Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Credit, Debit and Prepaid Card Programs > Manufactured Spending
Reload this Page >

Buy Presidential Dollar Coins with CC @ Face Value, Free Shipping

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Buy Presidential Dollar Coins with CC @ Face Value, Free Shipping

Search this Thread

Old Dec 7, 2009, 7:37 pm

Originally Posted by Mr. Bean
I don't think mrpickles was showing off. Well, at least until drumdrum... you know... and that was well deserved ^

People will probably disagree with me, but I think mrpickles' posts probably encouraged/helped more people into the coin program or led to more/larger orders being placed with the mint. I see both of those as good things

I for one thank mrpickles for his posting.
I second that. Thank you Mr. Pickles- it was good while it lasted( tho i had only 2.5 months of it)
Old Dec 7, 2009, 7:45 pm

Originally Posted by Astrophsx
I wonder how much traffic this article has/will generate for flyertalk.com?
Very true. I wonder if the Chase BA Visa card will see an uptick in apps as traffic comes into ft and sees the "next best thing" (i.e. the thread that has been floating towards the top of Buzz for some time now.).
Old Dec 7, 2009, 7:50 pm

wsj article clarification needed miles counted towards elite status?

In the article it mentioned that Mr Pickles got to 2mm.

was there something with the citibank AA card that let the purchases count the same as actually flying the miles??

not making sense but I am US/Star Alliance flyer

thx
Old Dec 7, 2009, 7:51 pm
LLM
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by Mr. Bean
I for one thank mrpickles for his posting.
mrpickles is still my idol! I'm sitting on full mileage accounts AND did supplementary bodybuilding thanks to his encouragement. Something new always comes along in the Land of Miles - just be patient.
Old Dec 7, 2009, 8:05 pm

Programs: UA, AA, AS, DL, BA, HA, WN, SPG-PL, Hyatt-Dia, HH-Dia, Marr-Pl, US Mint/VR(retired)
Originally Posted by LLM
Something new always comes along in the Land of Miles - just be patient.
The BA card really did help to ease the pain of the Mint deal going south.
Old Dec 7, 2009, 8:23 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Location: Between AUS, EWR, and YTO In a little twisty maze of airline seats, all alike.. but I wanna go home with the armadillo
Programs: CO, NW, & UA forum moderator emeritus
Originally Posted by mybagfits
was there something with the citibank AA card that let the purchases count the same as actually flying the miles??
AA counts all miles earned -- regardless of source -- toward lifetime status. If C did that I'd be past 2MM...
Old Dec 7, 2009, 8:43 pm

Thumbs up Native American $1 coins

you can still take advantage of this $1 coin and free shipping
with no ordering limits if you purchase the $1 Native American Coins
just bought 20 boxes today and shipping is still free with $500 or more purchased this rocks see ya at 2mill Mr. P.
Old Dec 7, 2009, 8:53 pm

Programs: aa
Presidential coin for miles

I have seen post saying max is $500 or two boxes - has anyone done $25K or more and delivered to bank?
Old Dec 7, 2009, 9:01 pm

Originally Posted by kconn
I have seen post saying max is $500 or two boxes - has anyone done $25K or more and delivered to bank?
See the FAQ thread, at:
http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/miles...-coin-faq.html

But right now they are sold out.
Old Dec 7, 2009, 9:03 pm

Originally Posted by yminaz
just bought 20 boxes today and shipping is still free with $500 or more purchased this rocks see ya at 2mill Mr. P.
Unless you have a different URL than the rest of us, the NA coins are sold out.
Old Dec 7, 2009, 9:08 pm

Programs: *A Silver, AA Gold + Miles Scattered Everywhere.
Originally Posted by yminaz
Where are you seeing this? ...Natives are no longer available. if you somehow manage to get those to ship better hope that they don't post as a cash advance as some have "speculated" or unconfirmed reports of it. Also the CC company may not grant points on purchases from the Mint.. Good Luck to you!
Originally Posted by kconn
YES! when the native american's were in stock.

For all you newbies...this deal is pretty much dead in the water or really close to it. Too late to start now.
Old Dec 7, 2009, 9:08 pm

blocked

I think I was blocked. I did 99 box orders daily for the past few months....I received one letter with everyone else, then got another letter about a week or so ago that included the new verbiage about cash-like transactions and what not and requested me to call them if I bought the coins for "legitimate purposes." I called and the CSR told me there was no rational reason I could come up with that would justify so many coins...
Old Dec 7, 2009, 9:09 pm

Originally Posted by aviators99
Unless you have a different URL than the rest of us, the NA coins are sold out.
^^^

I guess we can look forward to all sorts of new FlyerTalk members asking the same questions over and over again...
Old Dec 7, 2009, 9:17 pm

Mint contacting CC companies

Since the mint has added the following warning-

"Ordinarily, such purchases are not eligible for credit card rewards, cash-back, cash rebate, and similar programs. Check with your card issuer for its terms and conditions."

On their website and supposedly, according to the newspaper article contacted credit card companies and advised them of the program has anyone bought coins for the purpose of reward points or miles?

If so does it work and if not what credit cards did it work for and not work for still?
Old Dec 7, 2009, 9:43 pm

Programs: United Mileage Plus, AAdvantage, Rapid Rewards
I actually think all this recent media attention will benefit the mint with free advertising and will help thier goals of getting coins circulated more than thier anemic ad campaigns. What screwed the whole thing up was the mint taking the limits off the NAs which invited abuse. Now I see a lot of "Why Didn't I Think of This" type of posts on various message boards so there's is currently an upsurge of interest. It would beehove the mint to keep this going as it's been but with limitations. Now that the banks are wise to this and many are not welcoming of the coins it puts the onus on the customer to actually spend the coins for various goods and services. Even though a great majority of the coins ordered by the Flyertalkers and FatWalleters were deposited into banks, a small percentage were put into circulation (although who knows how far many of them actually got).

Personally I've become accustom to using these things and I will start getting some from the bank when this whole thing does end.

Of course it's all on the credit card companies to decide if they want to put the effort into determining whether or not these are cash equlivent or not.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.