Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Feb 11, 2014, 12:26 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: ed765
USB Buxx

(NOTE: stopped taking new applications ~mid February 2014 through the official link.
Current users can still add new cards.)

• Initial purchase fee: $15 + $2.50 load fee
  • Load fee: $2.50 per load, $517.50 max load per transaction ($520 charge to card)
  • Max load per day: $2,000 per CC
  • Max load per rolling 30 days: $2,000 per card, but $5k per CC (if you have multiple teen cards.)
    NOTE: The rolling 30 days is also time sensitive. For example, if you loaded on 9/1 at 2 PM local time and try to load on 10/1 at 12 PM local time, it will NOT work. You must load on 10/1 at 2 PM or later.
  • Max value at any time: $2,000
  • Max ATM withdraw: $200, max 3 ATM per day ($600 total). No fee at US Bank ATMs. Other 'Plus' or Visa ATM $1.50 + ATM fee.
  • You may only add/edit two new credit/debit payment methods every 24 hours, three every 30 days and 5 every 180 days.

Also - Answer ALL the identification questions in your profile (not JUST three or four) USBuxx will sometimes ask you one of the questions, if you use the account on a new computer. HOWEVER - they are more than happy to ask you an unanswered question - talk about BROKEN! So, answer ALL the questions so that when you are prompted - you can answer any of them.

Do not load with any US Bank card as this will not provide points.
Citi codes as purchase and earns points for US Bank

NW Buxx

• Initial purchase fee: $5 (waived with promo code: 02050053)
  • $2 load fee
  • Max load per day: $500
  • Max load per rolling 30 days: $1,000
  • The maximum Card value is $1,000.00
  • Max ATM per week: ($200 - but only if specifically enabled online, including PIN setup). No fee for some Allpoint ATMs (no way to know in advance if the Allpoint ATM will ding you $1; check your account carefully and call if necessary to reverse the $1 charge…IME 2/3 Allpoint ATMs do charge the fee).
  • Max spend per 7 rolling days: $800

Max # of CC on file for both is 2. Each has a max # of loads per card per 7 day rolling period (~3/4). If you card fails to load, first try to switch to another CC, second check to make sure there are at least 7 calendar days between loads.

Reports of Citi cards (at least Mastercard) coding as purchase for NW Buxx (Jan 2015), but YMMV.

TD Bank Go Buxx

Dead - "members will only be able to load TD Go Card(s) using a TD Bank Debit or Credit Card, or by direct deposit."

• Initial purchase fee: $4.95 + $1 load fee.
  • Max load per day: $500
  • Max load per 7 days: $2,000
  • Max load per rolling 30 days: $3,000
  • Max per ATM withdraw: $60/week. (No fee at TD Bank.)
  • Max balance: $2,000
  • Max transactions: no limit
  • Max load per funding CC (across multiple teens): only via TD CC $6,000 per 30 days

Limits are per teen card, not per master account

States not supported.

AL, AK, AS, AZ, AR, CA, CO, FM, GA, GU, HI, ID, IL, IN, IA, KS, KY, LA, MI, MN, MS, MO, MT, NE, NV, NM, ND, MP, OH, OK, OR, PW, PR, SD, TN, TX, UT, VI, WA, WV, WI, WY
According to thread, USPS MOs count against the ATM withdraw limit.
Citi codes as purchase and earns points for TD Bank loads.
Citi with some cards including the Exec will keep your order as pending and it will take up Credit limit for 3 to 4 weeks.

Beginning September 3, 2014, we're making changes to the TD GO Card program.
•We're decreasing the reload limit. We're reducing the per-day reload amount from $1,000 to $500. Rest assured, your maximum card balance at any time will remain at $2,000.
•We're changing how you can fund your TD Go Card. Account owners and friends and family members will only be able to load TD Go Card(s) using a TD Bank Debit or Credit Card, or by direct deposit.

Do not create too many accounts too fast. Some reports of account shutdown when same SSN used across multiple cards / accounts in a short period of time.
Print Wikipost

VISA Buxx

Search this Thread

Old Jan 31, 2005, 10:55 am

Programs: AA Plat
Originally Posted by jims_064
does this transaction require a PIN? I shop at Shaws, but my Visa Buxx PIN works only at ATMs, I think - I know for fact it does not work at the Post Office.

Thanks
Jim

ON the East Coast, I have found that only Walmart and USPS take Debit Cards for Money Orders. If wonder if any place you buy a Western Union Money Order will allow you to use a Debit Card?
Old Feb 1, 2005, 12:18 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA ltg, B6, DL, UA, AS, SPG/Marriott Plt, HH, Hyatt
geesh!

ok, that Platinum AccessMyCard.com thang is a piece of junk after all.

Tried to load $100 with my brand new wide open (credit-wise) UAL BankOne Visa and I got this message:

For security reasons, we are not able to add this contribution to your balance right now. Please try again at a later time.

And yes, EVERYTHING matches 100% on all my cards, etc!

What the heck is going on over there?
Been able to load once with no confirmation page or email when using my Citi MC as a purchase for $100. That was late last week. Have to wait til feb 8 according to CS, in order to use that funding source again. BUT have never used this one and yet it does not like it.

WHY?

Will call them but it is a dumb CSR and a long, long phone call--I know it.

Maybe I should get my $100 back and not pay the fee to have this piece of junk.

MM
Old Feb 1, 2005, 1:51 pm

The MO purchase at Shaws w/ Visa Buxx is pin based, I tell them it is a debit card when I do this.
Old Feb 1, 2005, 2:40 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Platinum AccessMyCard.com- more...

So I called them to find out what happened (see above post about my first try with new UAL visa failing) and Olga in CS was nice and knew some things too. Wow!

Anyway, she was able to put thru a $100 charge MANUALLY right there on the tel! She said maybe their site is having probs. Oh boy, is that common, or what? I think so.

Then, with her on the tel, I tried to do another $100 charge on the site and it failed.
got an error saying my card was not valid.

she told me that it still counts for a load attempt on this date, which stinks. BUT then she said that you can re load every 24hrs, not 7 days.

HUH?

OK, so I can try again tomorrow?...
Fine.
You can reload with a CC up to 2 loads in a 24hr period... That's $200 per day, not $250 per week (or actually, $240 because the site doesnt even let you choose 50)

So freakin weird! Terms changing or not being certain, things working and not working...

Is this worth it? Maybe.

I dunno.

Also, when I first tried to use my Platinum AccessMyCard.com last week, I had tried to load with a citi MC. It failed a few times. Platinum AccessMyCard.com said they ended up seeing 2 attempts on the 25th of Jan but those count so I have to wait til 7 biz days to try again. Why 7 days with that CC and 24hrs with the other? Weird.

Also, got a $100 charge for something at a bank of Las Vegas on the 25th for $100 and yet, Platinum AccessMyCard.com said they have no load adds from my two 1/25 attempts when using that card. If it came thru, she said, you have to fax us to help us figure out why.

She gave me the fax and said to call back and tell them I am faxing in. I will fax in many a page, with many a note...

geesh!
MM
Old Feb 1, 2005, 3:47 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

I faxed everytihng to Platinum AccessMyCard.com today to get answers!

Jeffrey T me... (MM)
Card # 5106-XXXX-XXXX-XXXX

TO: Platinum AccessMyCard.com
Attn: Olga, Customer Service (Or management)
RE: Problems with loading my new Platinum AccessMyCard.com card.

FAX TO: (918) 497-5747 or 918-497-5472

Hello again Olga,

Thanks for trying to help me earlier today with my card.
I am trying to discover what the problem is when it comes to loading it.
I activated it last week and as we know, there were a few attempts on 1/25 using my Citicard MC credit card for $100. I have attached a copy of my statement printed from my online account activity that shows a charge from what seems to be your bank for $100 on 1/25. But you told me today that your records only show that two attempts to load were performed, and yet, no charges came through.

Is this you, and if so, can you either (A) load my Platinum AccessMyCard.com card now for that $100, or (B) kindly refund that $100 and make sure it happens soon?

The issues are these:

1) I need to know exactly how and when I can load and reload suing a credit card on the internet. Your terms are vague and every CSR I talked to has it different. Is it every 7 days, max $250 with a CC? Is it max $240 (seeing as how you cannot even load $50 online—you have to do $40 or 60)? Or is it max $200 per 24 hr period when using a CC? Is it max 2 loads per day, meaning that you can essentially use a CC to load $200 every day up to the maximum this card can hold on it?

I need you to tell me these terms in layman’s terms… So I have it right and no mistakes are made.

2) When can I next use my Citicard MC to load the Platinum AccessMyCard.com account? I was told by one CSR I had to wait until next week and let 7 business days pass by. And yet, today you told me I can use my Visa card that we worked with today starting tomorrow, which is only 24hrs away. And are those 24hrs exact to the minute, or are they per day? Need to know!

I would like to load with up to 3 different credit cards. I would like to know how and when to do this. Please use the example of my attempting to load the max $$ per day per card… I may not do this, but that’s what I need to become thoroughly clear on.

3) My address and name are exactly the same on all my credit cards and on this Platinum AccessMyCard.com account. The only issue that seemed to be of any concern was when you informed me today that maybe my phone number had something to do with it. For your records, my credit cards (Visa dn MC I am using to load this with) have my middle initial in them, which is “T” and there is no period (.) on the end of that “T” and my phone number for billing purposes is (978) XXX.XXXX. I use my cell phone for a lot of things so should I leave it out or put it in the “work” number field or what?

Incidentally, I am including on this fax a copy of one of the denials I got when I first tried last week. When I tried to load and was denied, the screen refreshed showing an EXTRA digit in the filed for the work number. I did not put that there. Maybe your Web site does need some looking into. Please fix this. I paid $19.95 for this Platinum AccessMyCard.com account. Please make it worth that amount or I will have to cancel and ask you for a refund. I would rather just continue to load and use this as needed. (BTW, I do a lot of online transactions and would like to use your card for such things, so I am savvy to the way of the net, and yet this causes so many problems I am baffled.)

Except for the one time you loaded the funds for me on the phone with my Visa, every other attempt I have made online has failed. You witnessed two of them. I had tried $100 online when we were talking and it came back saying my card info was invalid. I tried $40 more but you said the other attempts counted so I would have maxed out for the day anyway. As of yet, I have not asked my credit card company what they saw happen, but I would imagine some denials are coming through somewhere there. Again, it is way too confusing.

Messages I have seen that concern me include these (seen online when I tried to load as I have mentioned above):

Due to repeated declines, you can no longer fund using this credit card. To fund this account please change your payment method to a different credit card.

The card information you provided was invalid.

For security reasons, we are not able to add this contribution to your balance right now. Please try again at a later time.

I have several valid credit cards from Visa and MC with a lot of available credit on them. Again, I wish to use them to sometimes load to Platinum AccessMyCard.com and have it work nicely. If I follow your rules it should work. Please outline them for me in an email or a letter—or even a call back. I think email would be best and seeing as how I have already run into so many problems right from the start, maybe it is the thing I deserve the most. I have since used the fund on the card and made a purchase for $75.05 today already. So it works when it wants to, but I still need to be able to load into it. I know I could load thru Direct Deposit and also with other methods, but if I wish to do a credit card online, I should easily be able to.

So, kindly email me answers and solutions. My email is:

[email protected]
My cell is: 617.XXX.XXXX
I am home late at night so I never check that until it’s too late to call in for my needs.
So my Cell or email is best!

I really need to know the real deal on your terms. I printed everything from the site the day I activated my new Platinum AccessMyCard.com card, but apparently, things changed or are not really working?

You tell me.

Thanks!

Jeffrey T. MM
-customer.

[I called in and got Dan in CS who said the fax was coming thru as I spoke. I sent them 14 pages showing the issues. I don't care anymore... I just have to know what the heck is going on!

if they fix it, great. If not, I want out and want my $19.95 fee back.
Incidentally, I WAS able to cash some of it out and it came thru as a purchase. So that part works but I only had $80.05 in there anyway so it's just a test #1 for me]

Dan in CS said the Client Services people would review my stuff and get back to me in 24-48hrs. So we wait!...
MM
Old Feb 1, 2005, 9:04 pm

Originally Posted by Marathon Man

[I called in and got Dan in CS who said the fax was coming thru as I spoke. I sent them 14 pages showing the issues. I don't care anymore... I just have to know what the heck is going on!

MM
Dude, you got too much time on your hand sending a 14 page fax because you can't rack up your lame points.... I get a kick out of reading your ditzy posts, asking rhetorical questions and then answering them yourself. I hope you use a little discretion when racking up these miles with your CC, rather than going hog wild. I've read in your other posts that you've been calling your credit card company now and stirring up a hornets nest about some charges that went through as cash advances... obviously there onto you or will soon be onto you. People like you are gonna kill all these deals and pretty soon you'll be stuck taking the greyhound to stay at the motel 6 for your precious little vacations.
Old Feb 2, 2005, 2:46 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

there's always at least one, aint there?...

Originally Posted by pacman777
Dude, you got too much time on your hand sending a 14 page fax because you can't rack up your lame points.... I get a kick out of reading your ditzy posts, asking rhetorical questions and then answering them yourself. I hope you use a little discretion when racking up these miles with your CC, rather than going hog wild. I've read in your other posts that you've been calling your credit card company now and stirring up a hornets nest about some charges that went through as cash advances... obviously there onto you or will soon be onto you. People like you are gonna kill all these deals and pretty soon you'll be stuck taking the greyhound to stay at the motel 6 for your precious little vacations.
My oh my, we've got a live one!

First of all, my fax-letter was only like 1-2 pages long but I included many printouts of the errors on the Platinum's site to equal the rest of the pages sent. They will fix it and I will continue to earn miles here.

secondly, you are pretty low for posting what you posted. Why there are always a few people in here like you I do not know, but you seem to get off on your ability to attempt to blast other posters. Real good, man... real good. what's your point other than to do this in here now?

That's pretty stupid if you ask me.

Thirdly, I know for a fact that 99% of what I am posting is helping people like myself get thru messes that we could not have planned for, and it is certainly helpful to many other posters who do exactly the same kinds of things for miles. I am reporting what already happened in my recent real-time experiences, and if you don't like it or gain from it then kindly get out of these threads and become more constructive/less abusive before coming back in.

Fourth, my ways and means of mileage are racking up far far more than you could ever imagine, my friend, and I am NOT killing these deals by reporting on the outcomes of just some of those things in here that I happen to post about. If the deal worked for person A and then person B does exactly the same thing but something like this goes wrong, what would you have person B do? Deals change. Believe me, I have been in this game long enough to know that one person cannot kill it like you think they can. If you have proof otherwise, then PM me, you fool! The anomolies happen in the world of credit and gift cards, and you know it, but it seems to me that you cannot grasp half of what others have to say to try to make it a bit easier for the next guy. That is sad and I hope you figure out a little more about how to treat others some day. I also can assure you that "Platinum" AccessMyCard.com is not going to read these posts to kill the deal. Geesh! My fax going to kill any of it either. If it dies, it is certainly not due to my fax. If it dies, it's because it sucks and it needed fixing anyway and they are obviously not consistent with the way things load to their card. Besides, an error on their part proved they owe me at least $100 and that's not something to be hush-hush about to anyone no matter how many miles we are talking about.

Finally, I DO have lots of time to spend on miles and guess what: I love it, it helps me travel on big and little vacations for next to nothing, and I hold down a decent day job & do pretty nicely in it as well in my busy work week. My wife and I have time for other stuff/hobbies too, and yet, I have no reason to explain myself to to the likes you. But at least I am writing about things to benefit other mileage mongers while you say you are just reading and reading, with nothing constructive to say at all.

Whose got too much time on their hands? I think it is quite reversed, pacman777. You know, I have learned that when people insult you about things, they are usually just speaking to themselves. How's that el-cheapo room at the motel 6 treatin' ya with nuthin' to do but twiddlin' yer thumbs suckin' on a chilly dog & whistlin' Dixie? I have a feeling you will be the one killing deals as the moderator will surely chime in asking us both to cease insults. But you know who started the fire here, breaux... I am merely defending myself against idiocy--and rightfully so.

Unless your posts can also contain some valuable and relevant mileage information, kindly refrain from silly remarks (like the ones I just attempted above) that are posted just to make yourself look so cool to... yourself...

MM
--back to miles!

Last edited by Marathon Man; Feb 2, 2005 at 3:04 am
Old Feb 2, 2005, 7:15 am

deleted

Last edited by jims_064; Feb 3, 2005 at 1:17 pm
Old Feb 2, 2005, 7:52 am

Originally Posted by pacman777

Dude, you know little of what of you speak about. Your comments seem to indicate you are new here. If you were here reading and contributing for any period of time you would know that these deals are quick to fade and the maximizing them is the only solution. People like the MM poster arent the ones to kill the deals. Thats just your inexperience speaking. Maybe with a little seasoning you might posts something useful.

Ken in Phx
Old Feb 2, 2005, 7:59 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

we have another winner--or should I say, Whiner!

well MM I have to agree with pacman777. somehow you seem to think it's your right to "abuse" the system to get your miles, when it fact it's more like being able "to take advantage " of certain programs which were establish for marketing purposes other than accumulating miles for nothing.

all these calls and faxing and speaking to fraud departments etc are just highlighting to the card companies the extreme limits to which these rebate programs are subject.

I think you should just keep a low profile, accept some programs work and others don't, and get off your high horse. there's no reason the credit card companies should protect you or any other customer from adverse results from trying to take advantage of the system

ok look,

First of all, I do not know how I am abusing anything here. We are trying to load gift cards with a freakin credit card. If it goes thru, great. As long as it does and should, then it does, and it should. Just like you, I would like to know if a charge is going to come thru as a CA or a purchase... And if you are referring to another post I made in another thread, you may wish to inform others of the thread you are discussing. You can very easily do this but you may need to learn some more of how FT works first. In the meantime, if you ever get charged a cash advance fee for something that should not be, then don't come crying to me!

Geesh...

Whatever you are saying here about abuse should be retracted.

I point out things I find on subjects that are important. (Which is what this whole forum is all about by the way) This action does not make me anything but a good poster! I can be wrong about some of it, but there are much better ways to let someone know you don't agree with their words. Your post here was a little bit better than pacman's but man, why the bad vibes? What's that all about? I am also not on any "high horse" and both you guys are missing all my points. Are you really reading this stuff and getting the bigger picture or are you just looking for fights?

I certainly know what it means to keep a low profile about certain gigs but this one (the platinum card thing) is already in here, and I so am trying to sort thru things that happened when trying to make it work. I also have my hands in many deals and offers and like to discuss them all. We have that right. AAA, Platinum, etc...

This thread already KNOWS about the platinum card gig and besides, it is closed to new members, so how can my words do any harm to that deal? How can my thoughts on cash advances or purchases in different credit cards be anything but informative?

Look, with the platinum card loads I was trying to make, they made a clerical mistake or three and it has cost me time and money. They charged my citicard $100 but did not load the card. They know they owe me the money and I am not worried about getting it back but I had to point that out to them. It's a good thing you aren’t working there though, because I have a feeling you would laugh about a customer that had such a problem. I had to fax in to get that money back and get that issue resolved. I also question HOW someone is supposed to load because it does not work--it does not work in the same way it did for anyone else and even different CSRs have different answers. How is it then wrong to try to find this stuff out? What's wrong with you, man?

If I post about it--or anything about cards and miles, I am helping someone else in here that may have the same problem!

They (platinum) also saw errors take place on their own site when I was trying to load with a second card. How is it then wrong for me to ask about these? Look back in this very thread about how other people had to call CS at VisaBuxx to get answers about glitches in that system a while back.

Lastly--and I am only saying this because I do have experience with these things--you guys with like 4 or 27 posts may read a lot but where's the proactive and forthcoming information of your own? It all seems to be just poster blasts and bad rebuttals, and nothing more.

That's so sad, dude.
MM

I personally think it is YOU who are wrecking things and all of this is now bringing the issue to a new level it was never intended for. I will not deal with you or Pacman again unless it is involving both of your apologies, or an admittance to the fact that you have a serious communication issue and that you have totally misunderstood everything here. But I bet that won't happen, so see ya!
Old Feb 3, 2005, 6:16 am

well MM, you got me on the number of posts, and also on the idea that I have not yet come across any program that would be of benefit to anyone (though I will say I have spent hours searching the net for one).

But here's what I HAVE seen in the past couple of months;

the demise of the Charter One gift card
the apparent demise of the Pricegrabber.com gift card
the apparent demise of the Platinum Debit Card
BofA curtailing new VisaBuxx cards & doubling fees on existing cards
ING Direct canning over 3500 customers for calling CS too much
Best Buy & others cracking down on coupon and return "strategies"

and that's just recently, prior to that was the savings bond program and the famous collapse of the FBB 2% rebate which happened so fast a number of people (including me) were left holding the bag

Now let's just take a program you know well - VisaBuxx. Do you think that BofA might have found the program unprofitable if thousands of customers had 6 or 8 accounts, which churned money through them as fast as possible,
generating no ATM fees or other income, and hundreds of CS calls everytime some little glitch came along? I don't know what you think, but I know what I think.
Old Feb 3, 2005, 6:28 am

Originally Posted by vindesante
The MO purchase at Shaws w/ Visa Buxx is pin based, I tell them it is a debit card when I do this.
thanks for the reply - my VisaBuxx comes from Wachovia and the PIN provided only works at ATMs and not at POS. It was a great idea and I think the price is right... thanks for sharing it
Old Feb 3, 2005, 8:41 am

Now let's just take a program you know well - VisaBuxx. Do you think that BofA might have found the program unprofitable if thousands of customers had 6 or 8 accounts, which churned money through them as fast as possible,
generating no ATM fees or other income, and hundreds of CS calls everytime some little glitch came along? I don't know what you think, but I know what I think.
I guess I cant see your point? So are we supposed to do it to get miles or not? You make a case for not sharing the information you get, therfore hogging it for yourself and limiting the number of people who can use it. This seems counterproductive to the idea of FlyerTalk. Seems like you'd be the kind of person to take from others without sharing your ideas.

Anyway, deals like these cant be done slowly or at half speed. How much is too much? Who decides this? Is there a consensus on this? If I do 1,000 a month is this ok? If I do 8k a month is it too much? Can you see where you idea fails to pass the test of logical and reason?

Ken in Phx
Old Feb 3, 2005, 9:25 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

well MM, you got me on the number of posts, and also on the idea that I have not yet come across any program that would be of benefit to anyone (though I will say I have spent hours searching the net for one).

But here's what I HAVE seen in the past couple of months;

the demise of the Charter One gift card
the apparent demise of the Pricegrabber.com gift card
the apparent demise of the Platinum Debit Card
BofA curtailing new VisaBuxx cards & doubling fees on existing cards
ING Direct canning over 3500 customers for calling CS too much
Best Buy & others cracking down on coupon and return "strategies"

and that's just recently, prior to that was the savings bond program and the famous collapse of the FBB 2% rebate which happened so fast a number of people (including me) were left holding the bag

you know you are right. Deals do die and we have seen them right here live on FT!

These things DID happen and yeah, I am sure the companies see a billion hits of a certain type and so they change things or crack down. But consider this:

1) charter One, if managed well by the mileage monger (you and I), went on for a long, long, long time and it ended around the time their bank got bought out. That was the main reason I saw for its death. Go talk to Citizens Bank for more info on that one.

2) Maybe the 40,000 members of FatWallet.com helped kill it and maybe we did, but what if it was just a sheer fact that they did not really design a product that could bring them the profit they imagined it would if someone found other ways into the system. We did find those ways and even if it were only ten people, trust me, they would have done the same thing. I have proof of this from other little known but now dead GC offers that came and went simply because they figured out they had some issues and we happened to be using the cards at that same time. Note also that the CO program lasted for many moons and many in here, myself included, earned free miles for a longer time than anything else, and yet it also ran the longest. A lot of these Gift Card gigs are slapped together by companies who know marketing but do not do all their homework. How do I know this? I INTERVIEWED someone who does run one such service! Long story but it is true. He was simply money savvy and knew nothing more about the "what if's" that could happen in his own industry. Visit cyphermint.com for a look at what this gig is. Check out their mypaycashnow visa. Before I even joined up to get one, they decided to stop accepting credit cards. Was it us who knew about this GC or was it them who figured something out before it even got out there to the masses? I never activated mine and gone was a mileage gig that could have been great.

PS, I am a marketing and creative services recruiter and worked in facets of marketing for a while now. I try to stay on top of trends and I watch banks as well. I also am into the promotions side and I am all over the whole issue of "what happens if people try to get rebates or promos that do not come thru?" To get more info on that, visit my site: www.theothersideoftraveling.com. It is currently being updated but it goes into issues about how companies can get people to sign up for things and then change the terms. SO who is scamming who, I ask? Again, the site is being updated--one such gig was just resolved and I am about to try to tackle the next one, which is that whole Continental==>Amtrak==United thing that just ended one day without notice, stranding a bunch of upset FTers. Promo marketers and companies (and banks and credit cards) also screw up and it can be painful to sift through things to get yourself back on track when you get basted by one of them.

Some promos are good and some are bad. I do a lot of things in here and so I have myself to blame or to thank when something fails or works out respectively. No one can do them all... BTW< I never touched pricegrabber and here's another thang: Would you believe me if I told ou that it was just yesterday that I signed up for my very FIRST VisaBuxx card??

yup!

US Bank --my wife and I share the NWA visa so she was the parent and I was the teen (which I act like anyway--to try to make a joke here)

Look, I do appreciate your saying what you did in the way you did--it was much better than our first direct interaction, but you are not 100% right about our noise directly causing these programs to fail outright.

Many GC gigs and promos of the like are designed poorly. They are not fully thought thru by the very marketers who put them forth. They are often new and patchy, and they just do not have the recourses or knowhnow to do it all the way they ought to up front. AAA TravelX did and that's probably why they knew enough to make the charge come thru as a cash advance. It saves THEM money. Stinks for us--especially when they are wishy washy about disclosing that part the same way to everyone, but their products will last whereas these other ones will come and go.

I have several irons in the fire, I am always testing new gigs I find and I actually consider myself to be someone who TRIES to share what I find if I know it works and how to do it without making mistakes. If I found a new GC and tested it, and then found out exactly how to make it work so that no one needs to call CS or email and fax them to fix problems, then my efforts would help others gain miles and still work the product in the best way given its conditions. If 300 people all find something at the same time and then trudge through it sort of spinning the wheel of luck, then this is where problems come up. And that's why one looks for 'oher' options constantly...

I have earned about 400,000-500,000 miles from these gift card and travel card doings in the past year+ and I intend to continue doing exactly what I am doing. My goal is to fly with my wife and family and enjoy life with friends too. I think a lot of others in here--possibly yourself included, want the exact same thing. If I can help find ways for you or others to do what I have done, I will letcha know. As for ING Direct bank, I heard from someone I know in high level management that some bank fraud went on in there. It had nothing to do with miles or even their referral gig. I have earned a lot of those $$$ as well... you have to be crafty and upfront, as well as very friendly and helpful. then good vibes come back to you trifold, man!

MM

Quote for the day:
"If you think hiring an expert is expensive, wait until you hire an amateur."
Old Feb 3, 2005, 9:38 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

And here's another some may have missed: Wachovia (lower load fees for non customers)

VisaBuxx for all...

ride the wave mates, you know the rest!

https://www.visasvp.com/wachoviabuxx/parent_profile.asp

MM

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.