FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Buy Presidential Dollar Coins with CC @ Face Value, Free Shipping
Old Sep 7, 2008, 12:23 am
kirax2

Programs: HH (Dia), Bonvoy (Plat), IHG (Plat)
Originally Posted by yoshapman
My billing and shipping address are different and I have had no problem with having the coins shipped (noone is home when UPS or FedEx come to my apt. so I sent them to someone who is home)
If it's just a matter of a different apartment, I doubt that would flag anything. They will do an automatic verification of your billing address for your credit card, which will probably check the zip and *possibly* the street number. If the zip (or street number) doesn't match the billing address of the credit card, the cc will be declined. Since yours is just a matter of a different apt. number, it makes sense that it wouldn't be a problem. But someone trying to send the coins to a different shipping address altogether from what's on their credit card bill might have more of a problem (i.e. their cc is likely to be declined!)

Someone might test this - try sending it to an address with the same zip but different street number from the billing address on your cc. If it gets declined, we'll know the mint checks more than just the zip code portion of the address.

-kirax2