Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Credit, Debit and Prepaid Card Programs > Manufactured Spending
Reload this Page >

Buy Presidential Dollar Coins with CC @ Face Value, Free Shipping

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Buy Presidential Dollar Coins with CC @ Face Value, Free Shipping

Search this Thread

Old Aug 15, 2008, 2:54 pm

Programs: AA PLT 2MM
Awesome, Washington and Jackson now ordered.

$500 already delivered, $2000 + $1000 in the queue.
Old Aug 15, 2008, 3:59 pm

Programs: Priority Gold, UA, DL
In for two...I ordered before but never received...guess the order never processed...
ty
Old Aug 15, 2008, 5:59 pm

Programs: Amex Plat, Bonvoy Gold, lots of points, & timeshares I got for free. To talk travel deals, PM me!
Originally Posted by ghw
were any of you concerned with the security of having 2K of coins just placed in your mailbox? Anyone been charged for coins not delivered? or lost in the mail?

I am on the fencs as to wether I want the risk of the charge coming through but the coins lost...
Originally Posted by icurhere2
A little, but through the DHL and USPS tracking numbers, I took a late lunch on the day I knew they would arrive.
I have the same concern as GHW. I assume these are shipped with at least some insurance? Anyone know whether the insurance covers the full value?
Old Aug 15, 2008, 8:57 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: BAEC Gold, Delta Platinum, Hilton Diamond, Marriott Gold, AMEX Platinum (US)
If you are concerned you could get your mail held by the local post office when you have an idea they are coming. Handy if you live close to the PO.
Old Aug 15, 2008, 9:03 pm

My order got cancelled again - this is unfortunate as I haven't been able to get any orders through! I think I'll try ordering by phone/finding out by phone why they keep canceling my order!

[end short rant]
Old Aug 16, 2008, 4:09 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA ltg, B6, DL, UA, AS, SPG/Marriott Plt, HH, Hyatt
Originally Posted by Fraser
If you are concerned you could get your mail held by the local post office when you have an idea they are coming. Handy if you live close to the PO.
for that matter if you have--or set up a PO box, why couldnt you get orders there? In fact, why couldnt you get multiple orders from multiple cards set to the addresses of multiple boxes?? Those with the AMEX SPG or HHilton offers to earn status or extra points could try this and for a few bucks spent AT the US Government's own big business in blue, they could obtain coinage AND miles/points from the US Government's office in green (ie, 'mint )

Hmmm... this COULD work, eh?

No wonder our taxes keep going up. Someone's payin' fer all of this!
Old Aug 16, 2008, 9:48 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: BAEC Gold, Delta Platinum, Hilton Diamond, Marriott Gold, AMEX Platinum (US)
Originally Posted by Marathon Man
for that matter if you have--or set up a PO box, why couldnt you get orders there? In fact, why couldnt you get multiple orders from multiple cards set to the addresses of multiple boxes?? Those with the AMEX SPG or HHilton offers to earn status or extra points could try this and for a few bucks spent AT the US Government's own big business in blue, they could obtain coinage AND miles/points from the US Government's office in green (ie, 'mint )

Hmmm... this COULD work, eh?

No wonder our taxes keep going up. Someone's payin' fer all of this!
I'm not sure if you are being flippant or not but IIRC you can't get these sent to a PO Box address, and since you can only bill $500 per president to each billing addres you've got to juggle the billing addresses on these cards so much your head will spin.

What's the harm in having the PO hold your mail if you are concerned about them. I always do it when I go away for a few days...
Old Aug 16, 2008, 11:18 am

Location: (not Montana. Nor is my name really Helena, nor am I female)
Programs: Delta, USAirways, Starwood, Priority Club, Marriott, Amex
Jackson is currently showing "not available" on the US Mint site.

OTOH, my four pending presidents have been upgraded from "order on hold" to "order in processing." GW is still "on hold."
Old Aug 16, 2008, 1:24 pm

Programs: HH (Dia), Bonvoy (Plat), IHG (Plat)
The very first of my orders has shipped. It says it's by "Parcel Post" and gives me a tracking number which links to the USPS website, but it doesn't work at that site. When I plugged it in to the DHL tracking site, it worked. Doesn't list a delivery date yet, but says they shipped out on the 14th, so I will start watching for them. So if you get a number and a link that don't work, don't panic; try it at the DHL site and see if it works.

Fraser, I can't find anything in the shipping FAQ that says they won't ship to a PO Box. It says that they won't ship expedited orders to PO Boxes, but doesn't say anything about normal orders. Unless I'm missing something - anyone try having these sent to a PO Box before? I'm actually considering getting one just for this purpose - I must be crazy! But $3000 on my new SPG Amex card (which will arrive any day now) would go a long way toward that $15,000 in six months...especially since I don't have an "official" Amex office anywhere nearby (in San Diego! Can you believe it?)
Old Aug 16, 2008, 2:07 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by Fraser
I'm not sure if you are being flippant or not but IIRC you can't get these sent to a PO Box address, and since you can only bill $500 per president to each billing addres you've got to juggle the billing addresses on these cards so much your head will spin.

What's the harm in having the PO hold your mail if you are concerned about them. I always do it when I go away for a few days...
no I wasnt and sorry if my email tone sounded as such.

I assumed (but never really checked or asked) that PO boxes probably wouldnt work, but yeah... having a PO hold one's mail is a great idea.

Yes having a lot of cards and address would make the head spin, but I find any big mileage score involves that as a MUST BE fact of life. After all to get a FREE ticket, we must WORK the system, meaning it is not hard for people in here like us, but some of the firends we may tell about such things would think we "have way too much time on ouor hands..." They are the ones who don't get it and are being flippant.

I may try to hold mail thing. We have a vacation property and I'd rather assign a card to that address but not let any mail actually try to go to the house. Could pick it up at the PO any time I am in town!
cool!
Old Aug 16, 2008, 3:24 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by kirax2
Fraser, I can't find anything in the shipping FAQ that says they won't ship to a PO Box. It says that they won't ship expedited orders to PO Boxes, but doesn't say anything about normal orders.
Apologies, that must have been it. I was only skim reading...
Old Aug 16, 2008, 8:20 pm
Hilton Contributor Badge

Programs: DL Plat, AA Plat Pro 2MM, HH Diamond, WoH Globalist, Bonvoy Gold
I just received an email that the order for 500 Jeffersons that I placed on Monday, August 11 shipped today.
Old Aug 16, 2008, 8:22 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Hmmm, if the loophole for PO boxes exists, you know I will try it!

Anyway, I am in for $2500 in this latest set of ordering and it seems as though my first one of late is already about to come thru! Wow that was fast...

Ship Conf. - Order #296XXXXXX
Saturday, August 16, 2008 10:01 PM
To: ME

We shipped the items listed below today.
Thank you for shopping at the United States Mint Online
Catalog; we hope you'll visit again soon.
Track your order at http://catalog.usmint.gov
Questions about returns or cancellations?
Please visit http://catalog.usmint.gov
Thanks again for shopping with the U.S. Mint.
Electronic gift certificates are now available!

Order #: 296XXXXXX - 1 Order Date: 8/11/08

Sold To: ME

Ship To: ME

Date Shipped: 8/16/08

Amount Charged : 500.00

Tracking ID

29XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX

Items included in this shipment:

1. THOMAS JEFFERSON $250 BOX $1 COINS (Y03) Qty : 2

This is a system generated e-mail. Please do not reply.
If you have questions, please visit the Help page at
http://catalog.usmint.gov or call us at 1-800-USA-MINT.
Old Aug 18, 2008, 5:59 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: National Executive Elite, none of the others matter
Originally Posted by Marathon Man
Anyway, I am in for $2500 in this latest set of ordering and it seems as though my first one of late is already about to come thru! Wow that was fast...
If my order from 11 Aug were in route, I would be ordering other presidents - I didn't order all that were available at once, so now I just want some to be en route (rather than ordering some more now and having multiple orders canceled).
Old Aug 18, 2008, 10:43 pm

Programs: UA 1K, LA, WN, SPG Plat, MR Gold
Hmmm...I live two blocks from USPS, and two blocks from a BoA.
2500 towards my SPG AMEX is tempting...

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.