Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Credit, Debit and Prepaid Card Programs > Manufactured Spending
Reload this Page >

Buy Presidential Dollar Coins with CC @ Face Value, Free Shipping

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Buy Presidential Dollar Coins with CC @ Face Value, Free Shipping

Search this Thread

Old Oct 23, 2009, 10:30 pm

Programs: Dime con quien andas,y te dire quien eres
Yeah.... No whining!
Old Oct 23, 2009, 11:19 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

I think you guys are overreacting about the demise of the NAs.

For starters, they will return. Second, with 6 or 7 presidents on offer, those of us that aren't in the 100k category will still be able to get our fix. I know dozens of people in my local area (many with more secure delivery arrangements than my own) that haven't exceeded their quota, and they'll be getting some coins. Third, many banks that I deal with actually like the presidents.

In closing, I'm fine with this latest development, even if it (temporarily) kills off the folks that were making a living out of this deal.
Old Oct 23, 2009, 11:24 pm

Programs: NW Silver, CO Silver,SPG Gold, USMint Presidential, Chase/BA 100k, Airtran Wendy's cups
anyone get their 10/19 shipment? Mine say in process for a few days now. I noticed my credit card has a hold for $2500 less then the order amount.
Old Oct 24, 2009, 3:30 am

Programs: DL 0.22 MM, AA 0.34 MM, PC Plat Amb, Hertz #1 GC 5*
Originally Posted by soitgoes
Gotta say, post #2 is well written.
Old Oct 24, 2009, 3:46 am

Programs: Alaska MVPG 100K, IHG Ambassador, Hilton Diamond, Hyatt Globalist, Marriott Titanium
Originally Posted by nwa330
anyone get their 10/19 shipment? Mine say in process for a few days now. I noticed my credit card has a hold for $2500 less then the order amount.
One of my two 10/15 NA orders was just shipped today, and the other one is still in process.

Since this is free reward/money, I wonder why some can't wait longer before asking the order status
Old Oct 24, 2009, 5:41 am
formerly known as Frugal Travel Guy

Programs: UA Gold, HH Gold, SPG Gold, Marriott Silver, Hyatt Platinum
Based on the recent change, I'm surprised we haven't seen a post suggesting we sue the US Mint in a class action lawsuit for taking away our miles.

Or at a minimum, the government set up a program similar to a methadone rehab, to help wean us from the addiction

Old Oct 24, 2009, 6:29 am

Programs: AA/Delta/Hilton
Originally Posted by ingy
Or at a minimum, the government set up a program similar to a methadone rehab, to help wean us from the addiction

I think we should ask for it to be reinstated in the new stimulus plan. America needs it. Increased activity in the mint will create more jobs,
(i) at all branches of US Mint
(ii) UPS
(iii) CC company to process all the great purchases and points
(iv) banks receiving all the coints, counting them, and processing them
(v) the frauds department...... why are you depositing all these coins?
(vi) construction jobs due to the need to expand storage space at the Fed
(vii) increased mining activity
(viii) increased activity at hotels and airlines
It's a multiplier effect
Old Oct 24, 2009, 8:36 am

Originally Posted by aneedle
The NA's better come back... I need these.... Honeymoon!!! I have the hotel covered and one of two tickets covered....
You could always push back your wedding
Old Oct 24, 2009, 8:47 am

Programs: All, but no status!
Wirelessly posted (BlackBerry8830/4.2.2 Profile/MIDP-2.0 Configuration/CLDC-1.1 VendorID/105)

Originally Posted by leisure32
Originally Posted by aneedle
The NA's better come back... I need these.... Honeymoon!!! I have the hotel covered and one of two tickets covered....
You could always push back your wedding
LOL
Old Oct 24, 2009, 9:44 am

Programs: AS, UA, DL, WN, Marriott, Hilton, Radisson
Originally Posted by Ken in Phx
Stop whining -- there is no such thing as "judicious" in these loopholes. You max em out for as long as possible then they go away. Sometimes due to the nature and others jsut because.
Yeah, yeah...I know. Just ask any owner or broker of derivatives and credit-default swaps.
Old Oct 24, 2009, 9:47 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by Dreading
I figured with some people doing $5-10k a month it couldn't last. Sucks for those of us who tried to be judicious and limit it. Although I always hoped it could keep going if it wasn't hurting anyone. Guess I've learned again that its a dog-eat-dog world.
Gotta say, those numbers are really not worth the effort. 2% would mean $100-$200. Nice, but for unboxing and drive and dealing with the bank and bringing chocolates? No way.

I don't think I'd consider this a dog-eat-dog world. People here are sharing their experiences and helping each other. That's what this forum is about. Yes, many are here asking questions and not contributing, but those who answer them are most certainly being generous and gracious, often to their own detriment. This attitude makes sharers less likely to post good information.

I, for one, hugely appreciate the valuable information that has been posted here. Yes, I, like many others, have kept some details close to my vest so as not to endanger my specific system (although I seem to have blown that anyway - I'll post more on that after its complete demise).

This reminds me of an old saying: me and my brother against my cousin. Me, my brother, and my cousin, against the stranger.
Old Oct 24, 2009, 10:00 am
In memoriam

Programs: AA EXP "Life is good! Really good.""
Originally Posted by sbagdon
Gotta say, post #2 is well written.
Thanks for pointing this out. The Coin Roll Safety Cutter mentioned in that article looks like a great tool for someone who has to unroll (I don't - yet). Who knew they made such things?
Old Oct 24, 2009, 10:32 am

I had 3 boxes I didn't pay for from April until October, they eventually sent me a letter politely requesting that I pay for them, which I did.

Originally Posted by Hertz4me
Last 3 months have been like a drug addiction/high for me. I ordered around 150,000.
Max out every card you could think of. I have about 50k in credit lines. I got 45k UA miles and 50k delta miles. I also got Citi points, Amex points, cash back from Discover and Citi. Been shut down by two banks, second bank just last week. The mint also sent me two boxes $500 bucks that they never billed me for. So for me it was Worth IT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Old Oct 24, 2009, 11:22 am

Originally Posted by josephstern
Gotta say, those numbers are really not worth the effort. 2% would mean $100-$200. Nice, but for unboxing and drive and dealing with the bank and bringing chocolates? No way.
I see it as a hobby that has perks... haha
Old Oct 24, 2009, 11:58 am

Programs: UAL 1MM, Marriott Plat, Hyatt Globalist, AA 3MM
Originally Posted by Astrophsx
I see it as a hobby that has perks... haha
Coins with benefits....hahaha

Last edited by mrpickles; Oct 24, 2009 at 4:54 pm

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.