Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Credit, Debit and Prepaid Card Programs > Manufactured Spending
Reload this Page >

Buy Presidential Dollar Coins with CC @ Face Value, Free Shipping

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Buy Presidential Dollar Coins with CC @ Face Value, Free Shipping

Search this Thread

Old Sep 2, 2008, 10:26 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: National Executive Elite, none of the others matter
Originally Posted by thehawk75
My Washington and Jackson's are apparently on their way, and one difference I've noticed this time around is that they are now sending this with UPS.
And my order from the 19th (Jefferson and Adams) still hasn't shipped.
Old Sep 2, 2008, 11:18 am

Programs: AA PLT 2MM
Originally Posted by icurhere2
And my order from the 19th (Jefferson and Adams) still hasn't shipped.
If it makes you feel any better, my order was placed on the 15th, and only Just yesterday did I receive notice that they had shipped.

My order was actually 'on hold' until I called last week and asked 'what's the hold about'. The CSR at that point said something along the lines of 'oh, it really shouldn't be' and then 'released' the order to be processed.
Old Sep 2, 2008, 1:31 pm

Programs: Airline Free Agent, Fairmont Lifetime Platinum, Hyatt Globalist, Hilton Honors Diamond
Shocking!

I received my box today....several days after getting an email that they were shipped! The first time they never showed up...I reversed the disputed charge with my cc company....My postal worker delivered to my door & I had to sign for it...she said "heavy box, what is it?" I said " I have no idea"....clearly I had forgotten all about it and there was no US Mint anywhere on it...just a "Fuilfillment Center" name...

I am not ordering again, too much time/hassle for me. ymmv
Old Sep 2, 2008, 1:41 pm

$2,500 worth shipped Saturday.

I got $500 a few weeks ago
Old Sep 3, 2008, 2:45 am

Followup

Just following up on my previous post. Ordered 8/21. Called last week because the order status was "on hold" while the individual item showed "In stock and reserved". After calling, they said it'd be a few business days and they'd start to process the order and indeed it shows Order in process today. Still no tracking # nor coins at my door. We shall see.

Kinda looking forward to this one -- the credit union I use for deposits & atms has a nice, big coin counter machine. Should be fun to hear it count through these. Trying to scrounge up some other change to throw in there as well.
Old Sep 3, 2008, 5:47 am
Suspended

Originally Posted by KRSW
Just following up on my previous post. Ordered 8/21. Called last week because the order status was "on hold" while the individual item showed "In stock and reserved". After calling, they said it'd be a few business days and they'd start to process the order and indeed it shows Order in process today. Still no tracking # nor coins at my door. We shall see.

Kinda looking forward to this one -- the credit union I use for deposits & atms has a nice, big coin counter machine. Should be fun to hear it count through these. Trying to scrounge up some other change to throw in there as well.
whats the point? if you are gonna simply make a deposit with all of them just give them to the teller as they come all rolled up. Why waste your time unrolling all of them?
Old Sep 3, 2008, 8:16 am
cpx

Programs: Many
Originally Posted by craz
whats the point? if you are gonna simply make a deposit with all of them just give them to the teller as they come all rolled up. Why waste your time unrolling all of them?
Some places don't take rolled up coins, instead they have these
coin counting machine. You deposit your coins there and take the
receipt up to the teller.
Old Sep 3, 2008, 8:19 am

Got a box of $500 today. Seems the mint has curtailed the offer as only Andrew Jackson is available for the distribution but there are 3 other coins available for the collectors purchase.
Old Sep 3, 2008, 9:09 am
Suspended

Originally Posted by cpx
Some places don't take rolled up coins, instead they have these
coin counting machine. You deposit your coins there and take the
receipt up to the teller.

Ive been to many a bank that didnt have a change machine, cant ever remember any bank that refused to accept rolled coins , especially if its the mint that rolled them
Old Sep 3, 2008, 9:24 am
GSR

Programs: AA 2MM
Priority Overnight

Did not get the shipping notification email, but got some coins from Memphis today via FedEx Priority Overnight. Did not select "expedited," but for some reason, they shipped it that way! It was the Jackson coins. Still waiting on Washington. There does not appear to be any rhyme or reason as to (i) when they ship the coins after you order them and (ii) what method they use to ship them. Whack Gov't!
Old Sep 3, 2008, 10:42 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL PM, MM. Coffee isn't a drug, it's a vitamin.
first order of $500 came USPS, (DHL delivered it to the local PO, then our letter carrier brought it to us). Left in the mailbox, no signature required.

second order of $1000 split in two. Half came fedex priority, adult signature required, the other half USPS left in the mailbox.

Both cases, about 10 days from order to delivery. No delivery notification e-mails for the second order, only for the first one.
Old Sep 3, 2008, 11:19 am

Programs: HH (Dia), Bonvoy (Plat), IHG (Plat)
This morning my credit union, a California-based one in San Diego, informed me that they are instituting a new policy whereby they are charging 25 cents PER ROLL for ALL coins deposited in rolls(!) So if you're planning on making a coin deposit in rolls of any type at your bank, you might want to call them and find out if there is a fee first!

-kirax2
Old Sep 3, 2008, 11:24 am

Programs: UA 1K, Avis PC, Hertz PC, Sixt Plat, Marriott Gold, HH Silver
Commerce Bank does not take rolls of coins. They make you undo them and run the coins through the Penny Arcade (their coin counter). They even offer assistance to undo the rolls. But what a giant waste of resources.

Bank of America is happy to take them in rolls.
Old Sep 3, 2008, 11:30 am

My Commerce branch here in East Northport NY has taken my $500 deposits of rolled presidential coins three times with no problem, comments or fees. I brought them in in the cardboard boxes with the tops ripped off so it would be easier for the teller.

The Northport NY Chase branch also took $500. no fee, no problem, no comments.
Old Sep 3, 2008, 11:34 am

Programs: AS 100k, AA MM, HH Dia
Originally Posted by GSR
Did not get the shipping notification email, but got some coins from Memphis today via FedEx Priority Overnight. Did not select "expedited," but for some reason, they shipped it that way! It was the Jackson coins. Still waiting on Washington. There does not appear to be any rhyme or reason as to (i) when they ship the coins after you order them and (ii) what method they use to ship them. Whack Gov't!
Same here, I came in to work today and there was a box of 500 Jackson's sitting on my desk. Had not heard a word from them since I ordered a few weeks back.

I just checked on the website and it shows tracking information for that box and a few more that shipped today... now off to see the bank tellers reaction

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.