Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Feb 11, 2014, 12:26 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: ed765
USB Buxx

(NOTE: stopped taking new applications ~mid February 2014 through the official link.
Current users can still add new cards.)

• Initial purchase fee: $15 + $2.50 load fee
  • Load fee: $2.50 per load, $517.50 max load per transaction ($520 charge to card)
  • Max load per day: $2,000 per CC
  • Max load per rolling 30 days: $2,000 per card, but $5k per CC (if you have multiple teen cards.)
    NOTE: The rolling 30 days is also time sensitive. For example, if you loaded on 9/1 at 2 PM local time and try to load on 10/1 at 12 PM local time, it will NOT work. You must load on 10/1 at 2 PM or later.
  • Max value at any time: $2,000
  • Max ATM withdraw: $200, max 3 ATM per day ($600 total). No fee at US Bank ATMs. Other 'Plus' or Visa ATM $1.50 + ATM fee.
  • You may only add/edit two new credit/debit payment methods every 24 hours, three every 30 days and 5 every 180 days.

Also - Answer ALL the identification questions in your profile (not JUST three or four) USBuxx will sometimes ask you one of the questions, if you use the account on a new computer. HOWEVER - they are more than happy to ask you an unanswered question - talk about BROKEN! So, answer ALL the questions so that when you are prompted - you can answer any of them.

Do not load with any US Bank card as this will not provide points.
Citi codes as purchase and earns points for US Bank

NW Buxx

• Initial purchase fee: $5 (waived with promo code: 02050053)
  • $2 load fee
  • Max load per day: $500
  • Max load per rolling 30 days: $1,000
  • The maximum Card value is $1,000.00
  • Max ATM per week: ($200 - but only if specifically enabled online, including PIN setup). No fee for some Allpoint ATMs (no way to know in advance if the Allpoint ATM will ding you $1; check your account carefully and call if necessary to reverse the $1 charge…IME 2/3 Allpoint ATMs do charge the fee).
  • Max spend per 7 rolling days: $800

Max # of CC on file for both is 2. Each has a max # of loads per card per 7 day rolling period (~3/4). If you card fails to load, first try to switch to another CC, second check to make sure there are at least 7 calendar days between loads.

Reports of Citi cards (at least Mastercard) coding as purchase for NW Buxx (Jan 2015), but YMMV.

TD Bank Go Buxx

Dead - "members will only be able to load TD Go Card(s) using a TD Bank Debit or Credit Card, or by direct deposit."

• Initial purchase fee: $4.95 + $1 load fee.
  • Max load per day: $500
  • Max load per 7 days: $2,000
  • Max load per rolling 30 days: $3,000
  • Max per ATM withdraw: $60/week. (No fee at TD Bank.)
  • Max balance: $2,000
  • Max transactions: no limit
  • Max load per funding CC (across multiple teens): only via TD CC $6,000 per 30 days

Limits are per teen card, not per master account

States not supported.

AL, AK, AS, AZ, AR, CA, CO, FM, GA, GU, HI, ID, IL, IN, IA, KS, KY, LA, MI, MN, MS, MO, MT, NE, NV, NM, ND, MP, OH, OK, OR, PW, PR, SD, TN, TX, UT, VI, WA, WV, WI, WY
According to thread, USPS MOs count against the ATM withdraw limit.
Citi codes as purchase and earns points for TD Bank loads.
Citi with some cards including the Exec will keep your order as pending and it will take up Credit limit for 3 to 4 weeks.

Beginning September 3, 2014, we're making changes to the TD GO Card program.
•We're decreasing the reload limit. We're reducing the per-day reload amount from $1,000 to $500. Rest assured, your maximum card balance at any time will remain at $2,000.
•We're changing how you can fund your TD Go Card. Account owners and friends and family members will only be able to load TD Go Card(s) using a TD Bank Debit or Credit Card, or by direct deposit.

Do not create too many accounts too fast. Some reports of account shutdown when same SSN used across multiple cards / accounts in a short period of time.
Print Wikipost

VISA Buxx

Search this Thread

Old Oct 16, 2014, 11:46 am

in regards to the NW buxx, is the max load with multiple teens 2k per month?
i read that was the case from a blogger ..........
Old Oct 16, 2014, 12:38 pm

the wiki days:

Max # of CC on file for both is 2. Each has a max # of loads per card per 7 day rolling period (~4/5). If you card fails to load, switch to another CC.

each parent can only have 2 teen cards? what does the "Max # of CC on file for both is 2" exactly mean?

thanks
Old Oct 16, 2014, 3:29 pm

Originally Posted by nkp46
the wiki days:

Max # of CC on file for both is 2. Each has a max # of loads per card per 7 day rolling period (~4/5). If you card fails to load, switch to another CC.

each parent can only have 2 teen cards? what does the "Max # of CC on file for both is 2" exactly mean?

thanks
i think the bolded comment means if CC ur using to load fails, u switch to ur secondary CC
so ifrom that nugget, i think u can have 2 CC's on file for loading by the parent
Old Oct 17, 2014, 8:47 am

Programs: Marriott, Hilton Diamond, Hyatt Globalist, AA Gold, SWA, United, British Air, Jet Blue, Alaska
Originally Posted by jsmithj88
in regards to the NW buxx, is the max load with multiple teens 2k per month?
i read that was the case from a blogger ..........
In my experience - max is $2500. That is a strange amount, but that is what happened in Oct. I have 3 teen cards on auto load. 10/1 - $500 on each. 10/15, $500 on first two, failed on 3rd. Various error messages via email and retry, but 'max load exceeded' was the essence of the messages.

I tried a new funding source (switched credit cards). Same error.

Thus, I'm concluding 2.5 teens per parent. I don't know how they would arrive at that for a maximum, but that matches my Oct 2014 experience.
Old Oct 17, 2014, 11:47 pm

delete
Old Oct 18, 2014, 5:27 am

Originally Posted by rmunson1
In my experience - max is $2500. That is a strange amount, but that is what happened in Oct. I have 3 teen cards on auto load. 10/1 - $500 on each. 10/15, $500 on first two, failed on 3rd. Various error messages via email and retry, but 'max load exceeded' was the essence of the messages.

I tried a new funding source (switched credit cards). Same error.

Thus, I'm concluding 2.5 teens per parent. I don't know how they would arrive at that for a maximum, but that matches my Oct 2014 experience.
I'm having a similar issue. Can anyone point me to the thread that displays the rules and regulations regarding load limitations? It's not on the paperwork sent with the card. Thank you in advance.
Old Oct 18, 2014, 3:35 pm

Originally Posted by ericdabbs
Read the wiki. The answer to your question is there.
I'm getting this same error today myself on USBuxx when selecting to add new funds. I have never seen this before.

"Funds cannot be loaded to the account at this time because the minimum load amount would exceed the maximum allowable card balance."

Can you point out which part of the wiki explains this?
Old Oct 18, 2014, 5:47 pm

Originally Posted by mhahnster
I'm getting this same error today myself on USBuxx when selecting to add new funds. I have never seen this before.

"Funds cannot be loaded to the account at this time because the minimum load amount would exceed the maximum allowable card balance."

Can you point out which part of the wiki explains this?
you need to wait
Old Oct 19, 2014, 4:31 am

I have had no issues with my usbuxx for years,each month I load 2k to 2 teens and 1k to one teen. Usb limits 5k per month total across all teens per 30 days.
Old Oct 19, 2014, 9:43 am

Programs: DL PLT, AS 75k, AA Exec Plat
Originally Posted by Blondekajun
I have had no issues with my usbuxx for years,each month I load 2k to 2 teens and 1k to one teen. Usb limits 5k per month total across all teens per 30 days.
Not if you have multiple funding sources. I've done more than that for years (6 teens, full 2k), no issues either.
Old Oct 19, 2014, 11:31 pm

Programs: Southwest CP, Hilton Diamond, Hyatt Platinum, Club Carlson Gold
So here's a new one for me... Went to load a NW Buxx with a Chase card (been using same card for 1 1/2 months) and the charge went pending and then auto- reversed. It's not a cash advance issue. I did attempt just after midnight on the 30 day window. But if that was the issue I would have expected NW to not attempt. I always pay down my cards as fast as I charge on them.

I'm considering trying later in the morning. Before I potentially draw unwanted attention I thought I'd see if anyone else has any previous experience with a similar scenario.

EDIT: I was entering the incorrect 3 digit security code from the back of the card. *smacks self in forehead*

Please learn from my mistake, folks.

Last edited by WhoGoesThere; Oct 20, 2014 at 2:29 am
Old Oct 20, 2014, 6:38 am

For the NW Buxx: is the Max spend per 7 rolling days: $800 per teen? So you can spend $800 on Teen 1 and $800 on Teen 2 card today? Or are you only allowed $800 per rolling 7 days for parent account?
Old Oct 20, 2014, 7:34 am

Programs: DL PLT, AS 75k, AA Exec Plat
Originally Posted by andres17
For the NW Buxx: is the Max spend per 7 rolling days: $800 per teen? So you can spend $800 on Teen 1 and $800 on Teen 2 card today? Or are you only allowed $800 per rolling 7 days for parent account?
The limit is per teen, not per parent account.
Old Oct 20, 2014, 4:03 pm
Original Poster

I have in issue adding my BofA Travel Rewards Visa (now 2.625%) to USBank Buxx card:
"An error occurred while attempting to update your funding source information. Please verify that the information you provided is correct"

It's not related to 180/30/1 day rule, not limited to a single Buxx account.

I was able to add the same Visa to Nationwide Buxx, works as a purchase, puzzling

Anyone added BofA cards ?
Old Oct 20, 2014, 5:39 pm
HGF

Programs: AA EXP
I've only done 2 loads totaling $500 in the past month on my NW Buxx card and I keep getting "Maximum number of reloads reached." with both of my CCs on file. Anyone have any solutions?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.