Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Feb 11, 2014, 12:26 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: ed765
USB Buxx

(NOTE: stopped taking new applications ~mid February 2014 through the official link.
Current users can still add new cards.)

• Initial purchase fee: $15 + $2.50 load fee
  • Load fee: $2.50 per load, $517.50 max load per transaction ($520 charge to card)
  • Max load per day: $2,000 per CC
  • Max load per rolling 30 days: $2,000 per card, but $5k per CC (if you have multiple teen cards.)
    NOTE: The rolling 30 days is also time sensitive. For example, if you loaded on 9/1 at 2 PM local time and try to load on 10/1 at 12 PM local time, it will NOT work. You must load on 10/1 at 2 PM or later.
  • Max value at any time: $2,000
  • Max ATM withdraw: $200, max 3 ATM per day ($600 total). No fee at US Bank ATMs. Other 'Plus' or Visa ATM $1.50 + ATM fee.
  • You may only add/edit two new credit/debit payment methods every 24 hours, three every 30 days and 5 every 180 days.

Also - Answer ALL the identification questions in your profile (not JUST three or four) USBuxx will sometimes ask you one of the questions, if you use the account on a new computer. HOWEVER - they are more than happy to ask you an unanswered question - talk about BROKEN! So, answer ALL the questions so that when you are prompted - you can answer any of them.

Do not load with any US Bank card as this will not provide points.
Citi codes as purchase and earns points for US Bank

NW Buxx

• Initial purchase fee: $5 (waived with promo code: 02050053)
  • $2 load fee
  • Max load per day: $500
  • Max load per rolling 30 days: $1,000
  • The maximum Card value is $1,000.00
  • Max ATM per week: ($200 - but only if specifically enabled online, including PIN setup). No fee for some Allpoint ATMs (no way to know in advance if the Allpoint ATM will ding you $1; check your account carefully and call if necessary to reverse the $1 charge…IME 2/3 Allpoint ATMs do charge the fee).
  • Max spend per 7 rolling days: $800

Max # of CC on file for both is 2. Each has a max # of loads per card per 7 day rolling period (~3/4). If you card fails to load, first try to switch to another CC, second check to make sure there are at least 7 calendar days between loads.

Reports of Citi cards (at least Mastercard) coding as purchase for NW Buxx (Jan 2015), but YMMV.

TD Bank Go Buxx

Dead - "members will only be able to load TD Go Card(s) using a TD Bank Debit or Credit Card, or by direct deposit."

• Initial purchase fee: $4.95 + $1 load fee.
  • Max load per day: $500
  • Max load per 7 days: $2,000
  • Max load per rolling 30 days: $3,000
  • Max per ATM withdraw: $60/week. (No fee at TD Bank.)
  • Max balance: $2,000
  • Max transactions: no limit
  • Max load per funding CC (across multiple teens): only via TD CC $6,000 per 30 days

Limits are per teen card, not per master account

States not supported.

AL, AK, AS, AZ, AR, CA, CO, FM, GA, GU, HI, ID, IL, IN, IA, KS, KY, LA, MI, MN, MS, MO, MT, NE, NV, NM, ND, MP, OH, OK, OR, PW, PR, SD, TN, TX, UT, VI, WA, WV, WI, WY
According to thread, USPS MOs count against the ATM withdraw limit.
Citi codes as purchase and earns points for TD Bank loads.
Citi with some cards including the Exec will keep your order as pending and it will take up Credit limit for 3 to 4 weeks.

Beginning September 3, 2014, we're making changes to the TD GO Card program.
•We're decreasing the reload limit. We're reducing the per-day reload amount from $1,000 to $500. Rest assured, your maximum card balance at any time will remain at $2,000.
•We're changing how you can fund your TD Go Card. Account owners and friends and family members will only be able to load TD Go Card(s) using a TD Bank Debit or Credit Card, or by direct deposit.

Do not create too many accounts too fast. Some reports of account shutdown when same SSN used across multiple cards / accounts in a short period of time.
Print Wikipost

VISA Buxx

Search this Thread

Old Oct 10, 2014, 12:07 pm

Originally Posted by troydwhite
Thanks, good point. I typically do $800 via BillPay then hit an ATM near WM to withdraw $200, putting me at the $1,000 limit for one money run.

I believe $200 is the max withdrawal on NW Buxx. Is there a workaround to that limit?
It's more efficient to taper $500 Bpay/WM/MO twice per card on opposite ends of the month since there's a rolling 30 day load limit of $1000.

I wouldn't bother doing ATMs if Bpay or WM is an option.
Old Oct 10, 2014, 12:33 pm

Originally Posted by brc01
It's more efficient to taper $500 Bpay/WM/MO twice per card on opposite ends of the month since there's a rolling 30 day load limit of $1000.

I wouldn't bother doing ATMs if Bpay or WM is an option.
Theoretically the ATM would be ideal for me since AllPoint ATMs are everywhere and SUPPOSE to have no fees. But im gonna start going the $500 BP/MO route since i havent made an ATM withdrawal yet that i haven't had to call to get my $1 back. Really wish the USBank would start issuing cards again.
Old Oct 11, 2014, 9:53 am

Programs: UA, CO, Delta, AA, BA, Hilton, Starwood, Marriott
Does anyone have problem to load NW buxx card? I always get 'maximum number of reload reached'. I only has one load in last 30 days and I even use a new credit card.
Old Oct 12, 2014, 12:42 pm

Programs: DL MM, Marriott LT Titanium, AA EXP, Avis Chairmans
Normally I use WM to unload buxx via MOs. But the closest Walmart has had a broken MO machine for the last three weeks. So I called around and found a Lucky grocery store that took debit cards for MOs. Went over, and each time the transaction was rejected with 'exceed available funds'. I tried a full $2K and a $1K transaction. I didn't go down to $500. The only thing I can think of is the transaction was being coded as a cash withdrawl and hit some type of limit? I could do $2K all at once with Wal-Mart.
Old Oct 12, 2014, 12:51 pm
Suspended

Originally Posted by yngdiego
Normally I use WM to unload buxx via MOs. But the closest Walmart has had a broken MO machine for the last three weeks. So I called around and found a Lucky grocery store that took debit cards for MOs. Went over, and each time the transaction was rejected with 'exceed available funds'. I tried a full $2K and a $1K transaction. I didn't go down to $500. The only thing I can think of is the transaction was being coded as a cash withdrawl and hit some type of limit? I could do $2K all at once with Wal-Mart.
Do a small test MO with your real debit card. See what the transaction shows up as.
Old Oct 12, 2014, 3:26 pm

Originally Posted by yngdiego
As far as I know Lucky is hard coded for no money orders
with debit cards or at least with gift cards. I got lucky the first time I tried and the CSR, frustration when my GC wouldn't work, hit the credit button on his side and I got the MO. I tried several more times and could never suceed with a debit card and couldn't convince a CSR to hit the credit button. I'm in North Bay, Sonoma County.
Old Oct 13, 2014, 7:00 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AAConciergeKey/1MM, DL DM/2 MM, UA Gold,Hilton Diamond, IHG Plat, Hyatt Globalist, Marriott Titanium
My Visa Buxx card from TD no longer loads to my Bluebird. I called and they said it was never supposed to have been that way and they closed that loophole. The agent said I could withdraw cash at All Point ATMs for free, but it still charges the $3 fee. Anyone else have that issue? And the max withdrawal is $60 per week!

Is there a way to just close the card and have them write a check for the remaining balance?
Old Oct 13, 2014, 7:04 pm

Programs: UA S, Marriott P
Originally Posted by SkyTeam777
My Visa Buxx card from TD no longer loads to my Bluebird.
online or at store?
i emptied all my remaining tdbux at store 10/9 without issues
Old Oct 13, 2014, 10:16 pm

Strange thing happend with my US bank buxx. The existing funding source which has been working for months today stopped loading from Paypal.

Interestingly, on one buxxx account it still works with my pp.

On another buxx account it would not load using a second PP account. that same account also would not load using a Greendot debit card but would load using my regular banking debit.

Strange things are happening with Buxx but hopefully when I try again in a few weeks thing will revert to normal.
Old Oct 14, 2014, 5:53 am

Originally Posted by Fico2Go
Strange thing happend with my US bank buxx. The existing funding source which has been working for months today stopped loading from Paypal.

On another buxx account it would not load using a second PP account. that same account also would not load using a Greendot debit card but would load using my regular banking debit.

Strange things are happening with Buxx but hopefully when I try again in a few weeks thing will revert to normal.
You may want to check if you have reached $2000 (30 day rolling) load limit.
Old Oct 14, 2014, 6:52 am

Originally Posted by ACVid
You may want to check if you have reached $2000 (30 day rolling) load limit.
It's not the 2k load limit. It works with another PP. The US bank system seems to be a hit or miss.
Old Oct 14, 2014, 8:40 am

I tried to load this morning but received this error "Funds cannot be loaded to the account at this time because the minimum load amount would exceed the maximum allowable card balance." I only have 5 cents on the whole account.
Old Oct 14, 2014, 8:51 am

Originally Posted by walkingingotham
I tried to load this morning but received this error "Funds cannot be loaded to the account at this time because the minimum load amount would exceed the maximum allowable card balance." I only have 5 cents on the whole account.
Read the wiki. The answer to your question is there.
Old Oct 14, 2014, 1:03 pm

deleted
Old Oct 14, 2014, 1:56 pm

Originally Posted by Fico2Go

Been having issues with loading my CSP for the past 2 weeks; and no I am not at maximum loads on account or the CC itself.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.