Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Credit, Debit and Prepaid Card Programs > Manufactured Spending
Reload this Page >

Buy Presidential Dollar Coins with CC @ Face Value, Free Shipping

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Buy Presidential Dollar Coins with CC @ Face Value, Free Shipping

Search this Thread

Old Oct 26, 2009, 10:35 am

Originally Posted by msv
My 10/19 order including NA's and President coins shipped today 10/26 although one was sent via Fedex and the other UPS.
Whats the other UPS? I thought there was only 1 brown?
Old Oct 26, 2009, 11:17 am

Programs: AC SE, AA EXP MM, UA Gold MM, Hyatt Glob, Marriott Titanium, HH Dia, IHG Plat
Originally Posted by pkerr
Actually you can only get 2 boxes each of the Presidential coins per address.
OK, and only 5 coins are currently available in bulk, total $2,500 charge.

So it goes by address....does that mean I could place another $500 order for the same President, and have it shipped to another address? That is, using my same credit card name, but a different card and a different recipient?
Old Oct 26, 2009, 11:20 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

My last order still hasn't shipped. Dunno if it'll be canceled.
Old Oct 26, 2009, 11:30 am

I placed 2 $10k orders last week. My credit card has $10k in pending charges.

Please please please let both orders go through.
Old Oct 26, 2009, 12:01 pm

Programs: UA GS, 1MM, SPG Platinum
I opened up a United MP visa about 6 weeks ago. I've been putting about 50% of credit limit on there and paying off a few days later. Today I tried to use it to buy a drink and it was declined. I went on chase.com and it said my account could no longer be viewed online. I called CSR and they couldn't tell me what was wrong, only that someone from a review dept would be calling me back today.

I've heard of Amex not liking this and cancelling cards, but has this happened to anyone using their United MP Chase Visa?
Old Oct 26, 2009, 12:12 pm

Programs: DL 0.22 MM, AA 0.34 MM, PC Plat Amb, Hertz #1 GC 5*
Originally Posted by jdivenere
I opened up a United MP visa about 6 weeks ago. I've been putting about 50% of credit limit on there and paying off a few days later. Today I tried to use it to buy a drink and it was declined. I went on chase.com and it said my account could no longer be viewed online. I called CSR and they couldn't tell me what was wrong, only that someone from a review dept would be calling me back today.

I've heard of Amex not liking this and cancelling cards, but has this happened to anyone using their United MP Chase Visa?
There's posts about accounts being flagged for a few small purchases then a big purchase. It's a new one, to have an account flagged for a few big puchases, then a small purchase!
Old Oct 26, 2009, 2:46 pm

i had all of my chase accounts and my mothers closed for "using card for unintended purposes." All my personal + business and my mothers personal + business from chase were all closed
Old Oct 26, 2009, 2:49 pm

Originally Posted by Unitedsux
i had all of my chase accounts and my mothers closed for "using card for unintended purposes." All my personal + business and my mothers personal + business from chase were all closed
strange -- nothing on mine ... yet.
Old Oct 26, 2009, 2:53 pm

Programs: UA GS, 1MM, SPG Platinum
for buying coins? How much were you buying?

Originally Posted by Unitedsux
Old Oct 26, 2009, 3:07 pm
Suspended

Originally Posted by sbagdon
There's posts about accounts being flagged for a few small purchases then a big purchase. It's a new one, to have an account flagged for a few big puchases, then a small purchase!
the only Fraud that is being done is by The Fraud Dept at Chase

My mom had the samething (w/o purchasing the Coins). She got the UA CC activated it and had some large transactions, then reg purchases, then fills up with gas and the next day purchases something at a drug store and Chase shuts her down

Then I called in as her and gave them a what for. Telling them the only fraudulent thing being done is your Fraud Dept, then some other nice words, then of cause I hang up on them before they have a chance to answer.

What they couldnt deal with was me being able to answer all their Security Questions yet not having a female voice. They didnt know what to do.
It was fun, turns out my mom decided she doesnt want anything to do with Chase any longer so Im still having a field day with them

Sweet Revenge
Old Oct 26, 2009, 3:52 pm

Programs: Amex FHR elite travel agent, Ritz Stars, Hyatt Prive, Four Seasons Preferred Partner and others
Originally Posted by craz
the only Fraud that is being done is by The Fraud Dept at Chase

My mom had the samething (w/o purchasing the Coins). She got the UA CC activated it and had some large transactions, then reg purchases, then fills up with gas and the next day purchases something at a drug store and Chase shuts her down

Then I called in as her and gave them a what for. Telling them the only fraudulent thing being done is your Fraud Dept, then some other nice words, then of cause I hang up on them before they have a chance to answer.

What they couldnt deal with was me being able to answer all their Security Questions yet not having a female voice. They didnt know what to do.
It was fun, turns out my mom decided she doesnt want anything to do with Chase any longer so Im still having a field day with them

Sweet Revenge
The funniest thing to do if they ask about your male/female voice is to respond by saying "how dare you question my masculinity/femininity--" that shuts them up really fast.
Old Oct 26, 2009, 4:25 pm

Thumbs up

Originally Posted by chewy3
The funniest thing to do if they ask about your male/female voice is to respond by saying "how dare you question my masculinity/femininity--" that shuts them up really fast.
SO TRUE. I've got, unfortunately, a relatively gender neutral voice, i.e. not too highly pitched or too deep.... damn genetics.

It's nice though because i can moderate my intonation to be either my father, mother, brother or myself on the phone... usually most reps are smart enough about not questioning it when I answer all of the security questions.
Old Oct 26, 2009, 5:14 pm

Originally Posted by WBurcham
SO TRUE. I've got, unfortunately, a relatively gender neutral voice, i.e. not too highly pitched or too deep.... damn genetics.

It's nice though because i can moderate my intonation to be either my father, mother, brother or myself on the phone... usually most reps are smart enough about not questioning it when I answer all of the security questions.
Thank God, I am not the only one with this problem. My only beef is when they say mam, sometimes I correct them but other times I just let go. However it is kind of a blessing in disguise as I can always talk as myself or my wife.
Old Oct 26, 2009, 5:46 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: National Executive Elite, none of the others matter
Originally Posted by josephstern
My last order still hasn't shipped. Dunno if it'll be canceled.
My 16 Oct 09 NA coin order did ship today - will hurry back from my physical early tomorrow.
Old Oct 26, 2009, 5:47 pm

Programs: WN,UA,AA,
Originally Posted by pkerr
Actually you can only get 2 boxes each of the Presidential coins per address.
Does Mint track the quota by address or by credit card #?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.