy Jacksons, too.

I wonder if they'll ever have Geo. Washington for sale again, or J.Q. Adams, for that matter.
if you want, I'll go back into the local back branch where I deposited mine and buy some, then sell to you at a profit like those ebay people!

PS, when they sell the GW Bush coins, I may forgo the mile gains from buying any and boycott the coin cuz I hate him
Marathon Man is offline  
Old Sep 6, 08, 10:29 am
  #664  
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Location: SAN
Programs: HH (Dia), SPG (Gold), IHG (Plat)
Posts: 243
Originally Posted by Marathon Man View Post
if you want, I'll go back into the local back branch where I deposited mine and buy some, then sell to you at a profit like those ebay people!

PS, when they sell the GW Bush coins, I may forgo the mile gains from buying any and boycott the coin cuz I hate him
I think I read earlier in this thread that a president must be DEAD before he can be put on currency.

This being the case, I would by happy to see G.W.'s face on a new coin...

-kirax2
P.S. SPNLifer, I'm sure that they will. Just keep checking back, especially around mid-November.
kirax2 is offline  
Old Sep 6, 08, 12:21 pm
  #665  
FlyerTalk Evangelist
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Location: DFW
Programs: AA 1M
Posts: 28,900
Originally Posted by JohnDunn View Post
5 $500 boxes arrived today. The poor kid bringing them to my desk looked strained.

!
How many presidents did you get?
UA Fan is offline  
Old Sep 6, 08, 12:30 pm
  #666  
FlyerTalk Evangelist
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Location: DFW
Programs: AA 1M
Posts: 28,900
how do they track this? By billing address?
UA Fan is offline  
Old Sep 6, 08, 8:58 pm
  #667  
 
Join Date: Sep 2006
Location: Teaneck, NJ
Programs: SPG Gold, HHonors Gold, IHG Platinum, Marriott Silver
Posts: 677
Bought my $2500 in coins on 8/14, shipped today 9/6
yoshapman is offline  
Old Sep 6, 08, 9:10 pm
  #668  
FlyerTalk Evangelist
 
Join Date: Nov 1999
Posts: 23,194
Originally Posted by kirax2 View Post
I think I read earlier in this thread that a president must be DEAD before he can be put on currency.

This being the case, I would by happy to see G.W.'s face on a new coin...

-kirax2
P.S. SPNLifer, I'm sure that they will. Just keep checking back, especially around mid-November.

In that case I hope theres a Carter and Clinton coin before the end of '08
craz is offline  
Old Sep 6, 08, 11:05 pm
  #669  
 
Join Date: Jul 2003
Posts: 4,530
Originally Posted by craz View Post
In that case I hope theres a Carter and Clinton coin before the end of '08
Not at all humorous.
19103_aa is offline  
Old Sep 6, 08, 11:22 pm
  #670  
FlyerTalk Evangelist
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Location: DFW
Programs: AA 1M
Posts: 28,900
Originally Posted by UA Fan View Post
how do they track this? By billing address?
anybody?
UA Fan is offline  
Old Sep 7, 08, 12:48 am
  #671  
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Location: SAN
Programs: HH (Dia), SPG (Gold), IHG (Plat)
Posts: 243
Originally Posted by craz View Post
In that case I hope theres a Carter and Clinton coin before the end of '08
Why am I not surprised?
kirax2 is offline  
Old Sep 7, 08, 12:53 am
  #672  
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Location: SAN
Programs: HH (Dia), SPG (Gold), IHG (Plat)
Posts: 243
Originally Posted by UA Fan View Post
anybody?
I think they track it by shipping address. Your billing address and shipping address have to be the same when you place the order, so you'll want to make sure that the billing address for your credit card matches whatever shipping address you use. Sometimes you might get lucky and two orders to the same address might have some but not all of the shipment canceled - I know at least two cases where this has happened. But generally speaking it seems to be by address.

Earlier in the thread it was also mentioned that if you use the same card for multiple addresses they may not like that.

-kirax2
kirax2 is offline  
Old Sep 7, 08, 1:16 am
  #673  
 
Join Date: Sep 2006
Location: Teaneck, NJ
Programs: SPG Gold, HHonors Gold, IHG Platinum, Marriott Silver
Posts: 677
Originally Posted by kirax2 View Post
I think they track it by shipping address. Your billing address and shipping address have to be the same when you place the order, so you'll want to make sure that the billing address for your credit card matches whatever shipping address you use. Sometimes you might get lucky and two orders to the same address might have some but not all of the shipment canceled - I know at least two cases where this has happened. But generally speaking it seems to be by address.

Earlier in the thread it was also mentioned that if you use the same card for multiple addresses they may not like that.

-kirax2

My billing and shipping address are different and I have had no problem with having the coins shipped (noone is home when UPS or FedEx come to my apt. so I sent them to someone who is home)
yoshapman is offline  
Old Sep 7, 08, 1:23 am
  #674  
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Location: SAN
Programs: HH (Dia), SPG (Gold), IHG (Plat)
Posts: 243
Originally Posted by yoshapman View Post
My billing and shipping address are different and I have had no problem with having the coins shipped (noone is home when UPS or FedEx come to my apt. so I sent them to someone who is home)
If it's just a matter of a different apartment, I doubt that would flag anything. They will do an automatic verification of your billing address for your credit card, which will probably check the zip and *possibly* the street number. If the zip (or street number) doesn't match the billing address of the credit card, the cc will be declined. Since yours is just a matter of a different apt. number, it makes sense that it wouldn't be a problem. But someone trying to send the coins to a different shipping address altogether from what's on their credit card bill might have more of a problem (i.e. their cc is likely to be declined!)

Someone might test this - try sending it to an address with the same zip but different street number from the billing address on your cc. If it gets declined, we'll know the mint checks more than just the zip code portion of the address.

-kirax2
kirax2 is offline  
Old Sep 7, 08, 4:35 am
  #675  
Suspended
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Location: Dallas, TX
Programs: AA
Posts: 235
Is it two boxes per customer/billing address or two boxes per credit card/shipping address?
Flo's Restaurant is offline  

Thread Tools
Search this Thread
Search Engine: